P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Reinkaos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Masterpiece or not
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 121 ]
No
49%
 49%  [ 120 ]
Total Votes : 241

Marlboro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterpiece and so is their full discography. Production could have been better though.
And I think I 've said it before but this album needs to be experienced under certain circumstances to be fully understood,
did not like it when it first came out, took some certain amount of years latter to "activate".
chambord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
chambord wrote:
Without the Dissection name, this album would be a bargain bin mainstay. Hard to believe it's the same songwriter who put out the first two (masterpiece) albums. Some people just aren't the same after prison, they can't handle that level of trauma and detachment. RIP Jon, the first two albums will live forever. Fucking incredible atmosphere they evoke. Reinkaos doesn't exist in my mind.

Get over yourself.

Didn't realize not liking Reinkaos was a statement of self grandiosity, but okie dokie.
StuartL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring cock rock album with Watain/Deathstars wankers on it.
Baron Death

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reinkaos Reply with quote

Garbage album. Huge let down.
Spektrale_Schattenlichter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartL wrote:

Straight to the signature material.
flowersofevil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chambord wrote:
Without the Dissection name, this album would be a bargain bin mainstay. Hard to believe it's the same songwriter who put out the first two (masterpiece) albums. Some people just aren't the same after prison, they can't handle that level of trauma and detachment. RIP Jon, the first two albums will live forever. Fucking incredible atmosphere they evoke. Reinkaos doesn't exist in my mind.

It's funny. I always thought the exact opposite. If this was released under a different name I think a lot of the haters would like this record. There are so many people here that feel like this album soiled Dissections legacy just because it sounds unlike their other albums.

This album sends actual chills down my spine when I listen to it. I agree with those here who call it a masterpiece.
morfumax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowersofevil wrote:
chambord wrote:

It's funny. I always thought the exact opposite. If this was released under a different name I think a lot of the haters would like this record. There are so many people here that feel like this album soiled Dissections legacy just because it sounds unlike their other albums.

This album sends actual chills down my spine when I listen to it. I agree with those here who call it a masterpiece.

Itís one of the few albums that sends chills down my spine as well.

13 wrote:
what
mushroomleg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís an album that always gets played in full cause I forget how good it is.
gojko88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartL wrote:

This. Subpar heavy metal passed off as deeply spiritual stuff.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However you feel about the album, it has to amuse everyone how butthurt the fanboys get when anyone bashes it, like their entire earthly existence has been insulted or something.
Gehinnom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was destined to end up like this - Reinkaos is a very devisive album. Itís either a masterpiece or total garbage depending on who you ask. I personally think itís stellar, but can completely understand why itís not going to appeal to everyone.
nc666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll results are concerning. Wow, this album sure was some basic-ass pop metal and I'm not going to let some nice melodies and a big band name fool me. The production alone gives the album an auto-zero from me, way over-produced protools metal. And that drumming has got to be some of the most boring drumming I've heard on a metal album. That's the kind of drumming a paranoid egomaniacal lead singer/guitarist wants on their album in a desperate attempt to not take any attention whatsoever away from their oh-so-precious singing and riffing (not saying he's like that, just saying that's the impression the drumming gives off).
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a narrative album and it's incredibly well crafted. The harmonic and melodic approach is flawless.

If Jon wanted, he could have surpassed Storm using the basic layers of this album, playing them in a black/death metal style with tremolo riffs and fast drumming. The solos are easily his best in all Dissection albums. Maha Kali is supreme.

It's up to taste, but Reinkaos can't be considered "garbage", given the obvious well thought songwriting it features.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: