P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sunn O)))
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch339 wrote:
hahaha, that is exactly why I posted this question on THIS forum and not there. I figured I could get a response from people who have similar musical taste.

I was lurking around the forum the other day and it seems like a bunch of emos who don't listen to metal at all...

Anyways I picked up the Black One CD and the Boris/SunnO))) split 3LP...we'll see if I like them, if not, theyll shortly be on my tradelist Razz

If you don't like that boris/sunn 0))), i'd probably buy it from you.
duff138

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch339 wrote:
hahaha, that is exactly why I posted this question on THIS forum and not there. I figured I could get a response from people who have similar musical taste.

I was lurking around the forum the other day and it seems like a bunch of emos who don't listen to metal at all...

Anyways I picked up the Black One CD and the Boris/SunnO))) split 3LP...we'll see if I like them, if not, theyll shortly be on my tradelist Razz

buying Altar because you want to check out Sunn 0))) may not be the best idea. There's elements of Sunn 0))) in it, but it's not Sunn 0))).
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the trade list section. i have this stuff given to me from soma himself. all for trade cause i dont like it. Laughing
Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased the Sunn/Boris 3xlp and the new full length Oracle. I am awaiting them from Southern Lord now. Its the first time i'm buying some of thier things, but what i have heard from friends that had a few lp's and cd's, i throughly enjoyed it. The best thing i have heard from them yet was the live cd they recorded entitled The Libations of Samhain that was great work and production.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're awesome live....very moving....but their records are a drag...at least they are to me ...puts me right to sleep...boris is great though
Mitch339

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I definitely enjoyed the 3LP aswell as the Black One CD. I even decided to order "Oracle" aswell. This is definitely a band worth checking out if your looking for something different. On the southern lord sampler CD i received with my order, there were some other bands I also thought sounded pretty decent: Boris, The Hidden Hand and Wolves In the Throne Room. So I might pick up some stuff from them within the near future.
cannibal_riot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White 1 is good, but Black 1 is a killer, ignore the hype on the SL forum, they are just trying to out-metal each other and dismiss each other as 'Nigel -Hipster's'. Thoroughly pathetic.
noah thirteen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
they're awesome live....very moving....but their records are a drag...at least they are to me ...puts me right to sleep...boris is great though

I feel the exact opposite myself, their live show was visually interesting but after an hour I was kind of bored and I felt like shit from the fog machine.... really cool show overall though, they played in a converted church which is probably the best place ever for a Sunn 0))) show.

I go through periods where I just want to hear noise, rather than music and putting Sunn or Earth on for a few hours is really exactly what I want, I don't listen to them all the time, but I do really appreciate what they're doing.

The SL forums though...... blech. I am registered there and to me it's just a bunch of people more interested in the collectible aspect of what's being released than anything else, there was a fucking threads on the new Oracle record and it was 53 PAGES LONG, 800+ POSTS and I don't think they mentioned the music once, just how rare the version they had was. I feel kind of bad for people who worship that much at the collectible aspect of it more than anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: