P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Krisiun new album! featuring "Black Force Domain"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Krisiun new album! featuring "Black Force Domain" Reply with quote

from krisiun.com.br:

The new Krisiun-LP "The Great Execution“ will be released October 31st – and this time, it really is a “long player”: with a total duration of more than 60 minutes (the limited version includes a bonus track and will even be 67 minutes long), the album, which was produced by Andy Classen, offers an unusually great deal of metal for your money. And an extra dose of diversity on top.

Since the beginning of their career about 20 years ago, the three Brazilian brothers have been telling us that they want to mix up their Highspeed-Hightech-Deathmetal with catchy midtempo-sections more often, making it more interesting and diverse. On their past albums, this was usually accomplished with a few slower alibi-riffs, while the rest of the respective albums established new records in terms of speed. Of course, this was all performed on an extremely high technical level and interstratified by enough catchy sections to enthuse almost every Death-Metal-Fan (and others) – but it was also quite predictable and not very exciting.

“The Great Execution” now indeed takes it one step further as it shows a surprisingly high number of midtempo-sections that make the (of course still dominating) eruptions of speed appear even more extreme and brutal. There’s much more diversity going on; otherwise, the album would have been much too long und monotonous. But like this it seems that the guys finally found the ideal mixture; time just flew by when the band recently presented their new album to a selected crowd of journalists in Dortmund’s Metal-Bar “Die Burg”, in the presence of producer Andy Classen. Every face was covered with honest enthusiasm; the three sinister-looking but totally endearing brothers were visibly proud of their work.

“We made sure indeed this time that the song writing would be more variable – both with regard to tempo as well as with regard to the arrangements”, Max answers the question of what the main difference is between the new album and its forerunners. “We are still very much into the fast parts, but breaking up the fast parts with the slower ones definitely worked on this record. Everyone who heard it so far says so.”

But that modification of sound didn’t progress under pressure, as Max accentuates: “Everything, we do comes straight from our hearts. That’s the way this band works.”

And you can really hear that immediately! All the specific KRISIUN-trademarks – Moyses’ characteristic riffs, Max’s Lombardo/Sandoval-like drumming and Alex’s unique Death-Metal-vocals – are also omnipresent on “The Great Execution”. The tremendous musical sense and the high technical standard of their work in general has no influence on the catchiness or the brutality of the songs. To illustrate this, the band recorded a remake of their old classic ´Black Force Domain´, which easily tops the original recording.
“That’s the song everyone wants to hear from us all the time. The new version of the song proves that we gained heaviness over our career and never lost connection to our roots.”

Is there anyone who ever doubted this, Max? I guess not.

More dates and killer news will be posted soon!
ANGELDEATH - death metal --> for fans of Krisiun, Centurian, Defaced Creation, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Luciferion, Immortal, Necrophobic, Hate Eternal, Deicide, Diabolic, Rebaelliun, Throneaeon, Angelcorpse

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Last edited by AngeldeathGreg on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 am; edited 8 times in total
Ximénes de Cisneros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerecordings are never a good idea. Also, this band has sucked for quite a few years now, though their first few albums are pretty good. Also also, what's an "alibi-riff"?
nonwave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UH, i don't know about this. remaking "black force domain" - an already perfect album - sounds like a really stupid idea. it'll probably be about as shitty as all these stupid remake fillms that come out. if they do the horrible, sterile production they've had on their latter albums, this is a total waste of time.

why don't they just write some new, good music since they haven't done any in so long?
Mutilated

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ximénes de Cisneros wrote:
Rerecordings are never a good idea. Also, this band has sucked for quite a few years now, though their first few albums are pretty good.

Agree. First 3 albums are good. The others are horrible in my opinion.
MortalScum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another statement from the band:
"KRISIUN only used analog gear and instruments this time to avoid the compressed sound that so many musicians produce today. This wise decision resulted in a more organic sound, with the songs on "The Great Execution" possessing both warmth and rawness, which are so often lost through digital production. The low end is deeper, with drums that pound instead of bounce and guitar tones that sear rather than hiss"

and apparently this is the album art

ogmetal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use analog equipment to warm my home during the winter. It works a lot better than digital.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually really curious to hear what it sounds like. Their new version of "They Call Me Death" that they included on the "Conquerors of Armageddon" reissue came out pretty cool.

The main thing that I'm looking forward to is being able to hear the instruments clearer, especially the guitar riffs, and also to hear what it sounds like when played tighter. The live versions all over youtube are all excellent. The main thing that I think will make or break it will be whether Moyses can conjure the same diabolic tension and ascending energy with the solo at the end of the song. If that isn't nailed, then the song will fall flat at its termination, despite that it may have been great up through to that point.

Personally, I would've liked them to re-do something like "Hunter of Souls", "Messiah of the Double Cross", "Obsession by Evil Force" or "Sacrifice of the Unborn" because those songs all have a lot of really awesome totally Krisiun rythmic mind-fucks. And, more than anything else, they play "Black Force Domain" live; they don't play ANYTHING else from that album, and haven't probably since Apocalyptic Revelation came out. So, I'd like to just be able to hear a new version of a song, just to have something else to experience it with.

Its like your hot girlfriend.... yeah, the one outfit she looks really great in is awesome, but you want to be able to see her in other hot outfits too. It just adds a different dimension.

More than anything else, though, I wish they would re-record the most under-rated Krisiun classic, "Summons of Irreligious". Track 5 of off "Unmerciful Order". That shit is so killer, so badass... that and "Agonize The Ending" are the only 2 tracks that haven't gotten some new life by being re-recorded (like "Meaning of Terror" and "Rises From Black" on Apocalyptic Revelation) or as bonus tracks (like "They Call Me Death", "Unmerciful Order", "Crosses Towards Hell" and "Infected Core" remasters on Bloodshed).

"They Call Me Death" has 3 versions now: the original, a remaster, and a re-recording. And I think theres far better songs from Unmerciful Order.

And for as awesome as the redone version of "Meaning of Terror" is on Apocalyptic Revelation, that song is almost even more obscured by the squashed guitar tone on that album; the riffs are even less discernible than on Unmerciful Order. That song is so killer, too... I wish they still played that. The breakdown tom tom build up is fucking PURE Krisiun death metal violence.

Messiah of the double CROSSSSSSS!!!!
ANGELDEATH - death metal --> for fans of Krisiun, Centurian, Defaced Creation, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Luciferion, Immortal, Necrophobic, Hate Eternal, Deicide, Diabolic, Rebaelliun, Throneaeon, Angelcorpse

HotBlack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait! I was just thinking it about time these guys put out something new...
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will pick this up like all of Krisiun's albums except for Works of Carnage.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Krisiun's first 3 albums are incredible. The 4th one has a TON of awesome stuff on it, but the production... its tough. Its not *AS* bad as everyone always makes it out to be, but man...those kick blocks, errr... kick drums.... haha

The thing about Krisiun is that, although they have progressed and I'm not a very big fan of their last 4 albums (Works of Carnage, Bloodshed EP, Assassination, Southern Storm) and the style of mid-tempo groove they've incorporated, I deeply deeply respect them, because the change has been natural, unforced, and personally motivated.

Rather than deliberately try something different, to see what happens, the band actually became more self-aware and made a decision about what they like to do, and what they want to do.

There's an interview in the January 2004 Metal Maniacs from when they put out "Works of Carnage" that basically sums it all up:

Metal Maniacs: How would you compare Works of Carnage to your previous albums?

Moyses Kolesne: You gain maturity after touring a lot. We've learned so much. We play so much better now. We've played for such huge crowds. We've seen how people react; we've seen how the dynamics of the groove works. We've learned to work more into the groove, into the dynamics of the music itself. We used to only go for the fast wild stuff all the time. Works of Carnage is easier to understand, its easier to get into. I think the other albums were a lot of chaos. We're still chaotic but theres more of a groove and we tried to achieve a heavier production. It's really straightforward, not so many riffs. The musical structure is simpler. I don't know how to describe this. I just know that we've grown up a lot.

So I think that really says it all. Its natural, and it was going to happen. I honestly think that they're probably one of the greatest death metal bands ever, in terms of working hard to achieve their success, evolving naturally according to their perceptions of their music and what they want to do, and doing this evolution with integrity and authenticity. I may not personally enjoy it as much as their first 3 albums, but there is nothing wrong with the music, because its completely honest and true.

Personally, I'm a little dismayed because Southern Storm has a lot of really vicious blast beat sections, and I really wish they would still explore that area, because I think they absolutely still have their vitality in that area. But then again, maybe this is exactly what they were out to achieve anyway: a greater appreciation for the blastbeats, by being broken up and highlighted through the incorporation of slower parts and more variety.

Lutfor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something to like about every Krisiun album, just less so with Ageless Venomous. That's their Stillborn, their Breeding the Spawn: castrated by the studio.

Utter revulsion for what I've done.

You don't want the Butt Kraken!
Bring on the Krappen!

Slaughter wrote:
Why isn't Goatlord being mentioned? Is it too fast or something?
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Krisiun made the same lp about 7 times, so now that I am reading they mixed with tempos etc I am looking forward to hearing this!!!

They are better live IMO too, really hard and powerful.
AngeldeathGreg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you really ought to go back and check their stuff out, because only their last couple records could be said to be similar to each other. Their first 4, even first 5 records are totally different and unique.

If anything, I'd say that Black Force Domain and Apocalyptic Revelation are the closest, simply because the guitar riffs are kind of the same, stylistically speaking with a predominance of speed-picked single note riffs, but thats it really...

blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3/4ths of your posts are tl;dr.
That is all I have to contribute to this thread about a death metal band way past its prime.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly predictable that one of the few people on here who posts positive, enthusiastic and non-cynical views about music he is clearly very passionate about gets shot down by other posters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: