P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

GoatowaRex (August Batch: Fever Nest)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there'd be a traffic monitor for Dani's store, then I'd like to see a screenshot for the moment he dropped his new batch online. Last time I've heard of a webstore crashing (in our small scene, that is) was when Terratur sold a new batch of releases a few years back.
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
JustCallMeBill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1916 wrote:
Into The Wire wrote:
The D666 DLP was removed from my cart, but when I looked at my order confirmation and my paypal receipt the DLP was still there. I'll just wait and see. Happy to have the Nocturnal Triumph.

I paid for two grudom(one for a mate) along with other stuff , then got a update email with just 1 in it!! But i paid for two as well as extra shipping!! This happen to anyone else?

I've had orders reduced in the past due to demand & limited stock, on stuff nowhere near as popular as yesterdays releases, Dani was quick to resolve the overpayment tho' when my order arrived short. Not sure if Store Envy allows it but if they're gonna persist in pressing daft quantities of only 100/200 copies then '1 per customer' needs to be applied
ghaaroth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Last time I've heard of a webstore crashing (in our small scene, that is) was when Terratur sold a new batch of releases a few years back.

Nah, it used to happen regularly with e.g. Black Gangrene or Signal rex whenever anything PH-related was out. Rolling Eyes
Vapula

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the first two Dravaza releases where done by Terratur the 12" and 7" that was a nightmare but switching over to Van seems to have done the trick. I am sure the rush was huge when the Mare LP was released last year and nobody seemed to have issues.

I think this particular event is probably the worst it has been and will be due to the release being not only a Destroyer 666 LP but after Unchain the Wolves it is the most sought after release.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
When the first two Dravaza releases where done by Terratur the 12" and 7" that was a nightmare but switching over to Van seems to have done the trick. I am sure the rush was huge when the Mare LP was released last year and nobody seemed to have issues.

Yeah, it clearly is related to server capacities. Storenvy or Bigcartel might just not be suited for dealing with hundreds of ppl frequenting the same store page all at once.
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
absinthe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to say $25-40 per LP is extortion and then the additional $2 handling fee is just a slap across the face.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absinthe wrote:
I've got to say $25-40 per LP is extortion and then the additional $2 handling fee is just a slap across the face.

And yet clearly more than enough people are okay with paying it... so what do you really do?
Can't say I really blame any label for doing what they can to sell their wares to the more than willing to buy it.

The whole way this works is so routine now that its become a novelty joke to fret over it anymore. ...simply buy something else from someone else.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absinthe wrote:

Extortion.

Lmao
Endsieg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absinthe wrote:

pressing only 100 copies of a record with extensive artwork will get you close to 20$ per copy if lets say only 10 free copies go to the band, not including any financial payment. calling this extortion is ridiculous.
eothios

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only picked up one LP from Goatowarex thus far and i was very impressed with the quality. The materials used to manufacture are superior to most lps you are going to buy these days. Certainly didn't feel ripped off or extorted in any way. I've got another on the way that I paid quite a bit for but i had no problem paying it and have no doubt will be worth every penny.
JustCallMeBill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endsieg wrote:
absinthe wrote:

pressing only 100 copies of a record with extensive artwork will get you close to 20$ per copy if lets say only 10 free copies go to the band, not including any financial payment. calling this extortion is ridiculous.

Given that the bulk of the shit peddled on RSD is north of $35/40 & idiots still lap it up I'd say Goatowarex prices were OK, the $3.99 handling charge though ?
Crasse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
absinthe wrote:

And yet clearly more than enough people are okay with paying it...

Lets be honest, it's not being okay with paying it, they just know they can easily put it on discogs for double or triple the price.
bartwa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eothios wrote:
I've only picked up one LP from Goatowarex thus far and i was very impressed with the quality. The materials used to manufacture are superior to most lps you are going to buy these days.

Jacket's for Seelenmorast and Black Mass were rather flimsy.
eothios

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartwa wrote:
eothios wrote:
I've only picked up one LP from Goatowarex thus far and i was very impressed with the quality. The materials used to manufacture are superior to most lps you are going to buy these days.

Jacket's for Seelenmorast and Black Mass were rather flimsy.

Oh yeah?, I was referring to the Kommodus LP. That one is very weighty.
absinthe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all these records limited to 100? Many aren't suggested to be, but if that's what you have yourself to justify paying a premium then, be my guest. The difference in production cost between 100 and 200 is considerable, not to mention that without requiring a master, you're saving a chunk up front. The guaranteed high resale value is undoubtedly a factor in the pricing of the records and surely also serves encourage hesitant buyers, so I feel as though the records are certainly priced to guarantee a return and that the service charge per record must just be gravy. Anyways, admittedly this is my first time purchasing anything he's produced, so here's hoping I'm blown away by quality across the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 36 of 66

Jump to: