P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Creative age for writing music.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naekrospavvn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, VK was like 40 when the first Vassafor LP has been released?
MorbidAsshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read or heard somewhere that geniuses peak in their 30s, after they have enough time to develop skills and absorb the achievements of predecessors. Examples given were Jesus, Moses, Muhammed, other religious leaders. Any musical examples of this?
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:
I read or heard somewhere that geniuses peak in their 30s, after they have enough time to develop skills and absorb the achievements of predecessors. Examples given were Jesus, Moses, Muhammed, other religious leaders. Any musical examples of this?

Lemmy.
peopleface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:

There’s a theory called the 10 year rule for creativity or something like that. Basically creative people do not create their best offerings until they have been mastering their craft for 10 years and once reaching that point they begin their best output. This seemed to be the case for many classical composers

Some more info is in this article I just found
https://medium.com/@DavisKawalya/the-10-year-rule-of-creative-breakthroughs-throughout-history-2a7d502f51a9
cochino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of classic Heavy Metal bands have released great material even when some of their members were in their 40s, while that's rarely the case with more extreme bands.
I remember thinking about this when comparing Punk and Metal, and the theory I completely pulled out of my ass but seems to somehow make sense is that the music with roots on Rock N Roll is more ephemeral and visceral, while the one that has its roots on Blues is more "intellectual" and timeless. Even when you listen to the evolution of Punk bands, as they grew older they grew closer to Blues or Jazz, like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys and what Danzig has done after the Misfits.
I think most Extreme Metal is closer to Punk and therefore Rock N Roll, and that's why that youthful energy is such a crucial part of the sound. I remember interviewing Schirenc from Pungent Stench a while back and I told him that while his newer albums weren't a commercial sellout, and weren't even bad they certainly were missing something that kept them short of their classic material, and he said he agreed with that, and what was missing was that "fuck you" attitude (that's how he put it), which is something you can't fake or reproduce.
AK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think another factor is that you have more time when you're younger e.g. in your teens. Later in life you start having things like university studies, work, family, etc. take up more time. That certainly doesn't prevent making good releases but it does tend to slow them down.
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creative age bracket you speak of was only a thing before the millenial generation came of age.

When millenials started making music (the hipster age), younger musicians were just as much likely to be tryhard trendies as their older millenial peers were. For the most part.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:
The only genius of those 3 is Muhammed. Even though he was dyslexic he still managed to write the perfect book - with the total solution for every and all problem in life - and not even misspell one single word….
He Who Cuts Stone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any current bands made up of teens/eary 20s members that are worth a shit?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Who Cuts Stone wrote:
Are there any current bands made up of teens/eary 20s members that are worth a shit?

Ripper from Chile, it answers this entire thread from start to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0sf7eZcq2Y

They started the band and released their earliest material when they were about 14-16 IIRC.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Who Cuts Stone wrote:

Morgal (fin)
https://youtu.be/UaTUx7fqELw

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love music plaeyd by teens when they can't play their instruments properly, and lost interest in them when they developed their technical skills. First example that comes to my mind is Kreator.
Smaragd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
MorbidAsshole wrote:

Lemmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymPeblx1V4
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
I love music plaeyd by teens when they can't play their instruments properly, and lost interest in them when they developed their technical skills. First example that comes to my mind is Kreator.
Beherit. Holocausto also had a fine nose for finding younger members …
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yes, came here to post this

I'm also pretty sure the guys in Witchcraft are fairly young.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: