P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Burzum sample?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael wrote:

At least before it costed more to press coloured vinyl than black. Overall I don't care if you have to pay a bit (euro or two) extra to get a coloured vinyl if you really want it. What bothers me is when you can't directly buy one, but you have to buy multiple copies or something similar to be able to get one.

I think it should be against the law to press vinyl on any color other than black. Manufacturers must enforce a strict minimum of 1000 copies pressed of a particular release as well. That would end all of this collector fag craze once and for all.
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fifteen years the white vinyl version may be worth as much as Hvis marble vinyl, or other rare Burzum stuff on ebay. I think that's why the prices are jacked.
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Daring and creative? Bold and unique? You sound like a fucking moron. It's an article written by a stupid person connecting dots that don't exist. There are a few leaps in logic in that article that are just completely stupid and render it useless. I read the other article on that blog as well and it's also awesomely pretentious crap, which a few delightfully banal soundbites such as "I find that usually the strangest art is that which is the least understood." The "fallout after Belus" is almost entirely generated by people who browse on the ANUS forums anyway.

you sound like a crass bore. the writing has personality. he tries to read between the lines and I like the that - he's taking a chance. I liked the other article, too. I think the perfect book for you is the encyclopedia.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
the writing has personality. he tries to read between the lines and I like the that - he's taking a chance.

I agree. It's not in the style of blogs or mainstream magazines, but it's good analysis and interesting use of language. Might be good for those who read The Atlantic, Harper's, New Republic, etc. Otherwise might come across as "tl;dr" and confusing.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were actually discussing whether or not he made any god damn sense, not whether or not he was writing interestingly. STUPID ME! Rolling Eyes
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Burzum is a great album. Only thing that I don't like is the cover and layout. Varg should have known better, rather than using some photo or that flower font... although he had a good intention behind that, unlike many other bedroom black metal bands, I think that Burzum must be different than other bands, that's what makes him so unique Wink

masters_throne wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:
BAN ALL TEH WHITE PEOPLE//?

Kill all the white people
Then we'll be free

No, it goes like this...

Throw the Jew down the well
So my country can be free
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed BOB just for the hell of it. The white vinyl is limited to 3000! The black vinyl is not limited and they're going to keep pressing them until demand stops. So yeah, don't get duped into paying $50 for either.
Scott K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I emailed BOB just for the hell of it. The white vinyl is limited to 3000! The black vinyl is not limited and they're going to keep pressing them until demand stops. So yeah, don't get duped into paying $50 for either.

That's interesting, because Plastichead said they were limited to 1000 worldwide.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was plastichead that told me this too. I thought I emailed BOB, but I was wrong.

I'd copy and pasted the email but:

"DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this message and any attachments are confidential, may be legally privileged and have been sent in confidence for the attention of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are kindly requested to preserve this confidentiality, to delete this message and any attachment from your system. You must not copy this message or attachments nor disclose the contents to any other person. Please contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you. "

Haha.
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
I thought we were actually discussing whether or not he made any god damn sense, not whether or not he was writing interestingly. STUPID ME! Rolling Eyes

well it DOES make sense. but not in the way an encyclopedia does. you have to use your imagination a little and acknowledge that no one knows what's going on in Varg's head anyway, so the author's taking a stab at it. and it's pretty good stab, too - the author uses ACTUAL RECENT Varg quotes and simply tries to read between the lines. it's a pretty simple, yet novel approach. I actually think the strongest part of the article was simply the author's choice of Varg quotes. The first quote was more obvious in terms of revealing what's going on in Varg's head, but the second is a little more subtle.

"Insecurity will always destroy metal." How can you disagree w/ that?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I like the analysis of metal as a romantic escape for nerds more than anything else in the article.

This definitely applies to the educated, suburban metalheads I've run into.

Norwegian teenagers running around in the woods with replicas of medieval weaponry, anyone? Laughing
Scott K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I like the analysis of metal as a romantic escape for nerds more than anything else in the article.

Norwegian teenagers running around in the woods with replicas of medieval weaponry, anyone? Laughing

GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

well it DOES make sense. but not in the way an encyclopedia does. you have to use your imagination a little and acknowledge that no one knows what's going on in Varg's head anyway, so the author's taking a stab at it. and it's pretty good stab, too - the author uses ACTUAL RECENT Varg quotes and simply tries to read between the lines. it's a pretty simple, yet novel approach. I actually think the strongest part of the article was simply the author's choice of Varg quotes. The first quote was more obvious in terms of revealing what's going on in Varg's head, but the second is a little more subtle.

"Insecurity will always destroy metal." How can you disagree w/ that?

First of all, that line is too easy to fall back on as an explanation as to why you don't like something. Don't like an album? The artist is insecure. He needs to be more secure to create great art. Secondly, I disagree with the claim to begin with. Thirdly, the "reading between the lines" crap of twisting metal artists' words is not novel at all, since it's one of ANUS' premiere tactics when they're trying to convince the populace of hating some newly maligned metal artist because they released an album they didn't like. And finally, I don't give a flying fuck what some faggot on the internet THINKS is going on inside somebody's head because he clipped a few quotes from the guy's website. I haven't even heard the damn album yet anyway, so I don't even know if I would agree that Belus is a flop.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

I hate the fact that people expect metal fans to be loser nerds like this, who have something to 'escape from'. Pathetic. Just continues the stereotype of 'outsiders' who were bullied at school. I can't remember them, but as usual those words of the guy from Ulver are more than appropriate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: