P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The True Mayhem Worship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

"We only sign bands that represent pure EVIL"
Deathcrush
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Live in Leipzig
12%
 12%  [ 13 ]
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
The Dawn of the Black Hearts
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Out from the Dark
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Wolf's Lair Abyss
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Grand Declaration of War
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Chimera
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Ordo ad Chao
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Esoteric Warfare
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 103

hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't heard anything after Wolf's Lair Abyss. DMDS has it's place and Deathcrush is good Sodom worship.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to AGDoW the other day, following the remix/master thread. It's actually really fucking good, which surprised me as I always thought it was sub-par.

Vote for DMDS because it's just brilliant. I don't think there'll be even a two-horse race.
Hørus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic Death Call wrote:
deveneror wrote:
Voted Chimera, just because is the Mayhem album I've been listening the most lately. DMDS should win this with no contest.

I feel like Chimera is overlooked by a mile. Some of their best work IMO. Obviously nothing can live up to DMDS, but Chimera is excellent.

Yes. Amazing album.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The True Mayhem Worship Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
1981 wrote:
In over 12 years of the NWN! Forum's existance, there has been no general Mayhem poll created

Please explain why the lack of existence of a poll is reason enough to start a poll?

You are sort of right, I should not have put on the poll option, since this is supposed to be like the Blasphemy and Beherit nerdism threads, but anyways, I decided to add in the poll option since there has been no general Mayhem poll, only Best post-Euronymous, Maniac era, etc, I wanted to see what people think of their entire discography.

Plus, I decided to add useful links there as well.

And now, some bands have a discography that is so massive that it it not possible to add in a single poll (Maiden, Sabbath, list goes on).
Fantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Mayhem be the „AC/DC of black metal“, because they have a dead vocalist? because in terms of productivity and consistency they are the anti-thesis to AC/DC.

Last edited by Fantom on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
heavyR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The True Mayhem Worship Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
heavyR wrote:
1981 wrote:
In over 12 years of the NWN! Forum's existance, there has been no general Mayhem poll created

Please explain why the lack of existence of a poll is reason enough to start a poll?

Please explain why do you care about it so much?

First off, I don't care that much. I'm working from home today and while taking a break from the grind I browsed recent topics.

To answer your actual question, because I've frequented this forum since 2008 or so and in all that time there has not been so much poll creating as in the last year. I'd like for someone who finds the desire to put these things together to justify why each band needs a poll. Especially for a band like Mayhem, who will obviously have DMDS win. Most people who vote for other albums are just giving them a vote to either be contrarian or because they have poor taste in black metal or nostalgia reasons, etc.

I could see the merits of a poll for one of the early "greats" like Darkthrone or someone with more than one landmark album, but this just feels like creating a poll to create a poll. I felt like the threads regarding the early Mayhem concerts, Zeitz, etc., were all far more interesting and insightful and some actual reporting and research was featured there (such as Live in Leipzig being slowed down/sped up, can't recall which off the top of my head).

You all can enjoy your Poll threads as much as you wanted, but I was just curious for the original poster's justification.

I should throw in I'm getting into my early 30s and having a very "get off my lawn" reaction to younger metal fans now that I've been into this crap for half my life. I'm sure that's natural and has happened to plenty, and when I was 24 and attending shows I likely resembled some of the people I'm a bit frustrated by. I feel that some of the recent postings on the forum are from this new breed of people that were able to jump from Trivium or whatever metalcore crap, to Watain, and all the way up to Bekëth Nexëhmü in an afternoon because of Youtube recommendations.
heavyR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The True Mayhem Worship Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
heavyR wrote:
1981 wrote:

You are sort of right, I should not have put on the poll option, since this is supposed to be like the Blasphemy and Beherit nerdism threads, but anyways, I decided to add in the poll option since there has been no general Mayhem poll, only Best post-Euronymous, Maniac era, etc, I wanted to see what people think of their entire discography.

Plus, I decided to add useful links there as well.

And now, some bands have a discography that is so massive that it it not possible to add in a single poll (Maiden, Sabbath, list goes on).

Makes sense.

BTW, the AOD remix/remasters of Out of the Dark, etc., are the best Dead material besides the two studio tracks. Everyone should seek out his BlackTracks74 blog.
Vanitas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf's Lair Abyss

I prefer Maniac over Dead and Attila.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic Death Call wrote:
deveneror wrote:
Voted Chimera, just because is the Mayhem album I've been listening the most lately. DMDS should win this with no contest.

I feel like Chimera is overlooked by a mile. Some of their best work IMO. Obviously nothing can live up to DMDS, but Chimera is excellent.

Chimera is a fucking wicked album. Grand Declaration of War is really good too, or at least the start of it... as it begins to near its end there are parts that feel like its dragging something out for lack of better ideas or something? ...the first half of the album is always enjoyed and then somewhere in the end segment I just turn it off.

All in all the band had turned out a pretty solid discography in my opinion. Love them or hate them, they have not been shy at doing different things. Never know what to expect when the word comes that a new album is on the horizon.
zed085

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratoni wrote:
Death Kvlt wrote:
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is the greatest black metal album ever written

I would agree.

+1.

And DMDS Alive is one of the greatest gigs I've ever attended.
VoKu HiLa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard anything past DMDS. Very Happy
maco097

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can give my thoughts in every Mayhem release:

Deathcrush: Average, didn't age well

Live In Lepzig: Never listened to the thing in full, never cared that much about Dead since Maniac and Attila are better vocalists.

DMDS: Great album with awesome riffs, my first black metal album also.

Wolf's Lair Abyss: Average

GDOW: Awesome

Chimera: Quite boring and overrated, it wasn't as experimental or interesting as the album that came before and after.

OAC: Their masterpiece

EW: Very good.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite obviously DMDS is their best and most important work.

Deathcrush will always be special to me though, first genuinely extreme music I heard. Deathcrush and Chainsaw Gutsfuck were also the first songs I learned on bass when I was 11 years old. Smile

Anything post DMDS is boring compared to anything before. Wolfs Lair Abyss is ok but I haven't listened to it for something like 10 years.
skurk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordo ad Chao
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Pure Fucking Armageddon option in the poll? Laughing

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: