P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Czech...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
illomen
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found a cd called "hospital of death" by "section brain" for $5. czech thrash from the early 90's. didnt know who they were but it looked interesting so i bought it. turned out to sound less interesting than it looked.

anybody know anything about this band?
Back to top
Chicken_Dance



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 708
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some other good bands that you should listen to:

- DARK (especially Sex 'n Death LP, if you can find it. :p)
- Brian
- Vitacit
- Moriorr
- Leprocide (Kryptor project - excellent DM)
- Terminator (their first LP is great and not so rare if you look hard)
- Motorband
- Krabathor

I will give another nod to Amon.. Their first three demo tapes are excellent.

There is plenty more. Czech is where I concentrate most of my collecting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FuneralCircle



Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken_Dance wrote:

There is plenty more. Czech is where I concentrate most of my collecting.


Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!

And I can certainly see why - Perhaps one of the strongest countries for Metal. So many fantastic bands!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2687
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get hold of the Rockmapa compilation lp. (Torr/Vitacit/Motorband etc.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chicken_Dance



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 708
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thats a good point.

The rockmapa (there are several LPs and a collection of over 20 7"), Death Metal Session, and UltraMetal (there are three that I know of on vinyl) compilations are VERY good items for hearing some of the best old Czech metal bands.

globus also did a few comp. LPs with some good bands like Loretta (all female), Ciment and Drakar.

Also, another great band (with ROOT guitarist, who wanted to experiment with heavier/faster/more-extreme music): ENTRAILS. Look for the split LP with Necroflesh.

Happy collecting. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ichor



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 758

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVENGER's "Shadows of the damned" blew me away to pieces when it was first out
_________________
Good traders: 0%cured, Cutterofgums, s.charlach, peterott, ins88, Mysticus, HELLTHRASHER, CR99
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FuneralCircle



Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken_Dance wrote:
Yes, thats a good point.

The rockmapa (there are several LPs and a collection of over 20 7"), Death Metal Session, and UltraMetal (there are three that I know of on vinyl) compilations are VERY good items for hearing some of the best old Czech metal bands.

globus also did a few comp. LPs with some good bands like Loretta (all female), Ciment and Drakar.

Also, another great band (with ROOT guitarist, who wanted to experiment with heavier/faster/more-extreme music): ENTRAILS. Look for the split LP with Necroflesh.

Happy collecting. Cool


Thanks for that - Those rockmapa compilations sound quite good. Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9610
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken_Dance wrote:

- DARK (especially Sex 'n Death LP, if you can find it. :p).


the tape is easy to find for a few bucks so go for that version

despite what some people say I think Maniac Butcher are great, esp. the first albums up to Cerna Krev. I like Barbarians most. The guitar tone is incredibly fucked up there. Also that cover & the caramel +fake horse+barbarud on Lucan Antikrist are one of my top 10 cheesiest crap bm covers of all time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avrlabel



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 3427

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Chicken_Dance wrote:

- DARK (especially Sex 'n Death LP, if you can find it. :p).


the tape is easy to find for a few bucks so go for that version

despite what some people say I think Maniac Butcher are great, esp. the first albums up to Cerna Krev. I like Barbarians most. The guitar tone is incredibly fucked up there. Also that cover & the caramel +fake horse+barbarud on Lucan Antikrist are one of my top 10 cheesiest crap bm covers of all time


I like Maniac Butcher also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ancient_Tyranny



Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 818
Location: Stormarn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all you Maniac Butcher lovers Wink

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=_4yRIf9XLrU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9610
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know. thats what i like most about this band
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FuneralCircle



Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancient_Tyranny wrote:
For all you Maniac Butcher lovers Wink

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=_4yRIf9XLrU


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iron tyrant



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 2380
Location: ITALIA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken_Dance wrote:

Also, another great band (with ROOT guitarist, who wanted to experiment with heavier/faster/more-extreme music): ENTRAILS. Look for the split LP with Necroflesh.


That was my first vinyl release as Iron Tyrant. I guess you can find it cheap in some obscure distros.
_________________
Into the Menstrual Night We Go-o, Hey-Ho, Hey-Ho...

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4659
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can organise an ex copy of both Let Draka LP and The Flight Of The Dragon LP for 15 Euros each plus the postal costs for sending the LP from Germany. Anyone interested in either or both of the LPs shall PM me.
_________________
Tradelist + Good Traders:
www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pestkrieg



Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 1227

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group