P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the final sign of evil sucks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as FOAD goes, I think it's a piece of shit. Lazy nonsense, totally a bad joke. However, I do like The Cult is Alive.
Also, the liner notes are beyond condescending. Who do they think that their audience is, the hot topic crowd?

Last edited by IronBloodBlasphemy on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate remakes of classic films, so I sure as fuck hate the idea of a classic Metal remake.

For some odd reason though, I bought this. Pointless waste of time, needless to say.

Although I must say, I actually like the cover art...despite it's digitally manipulated look. It's the only thing about this record that in someway captures the feeling of the 80's, when bands weren't afraid of having imagination and artists had some level of skill.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy it just for the unreleased tracks... but only if I find it under 10$...
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this 'album' sucks. period. I cannot fathom why waste their time. Pity the band is not savvy enough to know they could package their early demos, add some early live gigs, make a nice release like the new Hellhammer 3lp and that would satisfy completely and crush all the bootlegs. As far as I know they have not done this, correct me if I am wrong.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just don't like the drums being louder then the rest of the instruments

That was actually what took me a long time getting into Obsessed by Cruelty ! But the drumwork is great itīs good that way !

Havenīt heard the final sign of evil yet, but Iīm still interested to hear it.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:
this 'album' sucks. period. I cannot fathom why waste their time. Pity the band is not savvy enough to know they could package their early demos, add some early live gigs, make a nice release like the new Hellhammer 3lp and that would satisfy completely and crush all the bootlegs. As far as I know they have not done this, correct me if I am wrong.

no but someone in texas did the cd and supposedly it was done with the bands permission...
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only heard this thing once or twice in passing, but the 'unreleased' tracks actually sounded like something they wrote with the intention of passing it off as that before the recording sessions to my ears. Don't know if this is true or anything, but if those incredibly boring cuts are from back in the day, no wonder they were cut from the initial release. The only entertaining thing about this release were the extra washed-up photos of the old members. Should've reissued the original recording of Obsessed by Cruelty instead.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:
Should've reissued the original recording of Obsessed by Cruelty instead.

That's on the CD together with ITSOE already, as well as on the Metal Blade version of the vinyl.
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Devastator wrote:
Voodoo Idol wrote:
Should've reissued the original recording of Obsessed by Cruelty instead.

That's on the CD together with ITSOE already, as well as on the Metal Blade version of the vinyl.

I'm confused...I always thought the original recording was the much different version on the Steamhammer LP. I actually was pissed when purchasing that 'split' CD version as a teen because the Steamhammer version is so much more unruly and vicious.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the orignal Obsessed by cruelty on SPV is a different recording and has the song after the deluge on it, the usa version is a second attempt at recording which is not so hot. the original recording never was released on cd as far as i know....
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
the orignal Obsessed by cruelty on SPV is a different recording and has the song after the deluge on it, the usa version is a second attempt at recording which is not so hot. the original recording never was released on cd as far as i know....

Yeah, that's what I regarded as the original and can exclusively listen to...that re-recorded version is pretty sad compared to the original to my ears.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the SPV/Steamhammer version with After the Deluge on it is the 2nd recording! The first recording is the one on the SPV CD and the Metal Blade LP. I am pretty sure they wound up on there by mistake as the album was never released until the 2nd version was done. You can also see the tracklist on the CD is for the 2nd version, not the first.
Thorgrim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like this CD. Sure, it isn't as good as the original MLP, but it's still a good listen, and definitely worth the 8 bucks.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to it yesterday and I think itīs nowhere as bad as some say here. I actually like the fact that they made it sloppy and with a raw sound. If I think of the shit sound which those DESTRUCTION re-recordings have.... Rolling Eyes
Some of the "new" old songs are a bit boring and I noticed some riffs which where used on later SODOM songs but overall itīs a pretty cool album. The only song Iīm really dissappointed with is Outbreak of evil, because itīs so much slower and has drum patterns which where not used on the original recordings. Sounds weird... Anyway.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:
the 'unreleased' tracks actually sounded like something they wrote with the intention of passing it off as that before the recording sessions to my ears.

Yeah bloody oath, sounds like they re-writing history...where's Devil's Attack & Let's Fight in the Darkness of Hell?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: