P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Batushka signs to Metal Blade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next hipster trend will be pizzas delivered in record mailers.
gk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking bizarre these guys are being talked about so much again lately. guess it's the tour they are on i assume?
Endsieg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingewolf wrote:

And as you have done, I've received LPs that were shipped in a brand new pizza box before. It turned out to be pretty good packaging, especially when ordering multiple LPs.

i'd be fine with that as well, just as long as the box doesn't contain a pizza and never has - seems perfect for double boxing!
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the first song they released and they had something interesting going on with the chanted vocals but I never got around to buying the album and, I must admit, I found the 500 editions of the LP and 600 t-shirts a bit off-putting. Listening to them here now for the first time in a while (Hellfest 2018 gig) and it sounds like the sort of thing I would have lost interest in fairly quickly. I'm not really interested in shitting on bands for gaining success, and yeah they are gimmicky but no more so than Cult of Fire or the multitude of faceless (in every sense of the word) Mgla clones that are mysterious and boring as fuck. I like Mgla, by the way.

Anyway, yeah... I'd watch their set if they were playing at a gig I was at at least until the novelty wore off which I think might not take that long as I find CoF boring as hell to watch. Too much standing around, not enough rocking out for me.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Monument wrote:
Anyway, yeah... I'd watch their set if they were playing at a gig I was at at least until the novelty wore off which I think might not take that long as I find CoF boring as hell to watch. Too much standing around, not enough rocking out for me.

Perfectly sums it up for me, I just checked them out a few days ago at Psycho Fest and got bored after 2 songs and left. People just seem to love this band though, their shirts sold like hot cakes afterward.

(unrelated but Enslaved were fucking amazing)
Bingewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frostjunkie wrote:
Kill Monument wrote:

Perfectly sums it up for me, I just checked them out a few days ago at Psycho Fest and got bored after 2 songs and left. People just seem to love this band though, their shirts sold like hot cakes afterward.

(unrelated but Enslaved were fucking amazing)

I was also at Psycho Fest... I thought the band was good. The takeaway from me is that they are really tight live. They sound like the record. I would say they are good live if you like the record - but if you think the record is boring, then you won't like the live show.

And totally agree on Enslaved. Didn't expect that many older songs on the setlist and they are just great live. Other highlights: WITTR, Integrity, Weedeater, Monolord, Uada, Spirit Adrift and The Hellacopters.

Back on topic, I'm interested to see what Batushka do next - has anyone heard about new album plans? I'm assuming they're close since they did this tour and announced the Metal Blade signing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingewolf wrote:
Back on topic, I'm interested to see what Batushka do next - has anyone heard about new album plans? I'm assuming they're close since they did this tour and announced the Metal Blade signing.

I have no idea, they will not waste the fame they achieved, without a single doubt their "new" album will be the exact same with new songs again, and will keep repeating as long as they stay active, it will be something to enjoy for a few weeks and then forget about it.

Unlike many people in here who will just keeo hammering them down for various reasons, be it due to the issues concerning Witching Hour, them signing up to a major label, becoming a hipster listening material and touring everywhere nonstop, I actually enjoyed the album back when it released, this is because I love the EO Christian visual and Orthodox BM in on itself, so I can be biased towards it.

Yes, it is good, but not a masterpiece that their catechumen fans hail it as one of the greatest releases in BM history.

I also forgot that I was the one who resurrected this dead thread, I apologize, we should have ignored the topic and let it be forgotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: