P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Reinkaos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Masterpiece or not
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 121 ]
No
49%
 49%  [ 120 ]
Total Votes : 241

GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CranialEngorge wrote:
Hard Candy Cock wrote:
I bet most of you suckers wouldn't give this shit album the time of day if it didn't have the name Dissection stamped on it.

That's an asinine remark. If the album wasn't made by Dissection, it wouldn't sound like it does, and then we are talking about an entirely different album. So maybe a lot less people would listen to it, but so what? it's a Dissection album, it has their mark. What you said, is like saying no one would listen to Filosofem if it wasn't made by Varg, and who else could make an album like that? both these albums are unique.

You're missing his point. He didn't say anything about the actual musicians on the album, just the effect of calling it a Dissection album. You can't possibly deny that some give this album more of a look than they would otherwise out of respect for the band name.
Manta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard Candy Cock wrote:
I bet most of you suckers wouldn't give this shit album the time of day if it didn't have the name Dissection stamped on it.

Partially right, because while it will get a second chance or praise by being a Dissection record, it also gets a lot of shit because it is a Dissection record (and sounds nothing like the two previous full lengths).

So in reality the perception on this piece of music could just go both ways.

Personally, this is my go-to Dissection record as of late. Full of excellent hard-rock, heavy bluesy guitar licks, delivered along with diabolic/satanic imagery and lyrics. Makes for a more than competent, finely executed change of pace.

The production could have been better. My only complaint. Should have kept it old school.
blacknuclearhellstorm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manta wrote:
Should have kept it old school.

CranialEngorge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
CranialEngorge wrote:
Hard Candy Cock wrote:

That's an asinine remark. If the album wasn't made by Dissection, it wouldn't sound like it does, and then we are talking about an entirely different album. So maybe a lot less people would listen to it, but so what? it's a Dissection album, it has their mark. What you said, is like saying no one would listen to Filosofem if it wasn't made by Varg, and who else could make an album like that? both these albums are unique.

You're missing his point. He didn't say anything about the actual musicians on the album, just the effect of calling it a Dissection album. You can't possibly deny that some give this album more of a look than they would otherwise out of respect for the band name.

I understood his point completely, and I don't believe it true. I've known a few other people that have listened to Dissection and they preffered Reinkaos to the earlier albums. So, it depends on who you talk to, but in my experience, people judge the album on its own merit, and don't simply give it bonus points because it is a Dissection album.

In my own opinion, it is a solid album and has a lot of hooks, plus the lyrics are fairly damn solid. So yeah, I think it's a pretty great album. I can't listen to the old shit every time, I do like listening to bands newer stuff too.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacknuclearhellstorm wrote:
Manta wrote:

what does that mean though? don't think they ever kept it oldschool, they did their own thing.

but i agree that the previous albums are better but it's a + from me doing your own thing, especially when you think black metal is filled to the brim with posers and don't wanna be part of it.
Manta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
blacknuclearhellstorm wrote:
Manta wrote:

what does that mean though? don't think they ever kept it oldschool, they did their own thing.

I was referring to the production.

The production on Reinkaos has this modern melodeath touch that gives dumb fucks with poor criteria the illusion that the record is influenced by In Flames (or some stupid shit like that). Despite the music having killer nods to heavy metal and being littered with tight guitar licks. For example the beginning of Black Dragon with that tasty guitar job. The album is full of this. An older style production would have made it all sound much better (plus changed the perception for the dumbasses, no doubt).

Though the album is excellent, regardless. Twisted Evil
TheDark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total masterpiece like their other two albums. Reinkaos is the culmination of everything Jon ever set out to create and it is the most focused album of his life. I still listen to it every day.
Let the pain always stay with you
Climbatize311

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was actually just discussing with my friends the other week. Have always liked the album but itís a grower for sure and now I count it as one of my favorites. Itís infinitely listenable.
Ozzy75

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard Candy Cock wrote:

True. It's the only reason I revisit it once in a while. There's some moments that make me cringe and the rest I think is just alright. Maybe one day it'll click. Maybe not. IDGAF.
Manta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone willing to sale their CD version of this album? I'll gladly purchase it from you.
chambord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the Dissection name, this album would be a bargain bin mainstay. Hard to believe it's the same songwriter who put out the first two (masterpiece) albums. Some people just aren't the same after prison, they can't handle that level of trauma and detachment. RIP Jon, the first two albums will live forever. Fucking incredible atmosphere they evoke. Reinkaos doesn't exist in my mind.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chambord wrote:
Without the Dissection name, this album would be a bargain bin mainstay. Hard to believe it's the same songwriter who put out the first two (masterpiece) albums. Some people just aren't the same after prison, they can't handle that level of trauma and detachment. RIP Jon, the first two albums will live forever. Fucking incredible atmosphere they evoke. Reinkaos doesn't exist in my mind.

Get over yourself.
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give this album a go once a year and it just never sticks. I liked Maha Kali when I was going through an In Flames phase but I canít for the life of me remember any of the other songs on the album. Weird to see it selling for more than $10 nowadays.
Karlskrone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible album, fan of the first two.
The Fallen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
I give this album a go once a year and it just never sticks.

Same here, maybe one day... There are may great parts, but equally as much parts that ruin it for me. The lead playing is tasteful and great throughout though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: