P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Discogs Experiences/Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haerelon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recent experiences? Getting shafted for shipping prices. But that's pretty much standard.
Ough

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haerelon wrote:
My recent experiences? Getting shafted for shipping prices. But that's pretty much standard.

Do you not Check the users shipping policies before ordering?

http://nghtrhthms.com
Haerelon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Haerelon wrote:

Well I private messaged before I put in an offer on two items he was selling. Told me it was £8.50 then tried to charge me £17 after he accepted both offers. When I mentioned what he had told me he said £11 was best he could do for both items. The cost when the package arrived? £3.70 on the parcel.
WhiteGoldWielder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haerelon wrote:
Ough wrote:
Haerelon wrote:

Well I private messaged before I put in an offer on two items he was selling. Told me it was £8.50 then tried to charge me £17 after he accepted both offers. When I mentioned what he had told me he said £11 was best he could do for both items. The cost when the package arrived? £3.70 on the parcel.

I hope you left negative feedback. As long as you have a PM trail to justify the feedback he can't weasel out of it by whining to Discogs (or retaliating).
El Feroce

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most recent:
made an order and the seller raised the shipping price stated when send me the invoice. Does not respond my messages.
I want to cancel the order but in the meantime I don't want to risk to receive a negative feed for the problem this asshole timewaster create.

Solutions?
power_hazard

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
Most recent:
made an order and the seller raised the shipping price stated when send me the invoice. Does not respond my messages.
I want to cancel the order but in the meantime I don't want to risk to receive a negative feed for the problem this asshole timewaster create.

Solutions?

I would just cancel it then if he leaves negative feedback try to get it removed as Discogs can check your messages and his written shipping terms against the gouged shipping cost.
Wantlist: www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1167411#1167411
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's minor Discogs pet peeve:

1. Selling a 7" for EUR 15.
2. Getting thoroughly lectured on how to pack the 7" even though my feedback has been a consistent 100% over the past seven years.
3. Seeing the buyer list the very same 7" he bought from me for EUR 150 four days later.
4. No feedback, no message along the lines of 'got it, thanks'.
STRANGUL

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people seem to forget they are dealing with other, real people. Or, in that case, they are assholes to begin with.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have maybe 10 feedbacks not left for me, even if I leave for the other side.
Don't know what's the problem with that Confused
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a trend lately of sellers taking a looooong time to respond to anything. Discogs used to be so quick I felt like it was a real distro (sometimes of course the seller was) but recently sellers have been very lethargic. I even had a few instances of dealing with sellers with out of date inventory so they had to cancel orders.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made an offer since it was an option on a LP... a reasonable one. Seller waits to the last day to accept but only if the transaction continues outside discogs... whats next? No paypal but I send a personal cheque or VISA gift card perhaps?

No thanks. Much how like ebay was pretty reliable once, discogs just has all the grief there now too. Or risks or whatever you want to call it.

I would rather just support new products and reliable labels that provide them.
Hidden38

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Made an offer since it was an option on a LP... a reasonable one. Seller waits to the last day to accept but only if the transaction continues outside discogs... whats next? No paypal but I send a personal cheque or VISA gift card perhaps?

Sometimes I offer this if its a high priced order. Especially if customer is wanting a better deal.

For instance; Iím selling an LP for $40. A portion of that goes to paypal, and a portion goes to discogs. Customer says hey I want LP cheaper. My response is this, save me the discogs fee by paying outside of the site, and LP cost is $36 instead. Hey if you want further discount, save me the paypal fee and pay as a friend and cost is now $34.

Though I offer it, I only recommend doing it this way with trusted sellers who have a reputation to protect. Had a Russian seller ask me to pay via credit card outside of Discogs. He had zero feedback Laughing
Vapula

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

Discogs fees are almost as high now if not higher then eBay. I know as a buyer it's annoying but it doesn't really effect you buying outside other then you can't leave feedback.

If you leave a seller bad feedback they can also leave you bad feedback unlike eBay so theirs no advantage for either person buying through the website.

If the seller tries to rip you off you can still open a paypal claim paypal don't care if you bought in or outside of discogs. Discogs fees as a seller are also annoying because you can't just pay them once the transaction is complete you can only pay them once a month. So if you sold an LP today you may not get an invoice from discogs for another 3 - 4 weeks by which time the deal is done and dusted and it feels like your handing over money for nothing. In regards to treatment of sellers Discogs isn't much better than eBay either.
Hidden38

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller payment reminders from Ebay are incessant! Literally every other day emails even if your fees arent due for another 20 days. Ridiculous.
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have their "collection" stored on Discogs. Do random items just disappear from your collection even though you know you've added them to your list?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: