P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Hails BLACK WITCHERY!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatred

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Hails BLACK WITCHERY!! Reply with quote

Another one of my all time favorite extreme black death speed desecrationslaught metal of war band!!

2 questions...
first, Archgoat/BlackWitchery live lp... not out yet?
second, Is it possible to find their third full-lenght album in this year?

Hails BLACK WITCHERY
harmless

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what label will release their third magnum opus?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemous Underground's latest news about AG/BW split:

Quote:

The ARCHGOAT / BLACK WITCHERY live communion will be sent to press very shortly. This split LP will be jointly released under the banners of both Blasphemous Underground and Osmose Productions, with each label handling half of the pressing. Featured will be the live rituals of both bands at Bitterfeld Open Air during their 2007 "Desecration and Sodomy" tour.

So it shouldn't take very long unless something comes by.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm totally out of the loop - aren't they still signed to Osmose? Logic suggests they would release the 3rd BW full length..
harmless

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dhorshonkari wrote:
Unless I'm totally out of the loop - aren't they still signed to Osmose? Logic suggests they would release the 3rd BW full length..
let's not jump to any conclusions here. Laughing
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live "abums" are fucking unnecessary, be it King Diamond, Morbid Angel or Black Witchery. Especially something like Black Witchery... I'm kinda lost as to WHY anyone would want to purchase a live release of theirs. Most likely for devilkult diehard I_LOVE_PENIS points.

Did anyone else think Upheaval of Satanic Might was a demo level piece of shit, while Desecration of the Holy Kindom was amazingly panzergodly?? Smile
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dhorshonkari wrote:

Did anyone else think Upheaval of Satanic Might was a demo level piece of shit, while Desecration of the Holy Kindom was amazingly panzergodly?? Smile

hell yeah, i think desecration... is far better than the 2nd full-length as well...
illomen

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcueil wrote:
Dhorshonkari wrote:

hell yeah, i think desecration... is far better than the 2nd full-length as well...

that was my initial response...it took many listens to discern the song structures but once i did i enjoyed the brutality of the the recording and found the album to be a far better work of bestial destruction than i originally believed it was. i still dont think it surpasses desecration of the holy kingdom, but its clear that they were departing from that sound on upheaval of satanic might. i encourage you to listen a few more times if you havent already...
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think war metal bands should only be allowed to release one album...haha! Desecrating is amazing and anything further is just redundant IMO.
illomen

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I think war metal bands should only be allowed to release one album...haha! Desecrating is amazing and anything further is just redundant IMO.

i disagree...i think black witchery moreso than many bands, has limited their output in order to prevent oversaturation. furthermore, they made an effort to alter their style to avoid stagnation. i can understand not liking the second album but i think your assessment here is completely wrong...upheaval of satanic might may not be as storng of a release, but black witchery's output is not redundant.
illomen

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, black witchery is without question one of the most brutal live bands i have ever seen. i saw them a few years ago in los angeles and it was pure evil.
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
i disagree...i think black witchery moreso than many bands, has limited their output in order to prevent oversaturation. furthermore, they made an effort to alter their style to avoid stagnation. i can understand not liking the second album but i think your assessment here is completely wrong...upheaval of satanic might may not be as storng of a release, but black witchery's output is not redundant.

Well said J.

And BW, in my opinion anyway, is hardly just another "war metal" band. Even though U.O.S.M. didn't 'do it' for me, I will maintain that they actually know how to write good SONGS.

I'll probably get soooo much heat for saying this on this particular forum: if any bands should be lmited to one album it's all these Blasphemy / Beherit ripoff clone crap like Proclamation, Goatvomit etc. I just don't see the attraction. Rolling Eyes
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
Sarcueil wrote:
Dhorshonkari wrote:

that was my initial response...it took many listens to discern the song structures but once i did i enjoyed the brutality of the the recording and found the album to be a far better work of bestial destruction than i originally believed it was. i still dont think it surpasses desecration of the holy kingdom, but its clear that they were departing from that sound on upheaval of satanic might. i encourage you to listen a few more times if you havent already...

well i haven't said that upheaval is shit or whatsoever; i just tend to like desecration.. a lot better.both records are pretty descent black art pieces for sure.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll probably get soooo much heat for saying this on this particular forum: if any bands should be lmited to one album it's all these Blasphemy / Beherit ripoff clone crap like Proclamation, Goatvomit etc. I just don't see the attraction.

HEAT!

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

masters_throne

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++ HEAT

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: