P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

new Svartidauūi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidecay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell Nokkvi had a huge influence on this band so naturally, you can hear a difference after his departure. Song is okay. To be honest, I can't stand hearing recordings from Studio Emissary - Stale recording that lack dynamics.

Last edited by voidecay on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satanjugend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song is brilliant, it it's anything to go by for me this will be a very strong contender for the BM album of the year.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Maybe a bit more stripped back than before but that's ok with me.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the song but I still have issues with the production, although it's not as bad as previous releases. It just sounds overproduced, individual instruments are somewhat hard to discern and things tend to blend together into a kind of "brittle" sound, particularly the drums, which are also too quiet. The production on their demos sound a lot better than the production on all their "proper" releases.
Wormvoice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muzpellsynir wrote:
Satanjugend wrote:
muzpellsynir wrote:
I don't think this band will ever top Flesh Cathedral. Disappointed.

They already did on The Synthesis..

Expecting a lot here.

Can't say I agree, Synthesis is great too though in it's own right. In fact I prefer Flesh Cathedral and Synthesis over anything new they have done. There was a lot of space and a good flow to the older material, this new stuff just sounds dull.

Same here, I will give the new one a shot but I feel their more recent material shows a sense of decline. Flesh Cathedral will not be topped, and while Venus Illegitima might be on par, the other side on Synthesis was not nearly as interesting.
morfumax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wormvoice wrote:
muzpellsynir wrote:
Satanjugend wrote:
muzpellsynir wrote:

Expecting a lot here.

Can't say I agree, Synthesis is great too though in it's own right. In fact I prefer Flesh Cathedral and Synthesis over anything new they have done. There was a lot of space and a good flow to the older material, this new stuff just sounds dull.

Same here, I will give the new one a shot but I feel their more recent material shows a sense of decline. Flesh Cathedral will not be topped, and while Venus Illegitima might be on par, the other side on Synthesis was not nearly as interesting.

Impotent Solar Phallus is better than Venus Illegitima imo. Those seeking Nokkviís sound know to listen to Zhrine. I feel this will be a proper progression in terms of debut to sophomore album.

13 wrote:
what
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidecay wrote:
You can tell Nokkvi had a huge influence on this band so naturally, you can hear a difference after his departure. Song is okay. To be honest, I can't stand hearing recordings from Studio Emissary - Stale recording that lack dynamics.

really?

I know I'm barking in the wrong topic, but Tabernaculum stands above and beyond just about every flea on the hype beast...
NECROSLUT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't stopped listening to this since I got it. Blows my mind every fucking time. Kudos, Iceland.
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
I like the song but I still have issues with the production, although it's not as bad as previous releases. It just sounds overproduced, individual instruments are somewhat hard to discern and things tend to blend together into a kind of "brittle" sound, particularly the drums, which are also too quiet. The production on their demos sound a lot better than the production on all their "proper" releases.

I'm also having issues with the production but due different reasons. For instance, guitars are a bit low in the mix and the reverb on vocals is absurdly strong, drowning everything once vocals kicks in. Drums are fine, if not a bit above everything else on the mix, but the bass drum lacks definition. Ride cymbal is a bit high in the mix as well.

Otherwise, the music is very good.
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome new song! These guys have the feeling for making weird yet catchy songs - for me they are one of the few bands in this ''disonant'' black metal style with actual good songwriting. Judging by this song alone, I already know the album will DELIVER BIG TIME!

I don't know what's with all the ''production/sound'' talk - are you all sound engineers/producers and that's just your profesional deformity Laughing The sound is pure Svartidaudi-style, cleaner or rawer, mixed this way or that way does not change the Song. This band is experienced enough to deliver Svartidaudi experience every time, no matter the production/mixing changes.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfumax wrote:
Wormvoice wrote:
muzpellsynir wrote:
Satanjugend wrote:
muzpellsynir wrote:

Expecting a lot here.

Impotent Solar Phallus is better than Venus Illegitima imo. Those seeking Nokkviís sound know to listen to Zhrine. I feel this will be a proper progression in terms of debut to sophomore album.
Yeah I love Impotent Solar Phallus, particularly this part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuO4Flle5A#t=3m22s but unfortunately the riff sounds a bit brittle on the studio recording. Contrast with this live recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlIVSQT6Qak#t=3m54s the riff played by the 2nd guitar has more cutting power
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfumax wrote:
Those seeking Nokkviís sound know to listen to Zhrine. I feel this will be a proper progression in terms of debut to sophomore album.

Holy shit, this is fucking incredible! Thanks for the rec!
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Zhrine's full length also suffers from some of the same production issues IMO.
morfumax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
morfumax wrote:
Those seeking Nokkviís sound know to listen to Zhrine. I feel this will be a proper progression in terms of debut to sophomore album.

Yep, no problem. Itís one of my favorite recordings, and itís power hasnít diminished over the years. Iím sure that lots of people donít mention it because of the lack of occult imagery and themes, but itís an amazing album and if nothing, definitely a showcase of how much of an influence Nokkvi had on the Icelandic scene.

13 wrote:
what
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
Oh, Zhrine's full length also suffers from some of the same production issues IMO.

I'm listening to it and sounds far more balanced IMO. The mix is definitely better.

morfumax wrote:
deveneror wrote:
morfumax wrote:

Yep, no problem. Itís one of my favorite recordings, and itís power hasnít diminished over the years. Iím sure that lots of people donít mention it because of the lack of occult imagery and themes, but itís an amazing album and if nothing, definitely a showcase of how much of an influence Nokkvi had on the Icelandic scene.

This sounds far better than the Svartidaudi track so far. The atmosphere is magnificent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: