P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Old Metal Records discography
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIRITH UNGOL was a bootleg too.. I think....
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IronBloodBlasphemy"][

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=[/quote]
King even states "the guys were pissed" in reference to the Wild Dogs cd .It doesn't matter if they kissed and made up after the fact.He said the Cirith Ungol "wasn't legit" either. Embarassed
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
[

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=

King even states "the guys were pissed" in reference to the Wild Dogs cd .It doesn't matter if they kissed and made up after the fact.He said the Cirith Ungol "wasn't legit" either. Embarassed
well at least in the case of CU they were happy w/the results and told him so. In any event, my point is don't write off the entire label as this total bootleg, rip off operation. 95% of the list is legit and band approved
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those bands need to fucking pay King for putting out their shit again. They should be happy someone loves their music enough to put the time and effort into making it available for those who really want to hear it.

I'm not familiar with pressing statistics or whatever, but I don't think he's making a ton of money off these, anyway.
quietus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Some of those bands need to fucking pay King for putting out their shit again. They should be happy someone loves their music enough to put the time and effort into making it available for those who really want to hear it.

I'm not familiar with pressing statistics or whatever, but I don't think he's making a ton of money off these, anyway.

Well you have missed every important point in the argument. If the bands want people to hear their stuff it is their right. You just can't take someone else's hard work and sell it because you think people would like to hear it. Musicians aren't pathetic monkeys waiting to be acknowledged,they are hard working individuals to be respected and compensated.

I don't know about most of these bands but in every situation the band should be contacted and permission given and an arrangment worked out before any product is sold.

If the claim is that only two of the bands were released without their knowledge I am saying bullshit because I know better. In any case back to the original question, when Can the bands involved expect checks?
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read what Fowley posted, you would be aware that the projects that he administers himself he attempts to make contact, and actually does and gets approval the vast majority of the time. A few times he has not been able to contact the band and released it anyway (and a couple of these times permission was given after the fact). You would also know that Fowley clearly said that payment is given through CDs that the band can sell themselves. They agreed to it, that's payment. Just because they don't get a check doesn't mean they're not getting paid for their work. Of course, some of the releases aren't legit, and that's why a lot of people don't support those particular releases, but only the ones where they know that the band approves of the releases.
quietus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, as long as the band is contacted before and is agreed on no problem. Saying he tried to contact the band but couldn't and did it anyway to me is like saying you went to a store to get a carton of milk but the clerk wasn't at the register, so you just took it. It's thievery and disrespect.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dodens Grav"]If you read what Fowley posted, you would be aware that the projects that he administers himself he attempts to make contact, and actually does and gets approval the vast majority of the time. A few times he has not been able to contact the band and released it anyway (and a couple of these times permission was given after the fact). You would also know that Fowley clearly said that payment is given through CDs that the band can sell themselves. They agreed to it, that's payment. [/quote]

Payment to Bands are poorly bootlegged cd's,I have heard it all.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietus: I agree completely, as do many others, which is why we don't support the ones we know he didn't get band support for.

gravesnatcher wrote:
Payment to Bands are poorly bootlegged cd's,I have heard it all.

I don't really know what you're trying to say. King Fowley says "hey man, I want to release your CD, I'll give you X amount of copies to sell on your own as payment," then the band says okay, and he gives them the CDs. Is this not acceptable, even though the band consents to the payment? I don't think the band would accept the offer if they thought it was a shit deal, and if they did, it's their own damn fault for saying that it was okay in the first place, no? Or am I missing something else?
quietus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dodens Grav"]quietus: I agree completely, as do many others, which is why we don't support the ones we know he didn't get band support for.

I understand what you're saying, and acknowledge King as a true metal head no doubt, but for me there is no separating the two in my mind. You're either a bootlegger or your legit.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also bootlegs shirts. I bought a bunch from him back in 2001 at a fest.

So what Lars?
quietus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
He also bootlegs shirts. I bought a bunch from him back in 2001 at a fest.

So what Lars?

Again it's theft. The fact that you equate it with what Lars Ulrich has done is revealing about your understanding of not only ethics but the underground. Enjoy your shirts with the thorough knowledge that you have stolen from the bands you love so much. That's all.
kingfowley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

001 CIRITH UNGOL-LIVE 7" talked to band and they were fine. known rob garven forever. even asked me to do their liner notes in the cds.
002 WITCHFINDER GENERAL- BURNING A SINNER 7" 100% unofficial
003 RAT ATTACK-SILKSCREEN LP full permission
003 RAT ATTACK-STICKER LP COLORED VINYL full permission
004 OCTOBER 31-VISIONS OF THE END CD my band
005 BLESSED DEATH-KILL OR BE KILLED/DESTINED FOR EXTINCTION CD full permission from band
006 PREMONITION-WE ARE METAL CD full permission from band
007 OCTOBER 31-FIRE AWAITS YOU GOLD VINYL LP my band
008 GRIFFIN-FLIGHT OF THE GRIFFIN CD permission from hawk from band
009 WILD DOGS-WILD DOGS/MANS BEST FRIEND CD permission from jeff marks from band. later when band mates got mad at him he made up shit lies abouyt the deal. i called him out and he dropped it all. e knows what he agred too and got paid.
010 WILD DOGS-REIGN OF TERROR CD permission from jeff marks from band same deal as above
011 CITIES-ANNIHILATION ABSOLUTE CD received permission from sal
012 SENTINEL BEAST-DEPTHS OF DEATH CD ok'ed by mike spencer
013 LAAZ ROCKIT-CITIES GONNA BURN CD band said yes
014 XCURSION-READY TO ROLL CD no contact with band. i told mark slaughter years later and he thanked me for doing it. i sent him 10 copies. what he wanted. gave away hundreds for free as it sold jackshit.
015 WITHCROSS-FIT FOR FIGHT CD jan was fine with it.
016 OCTOBER 31-VISIONS OF THE END (RE-ISSUE W/BONUS TRACKS) CD my band
017 SOUND BARRIER-TOTAL CONTROL CD permission from spacey
018 LAAZ ROCKIT-NO STRANGER TO DANGER CD band approved
019 Q5-STEEL THE LIGHT CD no approval
020 AGGRESSION-THE FULL TREATMENT CD band approved
021 IRON ANGEL-HELLISH CROSSFIRE CD band approved
022 IRON ANGEL-WINDS OF WAR CD band approved
023 SORCERY-STUNTROCK CD band approved
024 SORCERY-2 CD band approved
025 LAAZ ROCKIT-ANNIHILATION PRINCIBLE CD band oked
026 WILD DOGS-BETTER LATE THEN NEVER CD matt oked it
027 RIGOR MORTIS-RIGOR MORTIS CD bruce oked it
028 LAAZ ROCKIT-KNOW YOUR ENEMY CD band oked it
029 DR. MASTERMIND-DR. MASTERMIND CD matt oked it
030 SLEEPY HOLLOW-THE LEGEND RETOLD VINYL EP bob oked it
031 LIEGE LORD-FREEDOMS RISE CD paul oked it
032 DEATHMASK-EXHUMATION CD band approved
033 BLESSED DEATH-KILL OR BE KILLED CD band approved after remembering they gave me right to release both individual later
034 SATAN’S HOST-METAL FROM HELL CD band approved
035 BLESSED DEATH ‘DESTINED FOR EXTINCTION’ CD i didn't put this out. this was booted from celtic records before i could put it out and he put my name and logo on it. only mentioned here as he put catalog # too. he alter died of a heart attack.
036 FINGERNAILS-TO HELL AND BACK CD band approved
037 TYRANT-LEGIONS OF THE DEAD CD band approved
038 TYRANT-TOO LATE TO PRAY CD band approved
039 MALTESE FALCON-METAL RUSH CD roadrunner approved
040 BLOODLUST 'GUILTY AS SIN' CD band approved
041 RAT ATTACK 'RAT ATTACK' CD band approved
042 FINGERNAILS 'DESTROY THE WESTERN WORLD' CD band approved
043 WITCH 'DAMNATION' CD band approved
044 PROUD 'FIRE BREAKS THE DAWN' CD licensed from emi
045 TSUNAMI 'TSUNAMI' CD approved
046 UNDERDOG 'RABIES IN TOWN' CD old manager approved and then rebutted later when ex band mates got mad at him..
047 KNIGHTMARE II 'SKELETAL REMAINS' CD band approved
048 BACKWATER 'REVELATION/FINAL STRIKE' CD band approved
049 VERMEFUG 'WET NIGHTMARE' CD band approved
050 NOT RELEASED YET
051 EXECUTIONER ‘IN THE NAME OF METAL’ CD band approved
052 HEAVEN 'BENT' CD allen freyer approved
053 HEAVEN 'KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR' CD allen approved
054 HEAVEN 'WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD' CD allen approved
055 TYRANT 'KING OF KINGS' CD band approved
056 HAMMER 'CONTRACT WITH HELL' CD band approved
057 JADE 'IF YOU'RE MAN ENOUGH' CD marie black approved it
058 HOLLAND ‘EARLY WARNING’ CD band approved
059 EXECUTIONER ‘BREAK THE SILENCE’ CD band approved
060 FAST KUTZ ‘BURNIN’ CD band approved

very few are 'bootlegs' at all. the cd presses got better as we learned to make em better. early on me and friends got ahead of ourselves. tried to rock before it was time. some of these bands HATED their ex labels for fucking them over and thanked me for doing what they wanted to do. sometimes they couldn't speak on behalf of these records cuz of legalities and they didnt want to open cans of worms. every band minus w.g and q5 were paid either $ or cd copies. their call. wasn't out to rip anyone off or do shit. wanted music to be heard. if im gonna bootleg shit to make money it sure as fuck wasn't gonna be xcursion or sound barrier cds in 1999. no one gave a fuck. i sold less then 100 of each. didn't even break even. sent sound barrier band 400 cds as they were just sitting in my garage.
most copies ever sold of anything here was my own band oct 31. sold 1500 copies of 'visions' . non my bands best seller was witch at exactly 800 cd copies sold.

saw this online and wanted to comment.

cheers!

king
ION BRITTON

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satan's Host is a bootleg too. Patrick Evil never received any form of payment for the CDs (at least that's what he told me a few years ago at Keep It True Festival). On the other hand, he said that the guy from Horror Records paid him for the LP reissues and was generally very professional.

I don't get this "x member oked it" either. One ok from a single member means that the whole band approves it??

Also, what the hell do you mean by "paul oked" Liege Lord's Freedom's Rise CD reissue?? Paul Nelson wasn't even a member of the band at that time.
king fowley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pat indeed got copies of satans host cds, plenty of them. he came to me to put it out, sent me tons of stuff for it.
not other way around. even wanted me to put out later cds after i did this one because he was so happy with it. sounds like he got confused! 100% fact i type!!!! and i know he'd get tons more from horror records in payoffs, heavy metal is 'in' again right now. there's money to be made NOW. but you tell me how far along in 1998 it all was when i did old metal records and did releases by sound barrier, rat attack, xcursion, etc etc , cuz i know how far and few it was on people interested in it in those times. i didn't' care cuz it's not about money in the least to me, it's about the music. i walked out on relapse records contracts and metal blade contracts cuz they ONLY cared about the $ in thhe end. i tore the contracts up and moved on. i'm just not interested. anyone that really knows me knows how i feel on all of this.

as for liege lord... Paul was doing all liege lord work for them at the time for all records. and indeed i know he isn't on 'freedom's rise'. he gave me go ahead to do it on band's behalf, and i put it out. i later talked with other guys who had a falling out with paul (as he was making alot of decisions without their consent) and we were all cool and realized paul was fucking them. paul got dropped from both our sides for being a lying fuck up. liege lord are good friends and we have done plenty of gigs together inlcuding k.i.t last year.

as for getting a guys consent. you do realize that not everyone in every band makes all decisions? someone speaks on their behalf, with DECEASED it's me for example. some guys in bands could care elss for business side of things or 'decisions'. i talk to a 'leader' of a band/project and he does that groundwork to talk with other guys on the offer. and we proceed from there.

alot of people were legally fucked by their labels for signing bad contracts.
i as a fellow musician side with the musicians on their music and i told them if they were ok i was ok with releasing it. sometimes they have to go 'mouth shut' due to signed contracts and keep things under the radar. i've had direct talks with many labels on things i did from brian slagel and metal blade to mike varney and shrapnel to people at columbia records for the heaven titles. its never been much an issue as most labels have moved on or even embarrassed by past titles they put out. varney is a born again christian and wasn't keen on wild dogs being out with song titles like 'evil in me' . sure some will get greed pig blood (mike varney claimed 10,000 cds of wild dogs were made and SOLD when in fact it was 500 pressed in total of first 3 so we got him on the right page) so we talk things out.

so many bands have bootleg product out that they never got paid for. big label stuff at that! riot got fucked by metal blade. those restless breed/born in america cds were manufactured away from them and they got nothing.mark reale told me about 5-6 years ago he was very upset about them and wasn't even asked. briAn did the deal with old manager steve loeb behind their backs. its a crazy world in all of this. i bet no one accuses metal blade of being bootleggers, yet the band got fucked by 'unofficial' cds made by the label without their consent... a.k.a bootlegs. but this is the facts from me to you on my old metal records 'doings'. i got nothing to hide EVER. every cd release i did had my phone # and my home address printed right on them.

cheers

King

p.s i just sent this message to patrick evil via fb...

hey man its king fowley of deceased and old metal. read this online that you said i never gave you cds/payment for satans host when we put it out. ????? i did as always with anyone a 100% straight up deal with you. i'm confused by this ??? a guy told me you told him at keep it true you didnt get cds from me and it was bullshit ???? that's not even close to the truth. i gave you 150 cds if i remember quantity exact (it's been years) and you were beyond happy with that and then asked me to put out more titles for you of s.h, which we never made happen. please explain i feel my name is being slung through the mud here. thanks, king!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: