P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Thoughts on Forgotten Woods - The Curse of Mankind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTBRex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An album as flawless as the entire back catalogue of No Colours Records in that time (1994 - 1997), I'd say. Why did they and FW have a falling out, anyway? Does anyone know?
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
An album as flawless as the entire back catalogue of No Colours Records in that time (1994 - 1997), I'd say. Why did they and FW have a falling out, anyway? Does anyone know?

Isn't there "sieg heil" in Race of Cain lyrics? Propably one reason why NC did not release it. But I also remember FW interview in Gallery of the Grotesque where the band say NC was unreliable.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Band considers later reissues of ATWG and The Curse.. (and possibly Sjel Av Natten) as bootlegs as well.

They fucked up the tracklist of ATWG on one of those reissues. Managed to turn 'Valleys' (from the track 'Through Dark And Forgotten Valleys') in 'VALLYS'.
M.L.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:

Interview with Rune from Bardo Methodology wrote:
I read how the inclusion of a song called “Third Eye (New Creature)” led to the severance of FORGOTTEN WOODS’ multi-year collaboration with German underground label No Colours Records.

– Indeed, something about a couple of sentences rubbing them the wrong way. I offered them detailed explanations but Germans are so sensitive. Dealing with labels was always Olav‘s responsibility – I had very little to do with them since the beginning, it would only have frustrated me. This was not the first issue we had with No Colours, but it was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Fortunately, they had taken special care pertaining to certain aspects of their contract.

– The financial arrangement, which was somewhat dubious to put it mildly, we could overlook for the most part. What actually mattered, to me anyway, was having one hundred percent artistic control and always retaining the rights to our material. This was always non-negotiable.

The composition in question features a clearly audible phrase that, unless one actually reads the lyric, could potentially cause some alarm since its utterance is punishable by jail-time in several European countries.

– I thought nothing of it – business as usual to me. No Colours didn’t care so much for it however. I suppose I could have understood their objections in theory, had it not been for the blatant double standards. A label with several openly right-wing bands on their roster should not clamp down on lyrics essentially proclaiming the exact opposite, despite imagery used.

Full interview here: http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2017/04/27/forgotten-woods-interview/
chambord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since starting this thread I haven't tired of Curse of Mankind one bit, been playing it more than anything else. Yosuke, diehard version w/ original CD coverart would make a lot of people happy. The feeling I get from this album is unlike anything else in black metal. Cruelly overlooked.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this : https://www.atmf.net/forgotten-woods-sjel-av-natten-as-the-wolves-gather-gatefold-lp/
I think The Curse Of Mankind will be next. Probably my most favourite FW album as well!
Swampmort

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyless - whitout support album is freaking good too haha.
kvltivation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
After this : https://www.atmf.net/forgotten-woods-sjel-av-natten-as-the-wolves-gather-gatefold-lp/
I think The Curse Of Mankind will be next. Probably my most favourite FW album as well!

What I really want is Race of Cain on vinyl. Excited for these though, I don't have As the Wolves Gather. Interesting that these are getting reissued. No Colours still has ATWG in stock.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice. I somehow still don't have Sjel Av Natten and I wouldn't mind replacing my copy of ATWG with a better one, will keep an eye out for sure.

This thread made me revisit both ATWG and The Curse Of Mankind quite a bit over the past few weeks, both records aged very well!

Didn't particularly like Race Of Cain but it's been a long time since I actually played it. Really wonder if there's ever gonna be any new FW / Joyless material.
Auld Grey Heid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
For those who do not know - ATMF have released Joyless' Unlimited Hate on CD

Did not know that - thanks for the heads up!
Ough

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even checked out Joyless before this thread. What a ... joy ... for me to jam these albums now!
JDC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to this band and Joyless for the first time these past two days. Oddly based on my usual tastes, I like Race of Cain and the Joyless albums the best. Race of Cain is pretty unique to me
TimeGhould

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best BM albums without a doubt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: