P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Burzum sample?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the double LP last night and listened to it for the first time. Great shit, I like it a lot. Only one song wasn't so good...can't think of the name of it, but it's the second song on side "B". I never thought I'd get to hear another metal Burzum album, and the fact that it is quality material to my ears is a pleasant suprise!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article was horrid. The previous poster hit the nail on the head 'connecting dots that do not exist'. PLENTY of metalheads are far from introverts. It is the height of idiocy to paint a vast group of people with such broad brush strokes.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
That article was horrid. The previous poster hit the nail on the head 'connecting dots that do not exist'. PLENTY of metalheads are far from introverts. It is the height of idiocy to paint a vast group of people with such broad brush strokes.

Sure, but at the same time there is plenty of value in making leaps in thinking like that. It's all just for the sake of discussion anyway. The problem is when you have people (ahem, Buttface cartoon?) who make these logical leaps in their own thinking and then spend the rest of their time trying to convince everyone they have come up with absolute truths.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
It is the height of idiocy to paint a vast group of people with such broad brush strokes.

They're all metalheads because they have nothing in common.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
It is the height of idiocy to paint a vast group of people with such broad brush strokes.

They're all metalheads because they have everything in common. But whatever, that wasn't even one of my key issues with the piece, despite the generalization being slightly unfair, even though perhaps somewhat accurate.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

They're all metalheads because they have everything in common.

Seems binary!

I liked the piece, mainly for content. I'm getting allergic to people who "blog" up their writing. It's like sticky AIDS, but easier to read.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attention artists

Quote:
From now on a new contest begins. The idea is to picture/illustrate the story of "Belus" (an episode or the whole one). This might be an oil painting, a watercolor painting or any other visual object (perhaps a sculpture), except for frankly amateurish and unserious sketches. A single or a series of works each one describing an episode of "Belus". In other words, this is an art contest for artists, graphic designers, sculptors and other talented persons. Show us your fantasy. Send your works to: battlegrim@yandex.ru.

The contest starts at the 1st of March 2010 and ends at the 1st of September 2010. Best authors will be defined via a public poll, that will start from the 1st of September 2010 until the 31st of December 2010.

Best authors will be rewarded appropriately. Namely:

* a one year use (through 2011) of the best work as the Burzum.org doorway;
* a separate/permanent page with top 10 works in a high resolution (with top 3 being the largest) and all the necessary credits.
xk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
attention artists

Quote:
From now on a new contest begins. The idea is to picture/illustrate the story of "Belus" (an episode or the whole one). This might be an oil painting, a watercolor painting or any other visual object (perhaps a sculpture), except for frankly amateurish and unserious sketches. A single or a series of works each one describing an episode of "Belus". In other words, this is an art contest for artists, graphic designers, sculptors and other talented persons. Show us your fantasy. Send your works to: battlegrim@yandex.ru.

The contest starts at the 1st of March 2010 and ends at the 1st of September 2010. Best authors will be defined via a public poll, that will start from the 1st of September 2010 until the 31st of December 2010.

* a separate/permanent page with top 10 works in a high resolution (with top 3 being the largest) and all the necessary credits.

LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xk wrote:
sztorm75 wrote:
attention artists

Quote:

Wonderful!
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest line in that entire advertisement is "show us your fantasy."
BBR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they're basically asking for people to submit their artwork and in return, the winner's art will get used and the top 10 will all be listed in a burzgallery and they will be *gasp* properly credited?
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're going to hand out coupons for Hot Topic next.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The 8th of March is in Norway a terrible Communist celebration, where the most vile and rabid feminist extremists express their self-loathing and hatred for men in public, with silly speeches and poorly made banners, so I only hope my album will ruin the day for them... "

Laughing
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
I thought we were actually discussing whether or not he made any god damn sense, not whether or not he was writing interestingly. STUPID ME! Rolling Eyes

well it DOES make sense. but not in the way an encyclopedia does. you have to use your imagination a little and acknowledge that no one knows what's going on in Varg's head anyway, so the author's taking a stab at it. and it's pretty good stab, too - the author uses ACTUAL RECENT Varg quotes and simply tries to read between the lines. it's a pretty simple, yet novel approach. I actually think the strongest part of the article was simply the author's choice of Varg quotes. The first quote was more obvious in terms of revealing what's going on in Varg's head, but the second is a little more subtle.

"Insecurity will always destroy metal." How can you disagree w/ that?

First of all, that line is too easy to fall back on as an explanation as to why you don't like something. Don't like an album? The artist is insecure. He needs to be more secure to create great art. Secondly, I disagree with the claim to begin with. Thirdly, the "reading between the lines" crap of twisting metal artists' words is not novel at all, since it's one of ANUS' premiere tactics when they're trying to convince the populace of hating some newly maligned metal artist because they released an album they didn't like. And finally, I don't give a flying fuck what some faggot on the internet THINKS is going on inside somebody's head because he clipped a few quotes from the guy's website. I haven't even heard the damn album yet anyway, so I don't even know if I would agree that Belus is a flop.

I never said I don't like Belus (although the author did, so I'll give you that). The artist (Varg) appears insecure based on his quotes, nothing else.

"reading between the lines." You don't think a person's words are a window into their mind? There's no twisting of words, here.

The approach is very straightforward.

This isn't ONLY about Belus. It's about an article that uses recent quotes to peer into Varg's possible mindset. Am I certain that that is, indeed, his mindset? not 100%, but it's a pretty good stab at it.

what do those quotes reveal TO YOU about Varg? I'm interested.

Last edited by Pro Abortion on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you examine some of his old quotes? From what I've seen, it's not radically different. If he was similarly insecure when composing his earlier works, then examining his more recent statements reveals nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: