P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Akihma (Swe)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnosticPoison

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Akihma (Swe) Reply with quote

Is anyone here familiar with this project? Only one cassette release on 'Total Holocaust records' entitled 'Apud Excessum' Really incredible ritual / dark ambient stuff and definite LLN vibes throughout the whole thing. I'd be hesitant to refer to it as Dungeon Synth but I guess it's in a similar ball park. Very unique and some of the best I've heard in the field.

Anyone got any more information?

Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jx4e7RZvKM
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been mentioning that project in pretty much every dark ambient thread here for years...!

Awesome & unique indeed. Probably just a one shot... glad i have the tape, one of my most precious!

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
lunar stele

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a copy of this from a distro based on this thread. It better be good!
dysnomia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I used to listen to that tape a lot. Great stuff. I'll have to pull it off the shelf again.
Wechselbalg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I asked Håkan (Total holocaust records) what´s up with the guy behind this project. Håkan wondered about the status of Akihma, too. But there was no reply anymore after this short e-mail conversation.
avskum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akihma was pretty much a one of project that I did between recording Svartr Strijd and Black Circle songs.
In and around that time I had recorded so much stuff, but lost pretty much all of it in two hd crashes. After that I kinda lost inspiration. Some songs I still have saved on a cd-r, but just a fraction of all that was recorded.

The "Apud..." tape is two demo sessions put together. It was also supposed to get a CD release around 2006, but the label (not THR, but a German label that I can't remeber the name of. Håkan did all the talking to them) never got around to release it.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo then & hail to you Sir.
I like the fact that it was only released on tape. Total analog worship. Fits perfectly the universe & atmosphere. One of my favorite demo tapes ever, a true gem

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
GnosticPoison

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avskum wrote:
Akihma was pretty much a one of project that I did between recording Svartr Strijd and Black Circle songs.
In and around that time I had recorded so much stuff, but lost pretty much all of it in two hd crashes. After that I kinda lost inspiration. Some songs I still have saved on a cd-r, but just a fraction of all that was recorded.

The "Apud..." tape is two demo sessions put together. It was also supposed to get a CD release around 2006, but the label (not THR, but a German label that I can't remeber the name of. Håkan did all the talking to them) never got around to release it.

Thanks for chiming in on this! Unfortunate, but hey, at least we've got one killer tape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: