P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dead Congregation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Dead Congregation Reply with quote

Got the Proclamation and Dead Congregation cd`s earlier this week. I knew Proclamation would slay, but Dead Congregation was new to me. Fuck, this is monumental music. I can not wait for the vinyl to be unleashed.

I just wonder if there are more recordings to get from this band than the 10" and the new masterpiece. Are there any demos?

Last edited by Cutterofgums on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ykh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope

You can check the Nuclear Winter stuff (RIP, feat one member of Dead Congregation).
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ykh wrote:
Nope

You can check the Nuclear Winter stuff (RIP, feat one member of Dead Congregation).

Will do. Thanks man.

But as my knowledge is sorta limited, any other newer bands with this fucking monumental feel to it?
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Dead Congregation release a bit more than the new Proclamation, which sadly to say, to me so far is a let down. Just doesn't hold my attention the way Advent of the Black Omen did.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Dead Congregation album - it improves on their previous release, which I also really liked.
illomen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I like the Dead Congregation release a bit more than the new Proclamation, which sadly to say, to me so far is a let down. Just doesn't hold my attention the way Advent of the Black Omen did.

really? i never really got into the first proclamation but i really like this new one. i think its considerably better than a.o.t.b.o. i think the new one has much better production and superior riffs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how someone who enjoyed the first PROCLAMATION album could be disappointed with the new release, they havn't compromised their savage primitivism at all. I actually do enjoy the new album slightly more than the first.

The new DEAD CONGREGATION is some of the best Death Metal I've heard in a very long time, I think this band has surpassed NECROS CHRISTOS as far as modern day darkened DM. However.... the new INFINITUM OBSCURE material is going to give it (as well as the entire DM scene) a run for it's money Twisted Evil
illomen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadChrist wrote:
I don't see how someone who enjoyed the first PROCLAMATION album could be disappointed with the new release, they havn't compromised their savage primitivism at all. I actually do enjoy the new album slightly more than the first.

The new DEAD CONGREGATION is some of the best Death Metal I've heard in a very long time, I think this band has surpassed NECROS CHRISTOS as far as modern day darkened DM. However.... the new INFINITUM OBSCURE material is going to give it (as well as the entire DM scene) a run for it's money Twisted Evil

huh?? i mean dont get me wrong, infinitum obscure is a good band and all but i really dont see them in the same league as dead congregation. and necros christos is good but defintely second tier...and i really didnt like what i heard of the last necros christos very much at all.

as far as quality death metal right now i say dead congregation, drowned, and ignivomous are top tier.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck. "Teeth into red" must be the most crushing epic I have heard in very long time.
Ichor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
as far as quality death metal right now i say dead congregation, drowned, and ignivomous are top tier.

also add PENTACLE, MORTEM, NECROVATION, HATESPAWN, DRAWN AND QUARTERED, TRIBULATION, EVOCATION, CHARON and VERMINOUS to the list
dalecooper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacle and Mortem are two of my favorites, good call.
Chit019

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everytime I read Drawn and Quartered, I think of a brutal slam death metal band, so I never bothered checkin' them out. I should soon.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eviscerated (Swe)
Degial (Swe)
Graveyard (Spa)
Crucifire (Oz)
Denial (Mex)
Necroccultus (Mex)

are some newer really Good Bands !

Really looking forward to: God Macabre Comp. LP + BloodStone LP and of course Necrovation Debut on Blood Harvest !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That NECROCCULTUS album blew me away. So fucking heavy.

add DEATHEVOKATION to this list.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by isaias that necroccultus will continue on with new members. I'm pretty sure they have planned a 7" to come out soonish and are looking for a record company to put out "Encircling..." on vinyl. They've got a new logo as well which I think looks much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: