P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Frank Krynojewski's TRIUMPH OF DEATH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Frank Krynojewski's TRIUMPH OF DEATH Reply with quote

After Frank left Warhammer he once said to me that he gonna continue his HELLHAMMER-worship through a brandnew band TRIUMPH OF DEATH. But since he kinda silent after that (or maybe changing address), does anyone here know about his TRIUMPH OF DEATH, or have heard their stuffs?

I'm still wonder that he's still in the Metal scene or not!
Sepulchral_Vomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i donīt understand is why WARHAMMER got reformed without him, being his concept as the real HELLHAMMER maniac he is!
Curious about TRIUMPH OF DEATH!!!

Last edited by Sepulchral_Vomit on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:58 am; edited 2 times in total
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you didn't know the story, huh? Frank was simply pissed off (by some personal reasons) with the other guys in WARHAMMER. That's the reason why he didn't play with them anymore....That's what I been told when I was still in touch with him!!!!

Now back to my above topic, please!
Opolus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yezz, there were actually talks about coming up with TRIUMPH OF DEATH after the "ill-fated" split of WARHAMMER. He even worked on a couple of ideas for that as well. As fate had it, unfortunately nothing fruitful ever came out of this. This might have something to do with Frank being pretty much occupied with his day job on one hand, and maybe being fed up with all kinds of other things happening back in the day, which I don't want to go into detail now. He's still playing guitar on a regular basis and is still the most dedicated HELLHAMMER maniac you are likely to meet. When it comes to the new "WARHAMMER", I wonder who'll write the actual music now, in case they'll ever record anything... He still has the same address as back in WARHAMMER days, btw.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
Yezz, there were actually talks about coming up with TRIUMPH OF DEATH after the "ill-fated" split of WARHAMMER. He even worked on a couple of ideas for that as well. As fate had it, unfortunately nothing fruitful ever came out of this. This might have something to do with Frank being pretty much occupied with his day job on one hand, and maybe being fed up with all kinds of other things happening back in the day, which I don't want to go into detail now. He's still playing guitar on a regular basis and is still the most dedicated HELLHAMMER maniac you are likely to meet. When it comes to the new "WARHAMMER", I wonder who'll write the actual music now, in case they'll ever record anything... He still has the same address as back in WARHAMMER days, btw.

Thanks man, I will definitely send him a letter again! He was my good penpal but too bad he seemed silent, maybe becuase the tension of his split and arguments with the ex-members (I also know the stories).
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many Warhammer albums do you need? Does the last one still sound like Hellhammer? How do they manage to come up with enough Hellhammer like riffs to keep this project going? Hellhammer itself only had some demos and a MLP!!

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

peterott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many Warhammer albums do you need?
==> MOAR

Does the last one still sound like Hellhammer?
==> Yes, Satanic Ritessssssss

How do they manage to come up with enough Hellhammer like riffs to keep this project going?
==> drugs, Apocalyptic Raids MLP, energy in the veins

Hellhammer itself only had some demos and a MLP!!
==> they had a complete full-length "To Mega therion" up and coming but due to member problems and their "step forward" they skipepd that.
Opolus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Yosuke: He, he, I do understand your point. Still, the thing that did motivate old (!) WARHAMMER was to come as close to the original as possible, as Frank always felt, that the concept (be it musically and lyrically!) wasn't fullfilled when HELLHAMMER split up. As he also was utterly self-critical (contrary to popular belief) there was always more WARHAMMER material coming up, in order to at least come -a little- close to the HEAVINESS and mood of mighty HELLHAMMER!! Do you mean "Curse Of The Absolute Eclipse" as the "last" album? Of course it sounds like HELLHAMMER (somehow), but I think the actual demo versions simply CRUSH the album itself, which sounds A LOT more like "Satanic Rites", which was the blueprint for WARHAMMER's later phase! Some of those alongside other GREAT stuff (e. g. their demo of the same name) are compiled on the "Towards The Chapter Of Chaos" CD/LP, which is surely some of their very best stuff! When it comes to the regular studio albums you should go for "The Doom Messiah", which is most proabably their best effort. This is also the one that Frank himself still likes... I personally never understood, how you could NOT like WARHAMMER in the first place, if you are seriously into HELLHAMMER, but maybe I'm biased, due to being around those guys back then. (Besides still being in regular contact with Frank himself...)

@peterott:
"How do they manage to come up with enough Hellhammer like riffs to keep this project going?
==> drugs, Apocalyptic Raids MLP, energy in the veins"
Ha, ha, too bad this isn't true, Frank and Volker even hardly drink alcohol, let alone do "drugs", so I think "Apocalyptic Raids" remains/remained as the only impulse, which is fair enough anyway!! Wink
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that WARHAMMER sounds more HELLHAMMER than the other bands (including APOCALYPTIC RAIDS from Rio, Brazil)...I understand some people seem dislike them, becuase maybe WARHAMMER didn't have the "originality", but in my opinion, they continue what the Swiss godz (HELLHAMMER) have left in 1984!

Frank was the one that I know that constantly talking about HELLHAMMER, HELLHAMMER, HELLHAMMER in his long letters to me (often 3-4 pages each time whenever we correspond!), so imagine that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: