P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

GOATLORD “Reflections of the Solstice” CD Out Now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: GOATLORD “Reflections of the Solstice” CD Out Now Reply with quote

GOATLORD “Reflections of the Solstice” CD + Poster
ANTI-GOTH 054

The classic 1991 debut, and only album, from the infamous Las Vegas black death doom band Goatlord is finally available again on CD format again. Blackened death doom metal released by Turbo/JLAmerica back in 1992 and originally released as ‘’Reflections of the Solstice'’ by Turbo Germany in ‘91. This 2007 repress contains the JL America version of the mix and contains two bonus tracks Voodoo Mass and Chicken Dance (European mix) plus a fold out poster containing all lyrics. Features guest backing vocals by Mitch Harris (Napalm Death) on three songs. Taking influences from Bathory (vocals) and Hellhammer (doom), Goatlord created some of the most cult recording on this album.

Labels email me for trades.

Still available...

GOATLORD “The Last Sodomy of Mary” CD
ANTI-GOTH 057

The last nail in the coffin for Goatlord. Old rehearsals of what was supposed to become the second full length album for these Las Vegas black doom freaks.

Song notes from Joe Frankulin:

I. Gargoyle King - Intended for the next release of Goatlord that never came out. This was the first song we wrote after our West Coast tour we did with Excruciating Pain. Chris Gans is on vocals.
II. Strange Burial - Another new track that was intended for the next release that never came out. It’s probably one of our fastest songs.
III. Gutaba - Intended for the next release of Goatlord that never came out. This song I think is one of my favorites. Chris Gans is on vocals.
IV. Tribe of the Moon - Another new track that was intended for the next release that never came out. This song was a little different style for us. But we kept it anyway.
V. Slayed Necros - Sacrifice - Ok…I’ll explain who Slayed Necros is. I wasn’t able to come to practice one day with the band. Jeff and Ace were already there, along with Glen Bonner from Doom Snake Cult. Since they were all there, and set up…And also, stoned like hell…They decided just to play some shit. All Glen had there was an acoustic guitar. So he miked it through a distortion pedal and within an hour this song was formed. This version is the first recorded version of this song. And it was recorded within an hour or two of it being written. We then gave it to this local metal show out here in Vegas. And they played it that night.
VI. Unholy Black Slut (First ever recording - First time on radio) - I think this was the first song Goatlord ever written. And I believe it was written 2 or 3 weeks after we became a band. We didn’t have a bassist at the time either. Our friend had his own metal show at UNLV. So he said he’d play it for us on the air…This song is really raw sounding…
VII. The Black Cloth - Another new track that was intended for the next release that never came out. At the time this song was written (music), we didn’t have any lyrics for it. So we just recorded it down so we wouldn’t forget it.
VIII. Black Pools of Darkness (Instrumental) - Intended for the next release of Goatlord that never came out. I think we had lyrics for this song, but just never got around to putting them down.
IX. Stygian Void - Another new track that was intended for the next release that never came out. Nothing more to say…

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatlord/Joe Frankulin is available for interviews. Please note that the address in the Reflections CD repress is incorrect. Please make sure to write to him at this address only:

goatmetal@cox.net

Joe Frankulin
7273 Hardtack Cir.
Las Vegas, NV 89119

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new cd fucking kills. Great riffs, great vocals, great production. Hopefully some shirts soon???????
duff138

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up both, really liking them.

How's the Best of/Compilation, From Beyond Productions?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The double CD on From Beyond is actually their two demos from the 80's plus a rehearsal. That's actually their best material, especially the Sodomize the Goat demo. I am working with the band now to reissue that stuff again for the US market.

luisifer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any pics of the layout for these CDs?

Yosuke can you check your PM. I want to place another order but I need to hear from you.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Luis,

I just emailed you back regarding the damaged parcel. I always pack using those Priority Mail boxes and never really had any issues with them until now. Unfortunately I don't have any extra WFG jackets here. Can you try to sell your damaged copy on Ebay for $15?

No layouts for these CDs are available. The vinyl will have much better layout anyway.

Yosuke

luisifer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why I should sell it for $15 if it cost me $25... Am I missing something?

Yes it was in the Priority Mail long box with some crumpled envelopes inside as padding. The box was not crushed.

I can post pics of the damaged jacket/booklet as well as the uncrushed box if necessary.

As for the Goatlord thanks for info guess I will wait for vinyl version. Been listening to the JLA cd here so was wondering if I should get the re-issue cd.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant you sell it for $15 and you give me that money for another copy of the WFG DLP. This way neither of us lose money. Those WFG DLPs cost about that much to press.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I don't really see how the DLP could've gotten damaged if the box was not damaged. I pad the top and bottom with tyvek bags so there is buffer zone on both ends of the box. The only way you could damage the jacket is by crushing the box. Unless the jacket was already damaged before it was sent, which is probably what happened.

duff138

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisifer wrote:
I don't understand why I should sell it for $15 if it cost me $25... Am I missing something?

Yes it was in the Priority Mail long box with some crumpled envelopes inside as padding. The box was not crushed.

I can post pics of the damaged jacket/booklet as well as the uncrushed box if necessary.

As for the Goatlord thanks for info guess I will wait for vinyl version. Been listening to the JLA cd here so was wondering if I should get the re-issue cd.

I'd take it off your hands for $15

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
The double CD on From Beyond is actually their two demos from the 80's plus a rehearsal. That's actually their best material, especially the Sodomize the Goat demo. I am working with the band now to reissue that stuff again for the US market.

Any progress on this?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'll end up doing that. It's not high on my to do list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: