P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Corpsegrinder-era Cannibal Corpse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick your
Vile
30%
 30%  [ 28 ]
Gallery of Suicide
27%
 27%  [ 26 ]
Bloodthirst
24%
 24%  [ 23 ]
Gore Obsessed
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
The Wretched Spawn
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Evisceration Plague
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Torture
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 93

Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a live recording from June 1994 right after The Bleeding was released and they were touring for the album - pretty heavy with The Bleeding tracks ( 6 of the 14 tracks are from The Bleeding) but they did play Vomit the Soul - super intense
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Kvlt wrote:
I have a live recording from June 1994 right after The Bleeding was released and they were touring for the album - pretty heavy with The Bleeding tracks ( 6 of the 14 tracks are from The Bleeding) but they did play Vomit the Soul - super intense
I always thought Barens left more or less right after that album - and the only live versions were from before the recording of the bleeding!? Anyway this is the one I was talking about before : https://www.discogs.com/Cannibal-Corpse-Meat-Hook-Sodomy/release/3891096
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
I remember being in high school and listening to the early shit and being completely in awe because it was my love for horror movies come to life and the album covers, for their time, were fucking brutal. It was Tomb and Butchered for me, and the movie Dead Alive. The good days. And of course, Ace Ventura and that CC cameo.
Parents, teachers and the girl behind the counter at the local record shop all gave you "that" look - right? Yeah it became even better when I finally got my hands on a Butchered shirt. Hard core haha!
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:
I always thought Barens left more or less right after that album - and the only live versions were from before the recording of the bleeding!? Anyway this is the one I was talking about before : https://www.discogs.com/Cannibal-Corpse-Meat-Hook-Sodomy/release/3891096

nice

the recording I have is similar to this set list

https://www.discogs.com/Cannibal-Corpse-The-Unreleased-1994-Deathboard-Recording/release/5541789
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vile for me! One of my highschool soundtracks for shure! Still wear the longsleeve to this day!
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Kvlt wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:

nice

the recording I have is similar to this set list

https://www.discogs.com/Cannibal-Corpse-The-Unreleased-1994-Deathboard-Recording/release/5541789
EDIT : Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_s4wxAtq58 ... Oh yeah - I remember when that turned up. I like the cover - very good for a bootleg. A younger me would have been all over stuff like this - not Im just too old to get excited over that sort of thing. I just saw somebody on discogs were looking for the cd I linked - so ill try to get rid of it there. Funny enough I was never into live-recordings that much - I would much rather listen to a rehearsal...
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
I remember being in high school and listening to the early shit and being completely in awe because it was my love for horror movies come to life and the album covers, for their time, were fucking brutal. It was Tomb and Butchered for me, and the movie Dead Alive. The good days. And of course, Ace Ventura and that CC cameo.
Parents, teachers and the girl behind the counter at the local record shop all gave you "that" look - right? Yeah it became even better when I finally got my hands on a Butchered shirt. Hard core haha!

Add the Deicide 'Once Upon The Cross' for the strange looks you got at the record store. Now it's all accepted and no one bats an eye.
cochino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a soft spot for Gore Obssessed because it was my first CC album and one of the first DM albums I've ever heard, and got me into the genre.
However, I do agree that none of the material with him on vocals is even nearly as good as the stuff with Barnes. I don't really know how much Barnes actually had to do with it really, since I would rather listen to the shittiest CC album than anything Six Feet Under ever released.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:

Add the Deicide 'Once Upon The Cross' for the strange looks you got at the record store. Now it's all accepted and no one bats an eye.
Haha yeah that was a good one as well - however I had moved on to the Norwegian woods by that time. Tomb was another shirt - good for some stares. And in a way I understand it - I would take another look at a 14-15 year old in shirt with two corpses performing cunnilingus.

Last edited by PanzerGeneral on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
The Fallen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallery for me.
But I also love Bloodthirst, The Wretched Spawn and Evisceration Plague.

Favorite CC is Butchered.
Smegma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I've seen them live a few times with Corpsegrinder, I couldn't get into any of the albums after Barnes was gone. Too... 'generic'?

I thought The Bleeding was weak. It was like they were trying to sound more... 'accessible'?

CC love starts with Butchered and ends with Tomb.

(And sometimes I'm embarrassed to admit even that, when I look at what a retarded wigger Barnes looks like these days).
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smegma wrote:
Even though I've seen them live a few times with Corpsegrinder, I couldn't get into any of the albums after Barnes was gone. Too... 'generic'?

I thought The Bleeding was weak. It was like they were trying to sound more... 'accessible'?

CC love starts with Butchered and ends with Tomb.

(And sometimes I'm embarrassed to admit even that, when I look at what a retarded wigger Barnes looks like these days).
Bleeding is a typical 4th album for a metal band. Your right its a step down from the previous two. I never liked it much either - I fact I remember (quit clearly) being rather fucking disappointed by that album.
Smegma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Bleeding is a typical 4th album for a metal band. Your right its a step down from the previous two. I never liked it much either - I fact I remember (quit clearly) being rather fucking disappointed by that album.

I'll go one step further and say that 'Hammer Smashed' is the most overrated song of all time. I don't know why it gets so much attention (Ace Ventura maybe?) but other songs on Tomb that get way less noticed (like Beyond the Cemetery) are 100xs better.
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addicted To Vaginal Skin has one of the hardest riffs ever written
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Kvlt wrote:
Addicted To Vaginal Skin has one of the hardest riffs ever written

I like the intro even more! Classic stuff. Has it ever been mentioned what is the source for that? Police interview tapes perhaps?

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: