P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

When packages goes missing.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
snaps666



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 1114
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
It's funny that some distros replace lost / damaged packages and others don't.

Now I do not know how it works around the world, but in Denmark mailorders have the full responsibility by law. So if something disapears in the mail, it's the mailorder who have to pay.


Thats great that the buyer is protected....but I don't think the mailorder person should be responsible to pay either. It should be the post service that has to refund the money...THEY are the one who lost it, not the guy who shipped it or the guy waiting by his mail box.


Ofcourse it's the post "service" that's to blame. I am not saying this is the best way or how it should be - but that is how it works by law within Denmark.
_________________
LorteBrian is the Black_Fire of Denmark

http://www.deadbangers.com/prestashop/en/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheLastWound



Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 728
Location: sweden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swedish post service is actually really great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Detest Records



Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 3041
Location: Brussels dead city

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLastWound wrote:
The swedish post service is actually really great.


I hope you're right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Detest Records



Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 3041
Location: Brussels dead city

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
It's funny that some distros replace lost / damaged packages and others don't.

Now I do not know how it works around the world, but in Denmark mailorders have the full responsibility by law. So if something disapears in the mail, it's the mailorder who have to pay.


Thats great that the buyer is protected....but I don't think the mailorder person should be responsible to pay either. It should be the post service that has to refund the money...THEY are the one who lost it, not the guy who shipped it or the guy waiting by his mail box.


Ofcourse it's the post "service" that's to blame. I am not saying this is the best way or how it should be - but that is how it works by law within Denmark.


In Belgium, the law provides that the sellers/senders are not responsible for any damage or loss occuring during the shipment of an item.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 3431
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detest Records wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
It's funny that some distros replace lost / damaged packages and others don't.

Now I do not know how it works around the world, but in Denmark mailorders have the full responsibility by law. So if something disapears in the mail, it's the mailorder who have to pay.


Thats great that the buyer is protected....but I don't think the mailorder person should be responsible to pay either. It should be the post service that has to refund the money...THEY are the one who lost it, not the guy who shipped it or the guy waiting by his mail box.


Ofcourse it's the post "service" that's to blame. I am not saying this is the best way or how it should be - but that is how it works by law within Denmark.


In Belgium, the law provides that the sellers/senders are not responsible for any damage or loss occuring during the shipment of an item.


Does this hold true in practice when if you file a claim for a lost parcel?
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Unidentified band photos and youtube links
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Detest Records



Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 3041
Location: Brussels dead city

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
Detest Records wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
It's funny that some distros replace lost / damaged packages and others don't.

Now I do not know how it works around the world, but in Denmark mailorders have the full responsibility by law. So if something disapears in the mail, it's the mailorder who have to pay.


Thats great that the buyer is protected....but I don't think the mailorder person should be responsible to pay either. It should be the post service that has to refund the money...THEY are the one who lost it, not the guy who shipped it or the guy waiting by his mail box.


Ofcourse it's the post "service" that's to blame. I am not saying this is the best way or how it should be - but that is how it works by law within Denmark.


In Belgium, the law provides that the sellers/senders are not responsible for any damage or loss occuring during the shipment of an item.


Does this hold true in practice when if you file a claim for a lost parcel?


Here is a brief summary of how the systems works:

- Sender is not responsible except if the addresse can prove that the sender has commited a "fault" while sending or packing the stuff (wrong address, bad packaging, etc.)
- The post is responsible for the loss and damage but in practice that responsability is limited by the "general conditions" of the Belgian post. By asking the seller to use that service to send you an item, you subscribe to those "general conditions". You can extend the post's responsability by choosing registration, etc.
- The address supports the risk of the shipment
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group