P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Anaal Nathrakh
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilenceEater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: New Anaal Nathrakh Reply with quote

Couldn't find a thread for the new album. I thought their last album was top notch and this next record just continues down that path. I love the way they combine Industrial sounds with Metal elements

Forward!
Obscene As Cancer
Ough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to "Forward!" wtffffffff that's sooooo bad. The repeated gun shots / reloading sample makes it sound like that fuckin' MIA - Paper Planes song LOL. (That's a good track though). Some really bad EDM type electroswooshes in there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRjZoRtu0Y

Music/vocals itself kinda sounds like a poor man's Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr... would rather just throw that on for nostalgia sake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyxT5mB15-Y
flowersofevil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a fan of Total Fucking Necro, The Codex Necro, and When fires rain down.... but after that this band has been pretty much garbage and getting steadily worse.
little_raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band still around?
reformathard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a fan of old and even some newer records; both of the tracks released are really tame for them and i think Mick is listening to too much metalcore living in orange county. PASS
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who enjoys most of their albums up through and including In the Constellation..., this is unbelievably bad. I had to go back to the tab to make sure it was actually Anaal Nathrakh and not some shit third rate metalcore band.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The synths, gunshots and general rhythm sounds they're trying to reference Grime (a kind of UK hip hop). Mixing metal and club music never ever works.
tagradh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
The synths, gunshots and general rhythm sounds they're trying to reference Grime (a kind of UK hip hop). Mixing metal and club music never ever works.

Dunno how you're defining 'club music' but bands like Godflesh and Blut Aus Nord have managed to do it just fine.

That aside, the track with the machine gun shit is fucking awful even by the questionable standards of what I've heard from the more recent albums. Although despite loving The Codex Necro as a kid I never really enjoyed anything that followed so I guess I'm a poor judge of the band.
Ethylic Overkill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowersofevil wrote:
I was a fan of Total Fucking Necro, The Codex Necro, and When fires rain down.... but after that this band has been pretty much garbage and getting steadily worse.

QFT.
Their absurd mash up of overproduced grindcore, bad HxC and Emperor "IX equilibrium" era they play since "Domine non es dignus" is getting worse at each release.

Can't beleive they released NINE albums since The codex necro.
What a waste of plastic.
dAHMER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
As someone who enjoys most of their albums up through and including In the Constellation..., this is unbelievably bad.

Same. After "Eschaton" I feel like their albums got weaker but there were still good songs in the mix. This just sounds bad. Like cringe worthy bad.

Agreed that Mick has been listening to way too much hardcore and electronic. Even Dave sounds like he's losing his edge (or just getting lazy), which is sad because he's one of my favorite vocalists.

Cover is lame as fuck, too.
Vanitas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until and including "In the Constellation...", everything is great. Then they went south, but at least managed to keep some decency. These two new tracks are really bad, with "Forward!" being a total disaster. Metalcore sound, terrible gunshots effect and vocals that sound nothing like Dave. Just awful.

I'd like to see Mistress resurrected, but these AN songs and the latest Fukpig album are telling me that would a bad reunion.

P.S. "Paper Planes" is an awesome track and, if I recall well, someone in that video is wearing a Ride the Lightning shirt, which automatically adds another star to the final rating.
dAHMER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized I had only heard "Forward!" so I gave "Obscene as Cancer" a listen. It's definitely better than "Forward!" but still sounds like a filler track from one of the last two albums. That chorus is terrible, though. Wish Dave would give it up with those clean vocals.
Moonthorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Codex Necro is still a total masterpiece in my book, but I also like all the albums that followed it. Up until Desideratum, that is. I never bought The Whole of the Law and after hearing these two new sample songs I'm definitely not going to pick up the new one either. It seems this ship has sailed for me for good. But that's okay, the older albums still offer a heap of great tracks to listen to so I'll just stick to them.
lemegethon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
(That's a good track though).

Cringe
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised to see a thread about AN here. I'm a big fan of Eschaton, Hell is empty, Constellation, thats their golden era for sure. Passion has some great songs too. After that, its gone worse and worse.

Forward sounds like absolute metalcore garbage to me. Another song is more like usual AN but still, nothing special. In my opinion, they've lost their touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: