P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

no wonder earache has gone down the tubes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutfor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, and I thought the guy who ran Wild Rags was crooked!
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFL wrote:
I know Digby put up the actual master tapes of "Blessed Are The Sick" up on ebay.

I'm pretty sure I saw a Bolt Thrower master tape on eBay, too.

Sadovahr wrote:
Filthy Christians????? Fuck yeah, I have ages to hear somebody mentioning this GREAT band!!! "Mean" LP from 1989 is a total classic!!! Is it that hard to find a copy?

When I got my tape (which I think I paid $15 for on buy-it-now), there was also an LP of it on eBay. I don't think the vinyl went for much more. It's easier to buy a Filthy Christians t-shirt than their album, which I find kind of sad.

Nailed seems more common, but unfortunately my copy won't play on my stereo CD player (the silver side of it looks different than any other CD I've seen).

I think I'll put Mean in my pile of stuff to play tomorrow.
vorfeed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOTO wrote:
I'm pretty sure I saw a Bolt Thrower master tape on eBay, too.

They've been ripping Bolt Thrower off for years -- when Mercenary came out, Earache released Who Dares Wins, a thrown-together "rare cuts" comp for which I doubt BT ever saw a dime. Same with Those Once Loyal and the shitty, second-string-artwork reissue of Realm Of Chaos. This label uses "reissues" to cash in on bands they don't pay royalties to...
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BlabberMouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=44467
probert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

classic article.

"Some of your friends are probably already this fucked."
Tzimisce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Those Once Loyal
...Metal Blade put this one out, did they not?
God Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
vorfeed wrote:
Those Once Loyal

I think she's saying that Earache re-released Realm of Chaos in an attempt to ride a free wave of publicity that Metal Blade paid for with the Those Once Loyal Release. Earache has a history of doing that, as pointed out with the release of "Who Dares Wins" at the same time as Mercenary.
toilet_loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
PFL wrote:
I know Digby put up the actual master tapes of "Blessed Are The Sick" up on ebay. Wonder how much they went for. Apparently Digby attempted to rip off Morbid Angel, but the band's management literally threatened to fly down to the Earache offices and beat the crap out of him if he even attempted to do so.

I heard at Iron Monkey's last gig, the band ended up jumping Digby and beating him up.

I also remember reading about either Godflesh or Napalm Death chucking rocks and bricks at the Earache UK office windows. Either way, Digby deserves every shit he gets.

I recall a ND interview from many moons ago (think it may have been in Flipside) where a question was asked about how Earache were doing and the general mood was that they were getting fucked over. There was some great line about Dig knowing not to push the limits cos if he did they would be straight over to his office and the fax machine was going out the window!
vorfeed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Slayer wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
vorfeed wrote:
Those Once Loyal

I think she's saying that Earache re-released Realm of Chaos in an attempt to ride a free wave of publicity that Metal Blade paid for with the Those Once Loyal Release. Earache has a history of doing that, as pointed out with the release of "Who Dares Wins" at the same time as Mercenary.

Yeah, exactly. Earache wait for BT to put out a new album on Metal Blade, and then they "coincidentally" dredge up some stuff from the back catalog the same week to cash in on the publicity. And, of course, the band sees nothing every time somebody decides to buy the (poorly remastered, with shitty replacement artwork) classic over the new record... and then they reissue For Victory with ad copy like "Bolt Thrower stormed ahead into 2005 with a new found popularity generated by Earache’s reissue of 1989s Realm of Chaos which was re-mastered and included new artwork" -- as if that was the reason and not, y'know, their fucking incredible new album on another label! Rolling Eyes

I understand the desire to reissue this stuff, but the timing and quality of these reissues are highly suspect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: