P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Occult Literature
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those booklets from Ixaxaar, it is nothing amazing or exceptional..But there are some books that are worth the money.
SepticSchizo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember buying a book on amazon, named : Satanology, and thougt I was in for a good and itresting read. Turns out it was a christian publication from the 18th century. YAWN.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperative Coronation wrote:
Là-Bas by Huysmans is brilliant, one of the best books I've read.

Same here.

I have little to no interest in the occult these days, but Jeremy Christner's books are always a good read.
Titanic Furor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stores.lulu.com/theheresypress
harmless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
harmless wrote:
abdul al hazred (i heard he read a lot!).

You're joking? That guy is an invention of HPL.

I was actually joking. Hence my joke at the end.
harmless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
So, ONA - "sinister revolution" or MI6 honeytrap organisation?
well, if you want to go there don't you have to look at combat 18 and take things from there?
hate is the law

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone read "the black arts" by richard cavendish

has chapters on demonology, numerology, astrology, worshiping the devil, and alchemy.

decent read of introductory stuff.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Là-Bas by Huysmans is brilliant, one of the best books I've read. But you're being a bit vague with 'Occult literature'. Do you want fiction or nonfiction?

Primarily nonfiction, without any Goetia-like pandering to the Abrahimic god. What is Là-Bas? Is it in French only?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
xk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Tool have pretty occult lyrics.

BELLUM INTERNECINUM
BOOK BURNING

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Là-Bas by Huysmans is brilliant, one of the best books I've read. But you're being a bit vague with 'Occult literature'.

Absolutely agree. A classic masterpiece without a doubt.
Not occult literature with the meaning of practical occultism but certainly a spectacular occult influenced novel.
global deathrape

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you guys do with this stuff - cast grim spells and concoct potions in your basement? Okay, that was facetious, but honestly this stuff seems like total bullshit to me, like a religious substitute for those who reject religion.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

global deathrape wrote:
So what do you guys do with this stuff - cast grim spells and concoct potions in your basement? Okay, that was facetious, but honestly this stuff seems like total bullshit to me, like a religious substitute for those who reject religion.

I was interested in this shit as a teenager, but grew out of it. Went to college for philosophy and got my transcendence that way. Nowadays I think it's interesting on some level, but generally meaningless. I have no use for it, anyway. Doesn't mean someone else doesn't have some use for it, though.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the word for irreligious people who, despite complaining about the enforcement of religion upon their person, feel the constant need to harp on about being irreligious?
masters_throne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Là-Bas by Huysmans is brilliant, one of the best books I've read. But you're being a bit vague with 'Occult literature'. Do you want fiction or nonfiction?

Primarily nonfiction, without any Goetia-like pandering to the Abrahimic god. What is Là-Bas? Is it in French only?

no, in german it is "tief unten", english: down there. what a great book. influenced me alot for the lyrics of "in hora mortis"...I've also wrote a review about that book in one earlier issue of hellpike...

there a plenty of great books, of course...

here's the review (hellpike #14):

„TIEF UNTEN“ (Down There) – J.K. Huysmans
Hu, just few days before Erik of Watain answered his interview and mentioned „La Bas“ (Down There) as a book he´s reading rightnow I´ve bought that same book, too! The German title is „TIEF UNTEN“. I have a little „reclam“-issue of this book (you all know those sweet yellow books) and the price was only 7,10 EUR!!)...
Joris-Karl Huysmans book is a historical-roman and main-persons are the fictive author Durtal (who writes a book about Baron de Retz, better known as Gilles de Rais), des Hermies (the real model for this figur was Michel de Lezinier, a doctor who had enormous knowledge of Medicine, esoterics and occultism. For the world exihibition 1889 in Paris he even built a reconstruction of an medieval alchemy labour as well), Madam Maubel, Hyacinthe Chantelouve, Cerhaix (the bellringer) and some more! Durtal is writting a book about de Rais, with the intention to do a correct looking back of de Rais life and his cruel deeds without any falsifications (a thing other (christian) authors did not in the past).
Currently, „Tief Unten“ is telling two stories in one book; the life of de Raiz and the story of Durtal. This book is a fictive journey trough medieval and 19th century occultism/satanism and you´ll meet between those lines historical persons like Urbain Grandier, Eliphas Levi, Madame de Montespan, Jakob Sprenger, the Catharians/Albigensians (and their often mentioned „manichäism“ believe/system who was one of the reasons for their burnings in the past) and many, many more! Fictive and sometimes not really correct written but the right comparisons are to read at the end of the book! The highlights of this book are without doubt some quotations (e.g.: de Rais last words, etc.), the descriptions and mystical thoughts about old sacred bells, des Hermies view about dust (very excellent written), the remark of different maggots who´re eating different decaying flesh, the long and deep description of a picture of I.N.R.I.´s impalement (using real evil words and giving an unholy atmosphere), Durtals discovery of a new and really infernal sin, etc., etc. etc.!! A negative thing is the boring start only, but after few pages it´s getting really interesting. I would throw this decandent written book in the same direction like Satres´ „Ekel“ („Disgust“) and Süßkinds´ „Das Parfüm“ („The Parfume“, which is announced to come as a movie soon) and has more than a touch of (the later formed) negative existentialism by these French peoples, yet it is also romantical written sometimes (I guess every french author after 1778 got at least a bit inspired by Jean-Jacquess Rousseau)!! Here is something about Huysmans´ life which I´ve found also in an older book of mine (maybe someone will remember the Matthew Hopkins (Witchfinder General) article which I´ve wrote for Hellpike #4), the sources are taken from that same book „Witchcraft and Demonology“ (German title: „Hexen und Dämonen“), a not so strong book written by Francis X. King, yet it has many good illustrations included (which also appeared here and there in different Hellpike issues) but here we go: Huysmans´, a romancier who didn´t believe for a very long time in any gods participated on some Black Masses and saw this cruel happenings during those masses with his full interest. After some troubles with strong magicans he decided to re-join the Catholic Church and he even visited for a long time a monastery to show the church that his will to rejoin is „true“! After some nights in this monastery he got visited by a Succubi and he told that this wasn´t an illusion/dream (his „proof“ was a chaotic looking bed and the big ejaculate he had...which of course was stolen from the Succubus). Later he got some more troubles and it reached its peak with a war between some rival groups of different magicans. Husymans´friend Abbé Boullan (you should know this guy, he murdered his own child on a Black Mass and was also the real model of the figur in „La Bas“ called „Dr. Johannes“!) died in the evening of January, 3rd 1893 by some weird circumstances after he felt to suffocate and heard the screams of a black angel of death in the morning!

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
harmless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

global deathrape wrote:
yes. do your dice have even rounds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: