P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent movies you watched/bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 838, 839, 840 ... 865, 866, 867  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jewdozer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First episode of Too Old to Die Young. Of course its self indulgant, that's what I love about his recent work! Pounding synthwave music, neon lighting completely washing out every night scene and the most dramatic pauses in completely normal conversations. It's fantastic and I'm stoked to binge the rest over the weekend.

Strigoi wrote:
i remember social help in Denmark just give him money to eat hot dogs!
chunks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm w/ you, brother. I'm all in on TOTDY! I watched a talk w/ him and Miles Teller at Cannes and it gave a good insight into what to expect... He's a warrior on the edge of time/cinema, I like how the wildman went w/ a 30min final ep. Who does that shit? He also goes to see Jodorowsky before shooting anything Shocked
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking with Dinosaurs - The Ballad of Big Al -
Documentry about an Allosaurus.

Chernobyl
Would definitly watch this again, it's a very interesting and atmospheric drama, it's rivals Alien (1979) for existential creepyness, which is a rare thing. Ironically in the end one is left with the impression that Russians did an amazing job with the cleanup.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre -
Good to see the original, this is a lot more gritty and serious than 2, 3 & 4, Leatherface sure gets a lot of exercise in this one.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE! AND I BRING YOU... this Jake Gyllenhaal movie.

Jake Gyllenhaal plays a double role in Enemy, one a history teacher and the other one a yet to be successful actor. Jake Gyllenhaal leads a safe life of repetition where he alternates between his work as a teacher and meeting up with his girlfriend. He carries on but seems bored and trapped, humourless and waiting to die, which is a pretty good life if you ask me, but then someone recommends him a movie. Jake Gyllenhaal sees his perfect doppelganger in this movie and becomes obsessed with what he saw.

When looking up the information about his clone, Jake Gyllenhaal becomes increasingly convinced that this is not a mere lookalike he has seen, this is an exact replica of Jake Gyllenhaal. A quest for Jake Gyllenhaal's contact information begins and Jake Gyllenhaal is soon calling Jake Gyllenhaal about a meeting. It doesn't go well because Jake Gyllenhaal has trouble trying to tell Jake Gyllenhaal that they look and sound the same without seeming like a loopy stalker. The first time Jake Gyllenhaal calls Jake Gyllenhaal the phone is picked up by Jake Gyllenhaal's wife, and even she mistakes Jake Gyllenhaal for Jake Gyllenhaal, not to mention the security guard at the agency where Jake Gyllenhaal goes looking for Jake Gyllenhaal - he thinks Jake Gyllenhaal is Jake Gyllenhaal too. Of course Jake Gyllenhaal plays it cool and pretends to be Jake Gyllenhaal with the very limited amount of information he has about Jake Gyllenhaal's life. But if you look and sound this much like Jake Gyllenhaal you can pull any shit off you like, people would merely think that oh that Jake Gyllenhaal, he's been drinking again and he's also rehearsing for a role in Donnie Darko II - The Reckoning, never breaking character. Classic Jake Gyllenhaal.

The life of Jake Gyllenhaal is different from Jake Gyllenhaal's, but has similarities. They both share an apartment with a woman, but Jake Gyllenhaal is more vivid, spontaneous and outgoing. Jake Gyllenhaal's pregnant wife suspects that maybe the calls Jake Gyllenhaal is getting are a sign of infidelity, but Jake Gyllenhaal tells her no, it's a man. Jake Gyllenhaal, that does not rule out infidelity. Maybe you have something to share, Jake Gyllenhaal? Jake Gyllenhaal needs to make it clear that he's not cheating on his wife, but does a poor job and tells her wife to get real, essentially. Jake Gyllenhaal's interest is sparked and he looks up Jake Gyllenhaal as Jake Gyllenhaal looked up Jake Gyllenhaal, but his wife wants to know what this Jake Gyllenhaal thing is as well, so she heads over to Jake Gyllenhaal's workplace before Jake Gyllenhaal has even met with Jake Gyllenhaal himself, albeit the meeting is planned over phone right before Jake Gyllenhaal has an encounter with Jake Gyllenhaal's wife. She sits next to Jake Gyllenhaal and is clearly shocked by the fact that Jake Gyllenhaal looks exactly like Jake Gyllenhaal. Of course Jake Gyllenhaal has no idea who she is and just has a small, casual conversation with her, asking about her pregnancy. Jake Gyllenhaal's wife seems mortified when she should be thrilled and excited. What's there to be so sad about finding another Jake Gyllenhaal? We know you like Jake Gyllenhaal so we put a Jake Gyllenhaal in your Jake Gyllenhaal so that you can Jake Gyllenhaal while you Jake Gyllenhaal.

So the reality shattering meeting of Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal takes place in a hotel somewhere. Well, it's not that reality shattering, but I'm glad Jake Gyllenhaal found the patience, time and interest to meet with Jake Gyllenhaal. Here, Jake Gyllenhaal finds that Jake Gyllenhaal is not just visually and sonically Jake Gyllenhaal, no, he has the same scar too. And same hands. Jake Gyllenhaal has found his identical hand twin. The possibilities are endless. But Jake Gyllenhaal goes all womanlike and starts having second thoughts about finding another Jake Gyllenhaal, so he freaks out and leaves Jake Gyllenhaal behind. The idea of being brothers comes up, which is logical, but the identical scars and hands in particular are nearly beyond all chance and I can't believe Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal did not head straight over to DNA testing to figure this thing out. Jake Gyllenhaal did not sit down with Jake Gyllenhaal to carefully examine the history of both Jake Gyllenhaals. What is wrong with Jake Gyllenhaal?

Jake Gyllenhaal's attempt to abort the Jake Gyllenhaal investigation does not end because now Jake Gyllenhaal wants a piece of Jake Gyllenhaal, or his girlfriend, to be exact. Jake Gyllenhaal suggests that the two switch parts and then Jake Gyllenhaal will be out of Jake Gyllenhaal's life for good. Confusing? You can bet your Jake Gyllenhaal it is. It is noteworthy that Jake Gyllenhaal is only seen with Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie and Jake Gyllenhaal never walks down the street with Jake Gyllenhaal and while there are all the right reasons for it, Jake Gyllenhaal does not take Jake Gyllenhaal out on a double date. You guys have so much to talk about, but decide to miss an opportunity once again. Although if Jake Gyllenhaal ever wanted to be seen with Jake Gyllenhaal, something would probably prevent this from happening. The universe would implode or the dream would end.

Jake Gyllenhaal's mother also reveals things about Jake Gyllenhaal which suggest that Jake Gyllenhaal is merely Jake Gyllenhaal and nothing more. She even tells Jake Gyllenhaal to stop dreaming about being an actor. Is Jake Gyllenhaal a bit funny in the head perhaps? Jake Gyllenhaal's mother would probably know more than she tells us.

So eventually Jake Gyllenhaal gets to bang Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend and Jake Gyllenhaal assumes the role of Jake Gyllenhaal. Jake Gyllenhaal's pregnant wife, having met Jake Gyllenhaal before, seems to not mind the suddenly all awkward Jake Gyllenhaal in their home that much and is aware that she now has a new Jake Gyllenhaal. Jake Gyllenhaal has a fight with Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend because Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend notices the ringmark on Jake Gyllenhaal's finger, which leads to further arguing in the car which leads to a terrible CGI accident, presumably killing Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend, leaving behind only Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal's pregnant wife. Jake Gyllenhaal becomes Jake Gyllenhaal, assuming Jake Gyllenhaal's character and life. Although how is Jake Gyllenhaal supposed to do that, being an entirely different Jake Gyllenhaal? You're not an actor, Jake Gyllenhaal. How do you pretend to be one?

Spiders are also a theme in Enemy. Maybe they represent a typically universal fear because many Jake Gyllenhaals are afraid of spiders after all. There is a tarantula in the beginning of the movie getting crushed at a sex club and the entire sex club thing is something that could have multiple meanings as well. It's unclear why in one shot there is a massive skyscraper daddy long legs just chilling above the city and the movie just casually continues as if nothing. The ending is even more weird when Jake Gyllenhaal's wife walks into the bedroom and stops responding to Jake Gyllenhaal. As Jake Gyllenhaal looks in there, Jake Gyllenhaal's wife has turned into a giant spider crouched against the wall seemingly in fear. Jake Gyllenhaal barely reacts with an image of "so that's how it's going to be" on his face. End.

Interesting movie. Very Jake Gyllenhaal. You know what the weirdest part was? The fact that Jake Gyllenhaal's phone has the same ringtone as I do. Seven Jakes out of ten Gyllenhaals, helps if you like mind benders and riddles.
Unmakable

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus. Chernobyl. Goddamn. Absolutely insane course of events.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unmakable wrote:

Do you taste iron!?

Even if I remember this happening and it stroke absolute fear in every fiber og my body - I guess we were told all sorts of stuff to keep us from never ever falling asleep again as I always had the impression that is was not THAT bad and it was a "small" plant etc. Guess that is what parent do in situations like that.

Yes total fucking madness!

I totally agree with the guy comparing this to Alien. This might be worse/more terrifying as the radiation will fuck yo up no matter fi you are man or machine.
That helicopter disintegrating in mid air...
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE! AND I BRING YOU... this Jake Gyllenhaal movie.

Jake Gyllenhaal plays a double role in Enemy, one a history teacher and the other one a yet to be successful actor. Jake Gyllenhaal leads a safe life of repetition where he alternates between his work as a teacher and meeting up with his girlfriend. He carries on but seems bored and trapped, humourless and waiting to die, which is a pretty good life if you ask me, but then someone recommends him a movie. Jake Gyllenhaal sees his perfect doppelganger in this movie and becomes obsessed with what he saw.

When looking up the information about his clone, Jake Gyllenhaal becomes increasingly convinced that this is not a mere lookalike he has seen, this is an exact replica of Jake Gyllenhaal. A quest for Jake Gyllenhaal's contact information begins and Jake Gyllenhaal is soon calling Jake Gyllenhaal about a meeting. It doesn't go well because Jake Gyllenhaal has trouble trying to tell Jake Gyllenhaal that they look and sound the same without seeming like a loopy stalker. The first time Jake Gyllenhaal calls Jake Gyllenhaal the phone is picked up by Jake Gyllenhaal's wife, and even she mistakes Jake Gyllenhaal for Jake Gyllenhaal, not to mention the security guard at the agency where Jake Gyllenhaal goes looking for Jake Gyllenhaal - he thinks Jake Gyllenhaal is Jake Gyllenhaal too. Of course Jake Gyllenhaal plays it cool and pretends to be Jake Gyllenhaal with the very limited amount of information he has about Jake Gyllenhaal's life. But if you look and sound this much like Jake Gyllenhaal you can pull any shit off you like, people would merely think that oh that Jake Gyllenhaal, he's been drinking again and he's also rehearsing for a role in Donnie Darko II - The Reckoning, never breaking character. Classic Jake Gyllenhaal.

The life of Jake Gyllenhaal is different from Jake Gyllenhaal's, but has similarities. They both share an apartment with a woman, but Jake Gyllenhaal is more vivid, spontaneous and outgoing. Jake Gyllenhaal's pregnant wife suspects that maybe the calls Jake Gyllenhaal is getting are a sign of infidelity, but Jake Gyllenhaal tells her no, it's a man. Jake Gyllenhaal, that does not rule out infidelity. Maybe you have something to share, Jake Gyllenhaal? Jake Gyllenhaal needs to make it clear that he's not cheating on his wife, but does a poor job and tells her wife to get real, essentially. Jake Gyllenhaal's interest is sparked and he looks up Jake Gyllenhaal as Jake Gyllenhaal looked up Jake Gyllenhaal, but his wife wants to know what this Jake Gyllenhaal thing is as well, so she heads over to Jake Gyllenhaal's workplace before Jake Gyllenhaal has even met with Jake Gyllenhaal himself, albeit the meeting is planned over phone right before Jake Gyllenhaal has an encounter with Jake Gyllenhaal's wife. She sits next to Jake Gyllenhaal and is clearly shocked by the fact that Jake Gyllenhaal looks exactly like Jake Gyllenhaal. Of course Jake Gyllenhaal has no idea who she is and just has a small, casual conversation with her, asking about her pregnancy. Jake Gyllenhaal's wife seems mortified when she should be thrilled and excited. What's there to be so sad about finding another Jake Gyllenhaal? We know you like Jake Gyllenhaal so we put a Jake Gyllenhaal in your Jake Gyllenhaal so that you can Jake Gyllenhaal while you Jake Gyllenhaal.

So the reality shattering meeting of Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal takes place in a hotel somewhere. Well, it's not that reality shattering, but I'm glad Jake Gyllenhaal found the patience, time and interest to meet with Jake Gyllenhaal. Here, Jake Gyllenhaal finds that Jake Gyllenhaal is not just visually and sonically Jake Gyllenhaal, no, he has the same scar too. And same hands. Jake Gyllenhaal has found his identical hand twin. The possibilities are endless. But Jake Gyllenhaal goes all womanlike and starts having second thoughts about finding another Jake Gyllenhaal, so he freaks out and leaves Jake Gyllenhaal behind. The idea of being brothers comes up, which is logical, but the identical scars and hands in particular are nearly beyond all chance and I can't believe Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal did not head straight over to DNA testing to figure this thing out. Jake Gyllenhaal did not sit down with Jake Gyllenhaal to carefully examine the history of both Jake Gyllenhaals. What is wrong with Jake Gyllenhaal?

Jake Gyllenhaal's attempt to abort the Jake Gyllenhaal investigation does not end because now Jake Gyllenhaal wants a piece of Jake Gyllenhaal, or his girlfriend, to be exact. Jake Gyllenhaal suggests that the two switch parts and then Jake Gyllenhaal will be out of Jake Gyllenhaal's life for good. Confusing? You can bet your Jake Gyllenhaal it is. It is noteworthy that Jake Gyllenhaal is only seen with Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie and Jake Gyllenhaal never walks down the street with Jake Gyllenhaal and while there are all the right reasons for it, Jake Gyllenhaal does not take Jake Gyllenhaal out on a double date. You guys have so much to talk about, but decide to miss an opportunity once again. Although if Jake Gyllenhaal ever wanted to be seen with Jake Gyllenhaal, something would probably prevent this from happening. The universe would implode or the dream would end.

Jake Gyllenhaal's mother also reveals things about Jake Gyllenhaal which suggest that Jake Gyllenhaal is merely Jake Gyllenhaal and nothing more. She even tells Jake Gyllenhaal to stop dreaming about being an actor. Is Jake Gyllenhaal a bit funny in the head perhaps? Jake Gyllenhaal's mother would probably know more than she tells us.

So eventually Jake Gyllenhaal gets to bang Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend and Jake Gyllenhaal assumes the role of Jake Gyllenhaal. Jake Gyllenhaal's pregnant wife, having met Jake Gyllenhaal before, seems to not mind the suddenly all awkward Jake Gyllenhaal in their home that much and is aware that she now has a new Jake Gyllenhaal. Jake Gyllenhaal has a fight with Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend because Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend notices the ringmark on Jake Gyllenhaal's finger, which leads to further arguing in the car which leads to a terrible CGI accident, presumably killing Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend, leaving behind only Jake Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal's pregnant wife. Jake Gyllenhaal becomes Jake Gyllenhaal, assuming Jake Gyllenhaal's character and life. Although how is Jake Gyllenhaal supposed to do that, being an entirely different Jake Gyllenhaal? You're not an actor, Jake Gyllenhaal. How do you pretend to be one?

Spiders are also a theme in Enemy. Maybe they represent a typically universal fear because many Jake Gyllenhaals are afraid of spiders after all. There is a tarantula in the beginning of the movie getting crushed at a sex club and the entire sex club thing is something that could have multiple meanings as well. It's unclear why in one shot there is a massive skyscraper daddy long legs just chilling above the city and the movie just casually continues as if nothing. The ending is even more weird when Jake Gyllenhaal's wife walks into the bedroom and stops responding to Jake Gyllenhaal. As Jake Gyllenhaal looks in there, Jake Gyllenhaal's wife has turned into a giant spider crouched against the wall seemingly in fear. Jake Gyllenhaal barely reacts with an image of "so that's how it's going to be" on his face. End.

Interesting movie. Very Jake Gyllenhaal. You know what the weirdest part was? The fact that Jake Gyllenhaal's phone has the same ringtone as I do. Seven Jakes out of ten Gyllenhaals, helps if you like mind benders and riddles.

Or as I refer to it, "Jake Gyllengall's Parent Trap".

For Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1418092#1418092
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dead Won't Die- Pretty fun horror comedy. Ending is anticlimactic though. But Murray is great as always. Plus a few other familiar faces. Larry Fessenden from We Are Still Here, Danny Glover from Predator 2, Tilda Swinton from Snowpiercer, Iggy Pop from heroine dealers houses, Rosie Perez from White Men Can't Jump, ChloŽ Sevigny from that porno.

Argento presents Lamberto Bava's Demons 2- A dog turns into a demon. Great stuff.

For Sale:
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 episodes of Chernobyl so far. It's cool, but a bit too dramatized. I mean why would they bury the bodies in concrete? It doesn't make any sense.
Cool show overall though, even though it will increase the rampant radiophobia going on, at least in Western Europe, although at the same time there's bound to be some people who see that pretty open reactor core and think it's the most beautiful thing...
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
4 episodes of Chernobyl so far. It's cool, but a bit too dramatized. I mean why would they bury the bodies in concrete? It doesn't make any sense.
Cool show overall though, even though it will increase the rampant radiophobia going on, at least in Western Europe, although at the same time there's bound to be some people who see that pretty open reactor core and think it's the most beautiful thing...

I think it was a good idea to bury them in welded shut coffins and concrete, just in case of some unforseen issue down the road such as the gravesite getting flooded.

Easy Rider, got extremely wasted & ended up watching this, it's a great movie, it gives you a glimpse of an idea of freedom in the 60's but doesn't sugarcoat it. The ending was extremely random though.
windofpain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Unmakable wrote:

Do you taste iron!?

Even if I remember this happening and it stroke absolute fear in every fiber og my body - I guess we were told all sorts of stuff to keep us from never ever falling asleep again as I always had the impression that is was not THAT bad and it was a "small" plant etc. Guess that is what parent do in situations like that.

Yes total fucking madness!

I totally agree with the guy comparing this to Alien. This might be worse/more terrifying as the radiation will fuck yo up no matter fi you are man or machine.
That helicopter disintegrating in mid air...

the helicopter ran into a crane
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1WPPdCKog

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:
I mean why would they bury the bodies in concrete? It doesn't make any sense.

i'm not nearly as versed in this as the eastern side of the world, but i was under the impression that it was to prevent radioactive material from seeping directly into the environment. lake karachay is the example that seems popular on the internet after the incident.
snakenuts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful of spoilers dudes and dudettes. This isnt on the "Vader is Luke's father" level, but still, try not to give away too much for those yet to watch it.
DevilWorshippingGarbage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Missing Link wrote:
The Dead Won't Die- Pretty fun horror comedy. Ending is anticlimactic though. But Murray is great as always. Plus a few other familiar faces. Larry Fessenden from We Are Still Here, Danny Glover from Predator 2, Tilda Swinton from Snowpiercer, Iggy Pop from heroine dealers houses, Rosie Perez from White Men Can't Jump, ChloŽ Sevigny from that porno.

Argento presents Lamberto Bava's Demons 2- A dog turns into a demon. Great stuff.

I went to see that yesterday. It was goofy but I think I was the only laughing in the theater when the zombies was carrying out steve buscemi out of his house as he was screaming.

Then again I sat through worst outlaw mud wrestling shows.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilWorshippingGarbage wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I went to see that yesterday. It was goofy but I think I was the only laughing in the theater when the zombies was carrying out steve buscemi out of his house as he was screaming.

Then again I sat through worst outlaw mud wrestling shows.

That hat he had on. LOL

For Sale:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 838, 839, 840 ... 865, 866, 867  Next
Page 839 of 867

Jump to: