P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ophthalamia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Ophthalamia Reply with quote

I've been told that a russian version of the first album " A journey " in darkness " exists in CD and Tape . Is that true ? if yes , who knows how to find it ? Pictures would be apreciated .
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is real one... Made on one of those labels that makes hungred of legal CD reissues.. to be exactly label called Irond and it is totally legal(though for sales inside russia not outside for special price).. It is even still avaible: http://www.soundcheck.ru/products/3146/ Not sure about tape version though....
Years before those legal licensed blast, there was only few mailorders and few places where you were able to buy legal stuff, rest was bootleg(most of them was coming even not from Russia but somewhere else i think).. And then one day there appereared few labels that reissued(legaly) everything what was possible... and i was really mixed up, cause it was mostly big labels shit reissues(though there was some nice expections of course)... So there ended to be dillema before you had tons of illegal stuff, but more proper bands, and then everything legal(those days hard to find real bootlegs over there) but mostly shitty stuff....

Ok here are label home page if you are curious: http://www.irond.ru/indexh.html
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irond is highly questionable. They never paid the license fees for my band's album, and this is going back to 2003.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I never liked Ophthalamia either. Boring scene band.
Albin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
Yeah it is real one... Made on one of those labels that makes hungred of legal CD reissues.. to be exactly label called Irond and it is totally legal(though for sales inside russia not outside for special price).. It is even still avaible: http://www.soundcheck.ru/products/3146/ Not sure about tape version though....
Years before those legal licensed blast, there was only few mailorders and few places where you were able to buy legal stuff, rest was bootleg(most of them was coming even not from Russia but somewhere else i think).. And then one day there appereared few labels that reissued(legaly) everything what was possible... and i was really mixed up, cause it was mostly big labels shit reissues(though there was some nice expections of course)... So there ended to be dillema before you had tons of illegal stuff, but more proper bands, and then everything legal(those days hard to find real bootlegs over there) but mostly shitty stuff....

Thank you a lot for those informations . 180руб is pretty cheap though , very surprising .... it is 4.9 euros .
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Irond is highly questionable. They never paid the license fees for my band's album, and this is going back to 2003.

Everything in this life highly questionable.....

Well i never liked those labels nor when i am lived in Russia, nor now when i am living in Finland... though i have some reasons why i think that it should be real
1) most of those companies are registered legaly, selling theirs stuff to legal shops....
2) Them are too big.. And it is possible to take them to court
3) Them deal mostly with bigger labels, that would be happy to take them to court i bet in that case, seldomly with bands directly, and paying to labels directly. As i remember them had very few deals with bands itself.
4) One of those companies (FONO) had scandal with Spinefarm cause them released licensed version of Nightwish faggotry Laughing before label did normal one(it was delayed) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
5) When i was getting visa there was workers of those companies running around embassy and asked to give his gift to one of Spinefarm(not sure) bosses Shocked i was giggling

Though as i know labels itself getting rather small money from those linceses. and i heard many times that them are cheated with printruns, but it is different story already Exclamation

Last edited by Shiru on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin wrote:
Shiru wrote:

Thank you a lot for those informations . 180руб is pretty cheap though , very surprising .... it is 4.9 euros .

yeah there was always prices around 4,5-5 Euro and wholesale a bit higher then 2 if i remember correctly
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
Professor Black wrote:

Well i never liked those labels nor when i am lived in Russia, nor now when i am living in Finland... though i have some reasons why i think that it should be real
1) most of those companies are registered legaly, selling theirs stuff to legal shops....
3) Them deal mostly with bigger labels, that would be happy to take them to court i bet in that case, seldomly with bands directly, and paying to labels directly. As i remember them had very few deals with bands itself.

Though as i know labels itself getting rather small money from those linceses. and i heard many times that them are cheated with printruns, but it is different story already Exclamation

Yeah, this was a deal between Irond and my band's label. And it was for a small amount, but that's exactly the point. Small bands/labels need everything they can get. It can be the difference between making another record or disappearing into debt.

I know Irond is legal as such, but like many labels they take care of their "big" partners and don't bother with their obligations to the small guys, because they know it's unlikely that we'll take them to court over such an amount.

So, in my book, they are cunts.
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Shiru wrote:
Professor Black wrote:

Yeah, this was a deal between Irond and my band's label. And it was for a small amount, but that's exactly the point. Small bands/labels need everything they can get. It can be the difference between making another record or disappearing into debt.

I know Irond is legal as such, but like many labels they take care of their "big" partners and don't bother with their obligations to the small guys, because they know it's unlikely that we'll take them to court over such an amount.

So, in my book, they are cunts.

I didnt said that them are not cunts, but question was how legal them are... And keyword is here "like many labels" thats explains probably, though to be honest i think more then half of their deals is with big labels. I dont say them are perfect label to deal with, but at least this rereleases are legal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: