P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the new darkthrone (FOAD)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I like ravishing more than total death... Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i enjoyed it

◕ ◡ ◕
Goab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that "The Cult is alive" was their strongest material in years. I always have been loyal to Darkthrone despite the up and downs their inspiration has suffered over the years and have bought every album from them blindly. Last week a friend who works for the distribution company associated to Peaceville in Spain gave me a copy of the limited edition CD and to be honest I was embarrased. Total uninspired shit, boring as fuck and their FOAD attitude getting on my nerves. Yes, I do agree that the pictures inside the booklet are worthless crap and if they wanna look/be like a gang on scum punk should go ahead and shoot heroin right away to the overdose. Just because they pay tribute to the old school I won't change my mind here. And what about the cover? yeah, heayh, the Piledriver tribute and blah, blah, blah, blah... The tradition is over, I won't run to buy this on vinyl as have done during the last 15 years.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i used to purchase the lp's, but now im gonna just pass on this cause it's just not funny anymore.
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goab wrote:
I think that "The Cult is alive" was their strongest material in years. I always have been loyal to Darkthrone despite the up and downs their inspiration has suffered over the years and have bought every album from them blindly. Last week a friend who works for the distribution company associated to Peaceville in Spain gave me a copy of the limited edition CD and to be honest I was embarrased. Total uninspired shit, boring as fuck and their FOAD attitude getting on my nerves. Yes, I do agree that the pictures inside the booklet are worthless crap and if they wanna look/be like a gang on scum punk should go ahead and shoot heroin right away to the overdose. Just because they pay tribute to the old school I won't change my mind here. And what about the cover? yeah, heayh, the Piledriver tribute and blah, blah, blah, blah... The tradition is over, I won't run to buy this on vinyl as have done during the last 15 years.

Very well spoken my man! I also used to buy everything blindly, just out of some kind of -false?!- loyalty and because their early works mean so much to me, but nowadays? I think the term "embarrassed" sums up the whole new DARKTHRONE "phenomenon" quite perfectly! They really should FOAD themselves!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course .. died after Total Death .. Darkthrone is Trendthrone at nowadays Mad not like to Bulldozer, Venom or all similar old school bands .. just like to nonsense ..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly could not care less whether they are trendy or not, what I care for is the songwriting which on this album is simply uninspired and weak. There are like 2-3 decent songs and the rest is uninsteresting wannabediehard80iesmetalbangertothebone garbage. And that cover artwork is embarrassing to say the least + no one is impressed with this froced FUCK OFF thing any longer. Worst Darkthrone since Plaguewielder in my book.
dreamethereal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was good...but not as good as The Cult Is Alive...but still noteworthy, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you've all seen this:

http://www.takemetoyourfenriz.com
Mitch339

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea of Darkthrone becoming more old school is awesome, but they definitely need to give up the stupid songs about how current black metal is lame and everyone is trying to copy them. It reminds me of some hip hop feud or something.

FOAD has its upside and its downside...an average album I'd say.
killusion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend cristiane recently interviewed fenriz...
quite entertaining!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqp6rdJt7Qc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxEmf9tURxk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PIeRn6XarQw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hhyFP_ecl9c

"I am the John McEnroe of black metal!" Laughing
Ichor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a single band that managed to achieve more by means of maintaining a certain 'hype' rather actual skills, then that's -sad but truth- DARKTHRONE. FOAD is an incredibly lame and totally uninteresting album, that if it did not carry the DARKTHRONE logo on the cover no one would care about
Ichor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well despite my personal view on DARKTHRONE, I think that Fenriz is a really cool/intelligent guy (have talked with him something like seven years ago)...
Plus he is -hopefully - responsible for "A blaze...", one of the greatest -blah, blah...- BM albums ever. Sadly, from that point onwards, the material started to weaken...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: