P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Astrofaes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Astrofaes Reply with quote

Influenced by the creation of the recent Hate Forest appreciation topic I thought I'd bring up Astrofaes. I cannot grasp why Astrofaes aren't commonly brought up in conversation as their The Eyes Of The Beast, Those Whose Past Is Immortal and Idea.Form.Essence albums are top notch. Focus is generally on Drudkh and Hate Forest/Blood of Kingu, with little attention diverting across to Astrofaes, who I find superior. Thurios' vocals and the ferocity of the music is what really appeals and it seems more indulging than anything Hate Forest ever did, and what Blood of Kingu are doing now.
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides Hate Forest, these are my fav amongst all said names. Completely overlooked for no good reason.
Descension

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are indeed much better than DRUDKH.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, the large foray of great bands from the Ukraine is ridiculous. You've got YGG, Nokturnal Mortum, Drudkh, Hate Forest, Kladovest, Khors, Astrofaes, Dub Buk and a torrent more, though Astrofaes never really get a look in. At times, yes, but nowhere near as much as they should get mentioned.

Edit: And Kroda/Dragobrath

Last edited by AmaLurra on Wed May 18, 2011 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DTBRex

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good band indeed, and ought to be not less acknowledged than other Black-/Pagan Metal-bands from Ukraine.

Maybe a better distribution and/or promotion in Europe would help Astrofaes to receive more attention from over here?

European Black Metal-scene is now as before obsessed with anything from Scandinavia, not rightly so as it seems to me though...
Speerhead

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Those Whose Past is Immortal sounding more like a proper follow up to Autumn Aurora than Swan Road did.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astrofaes were signed to Supernal and had their last LP put out by the label and then had that DVD released by Negative Existence, so their stuff is 'out there'. I'm not sure if it's because of the nature of their sound, which is hardly as elegant as Drudkh or as monolithic as some Hate Forest work, which causes people to just sort of avoid them. They undoubtedly deserve more attention.
Mirror

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
I mean, the large foray of great bands from the Ukraine is ridiculous. You've got YGG, Nokturnal Mortum, Drudkh, Hate Forest, Kladovest, Khors, Astrofaes, Dub Buk and a torrent more, though Astrofaes never really get a look in. At times, yes, but nowhere near as much as they should get mentioned.

Edit: And Kroda/Dragobrath

Please cut out Dub Buk, that band is just pure shit imo. One of the worst bands ever.

DTBRex wrote:
It's a good band indeed, and ought to be not less acknowledged than other Black-/Pagan Metal-bands from Ukraine.

Maybe a better distribution and/or promotion in Europe would help Astrofaes to receive more attention from over here?

European Black Metal-scene is now as before obsessed with anything from Scandinavia, not rightly so as it seems to me though...

Scandinavia, that is true. Despite that Nokturnal Mortum has quit some fans overhere. The other bands don't get much attention which is sad. And yes, Ukraine seems very productive. But there is also a lot of incest with bandmembers so yeah...it's just a few dudes hahaha.

global deathrape wrote:
Makes about as much sense as white power hip hop.
Mysticus

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally someone mentioned this band. One of the best bands from Ukraine but they are totally overlooked... even though their last album "Idea, Form, Essence" seems to be pretty different from the previous ones. "Heritage" rules!!! By the way I still have their tapes for sale...

ASTROFAES (Ukr) - Nasledie/Heritage [tape album] - 2 €
ASTROFAES (Ukr) - The Attraction: Heavens and Earth [demo] - 2 €
ASTROFAES – Those, Whose Past is Immortal [tape album] - 2 €
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped you a PM about those tapes!
DTBRex

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least for ZOGermany, I can tell you that many "Black Metal-Fans" avoid bands from Eastern Europe (from among the friends/projects of Nokturnal Mortum in particular) because they believe them to be "Nazi". Rolling Eyes
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft Rolling Eyes. They don't know what they're missing out on.

@Mirror. Dub Buk took me a while to get into. Was a bit on the fence at first, though their work grew on me. Don't listen to them a lot, but they give a nice listen every so often. Not bothered with their new album, mind.
plague

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Astrofaes Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
recent Hate Forest appreciation topic

was this deleted?

i think the easiest explanation for astrofaes glaring lack of infamy is that they simply have the least unique sound among all saenko's projects and therefore are often overlooked.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe Saenko was ever in Astrofaes? Thurious is (does vocals in Drudkh and also guitars I think) though, as is Amorth, who used to be in Drudkh too.

I have no idea, though I swear a Hate Forest thread was recently created. That or I dreamt the whole fucking thing becuase I'm aggreived at the lack of attention Astrofaes receive! Laughing
BLASTzine

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a good band. I don't think they are so overlooked any more - their Ideas.Form.Essence album received a decent amount of attention I remember. Maybe the fact that they were most widely distributed on tape, and relatively few people still buy tapes (even in metal) these days. Anyway, Eyes of the Beast is my favourite from them.

I also have several tapes to sell (only one or two copies of each now though):
http://www.akousmatikoiunderground.cjb.net/tapeindex.html

Astrofaes - Eyes of the Beast
Astrofaes - Those Whose Past is Immortal
Astrofaes - The Attraction: Heaven & Hell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: