P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Necrovore demo with BLUE logo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
If it's so historically important, then it should be readily available to anyone who wishes to hear it.

It is. You ever heard of the internet?

I'm not talking shitty MP3's taken from multiple generation copies.

I am pretty sure that all tracks were made available at a page about the Texas Metal underground, not sure if they are still available.

I first listened to these tracks when I bought that "Harmony Dies Vol. 1" compilation cd released by Metalion (at least I think he did that) and the sound quality wasn´t that great to be honest. Still, it was an almost magical encounter. Awesome music.

Ah, "wrong hands" might be bootleggers, that was my first assumptions when reading the coment above.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Chicken_Dance wrote:
Yes, the tape pictured above is the one that Mike was selling on eBay. It was removed after just a few hours to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands...

The wrong hands? You mean like, somebody not kult enough? Is it like poser kryptonite?

Hahaha. Now that is a funny image. Laughing

Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you all know that Expeditor sells bootlegs....right? I feel bad for anyone that has purchased something from him and the countless other ebootleggers.....
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilegio wrote:
I hope you all know that Expeditor sells bootlegs....right? I feel bad for anyone that has purchased something from him and the countless other ebootleggers.....

Exactly. afm4500 anyone ?

As for Necrovore: There is one song on the Satan's Revenge compi LP, and that sound kicks ass.

And yeah, there are definitly two versions of the demo spread in the internet. The other one was sometimes noted as "The Unholy Gods Are in Black" Demo'91 in some tapetrading lists. Same 4 songs, but way superior sound.
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarilegio...your remark is interesting. I checked this seller some time go and came to same conclusion. I asked some questions about his items and checked what he has sold. I do not trust this guy a bit. (Never bought from him though).
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same guy as afm4000? Then its 100% bootleg seller! Peter I think we discussed about this in some other forum too, right? (some 3 months ago maybe)
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:

And yeah, there are definitly two versions of the demo spread in the internet. The other one was sometimes noted as "The Unholy Gods Are in Black" Demo'91 in some tapetrading lists. Same 4 songs, but way superior sound.

Actually there is 2 versions of 1987 demo. Second mix was done for the Satans Revenge compilation (or its taken from it).
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapalika wrote:
I am pretty sure that all tracks were made available at a page about the Texas Metal underground, not sure if they are still available.

I first listened to these tracks when I bought that "Harmony Dies Vol. 1" compilation cd released by Metalion (at least I think he did that) and the sound quality wasn´t that great to be honest. Still, it was an almost magical encounter. Awesome music.

Ah, "wrong hands" might be bootleggers, that was my first assumptions when reading the coment above.

Yeah, they're still available. Right here...

http://www.texasmetalunderground.com/audio_pages/necrovore_audio.htm

And I haven't heard a copy of this that wasn't shit quality. I have the Harmony Dies compilation, a Necrovore compilation that was done by Necro Gallery Productions numbered out of 666, and the recent bootleg that Hells Headbangers was selling a few months back. All of them sound like they came from the same recording and are no different than the MP3s on the aforementioned site.

I don't think there exists a version of the demo that sounds "proper". The only way these songs are going to get better sound quality is if they're recorded. Sorry audiophile record collector snobs.
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necrovore interview done by Laurent Ramadier:
What can you tell us about the recording sessions of that demo? Also two versions of that tape exist, the second version only features a different mix comparing to the first or…?
Jon: “The first demo was not supposed to be a demo release. It was essentially a recording of one of our rehearsals and got out to a few friends and took off from there to the local radio underground and the next thing we knew it was overseas. The rest is history. However, I do feel it was one of those nights were it just comes out powerful and real. I think that is why a lot of people like it. It is raw and balls out. You can identify with it. It hits you right in the face. You can just tell this shit is 100% real. What I think you are calling the second tape is something I attempted at a local studio due to the criticism of the lack of drums on the mix and I wanted to get something off to New Renaissance Records for the “Satan’s Revenge” compilation etc... but that studio sucked and you could tell the guy who owned it had no idea what we were up to, nor was he familiar with that style of music. I became very much aware of this during the session and ended up not overly enthused to do this recording. It is reflected in the lead work on that recording, where I am basically saying: ‘I don’t fucking care I just want to burn this place down!’ After the recording, I took the reels out to the country side and in a ritualistic sacrifice burned the reels and mixed in a pint of my own blood just for the fun of it. I don’t know how some of those recordings got out, I only sent one track off to New Renaissance. I’m just a hardcore critic.”
Ross: “There was a cleaner version. We decided to re-record the demo at a professional studio in order to give fans a better copy of our old material; however, Walter didn’t oversee the recording and the studio technician who did, had no idea of how a Black / Death Metal band sounded. He cleaned up the recording so much that it lost its soul. Try as we might, we couldn’t seem to make it right. I don’t know if a copy still exists. I really don’t care. I don’t like the soulless recording. If you want to get an idea of NECROVORE, stick with the original demo.”
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathster wrote:
Same guy as afm4000? Then its 100% bootleg seller! Peter I think we discussed about this in some other forum too, right? (some 3 months ago maybe)

not exactly. I just wanted to give a name of a different bootlegger. This one sold bootleg Traumatic demos, now he is selling bootleg Traumatic Demo CDR compis. And I guess at least 10 times the same Master's Hammer demotape bootleg. When my ebay-searchmails give a "Demo not LP" result, I delete this mail immediately.

Interesting read with the 2nd mix. Nice to see that even something like this was spread in the tapetrading scene, hahaha...
CR99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How looks a real Master's Hammer demo?
deathster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got demo from him, right? (70USD!!!! ) Isn it strange that f. ex. Satanic Evil (Fin) demo was made using the same style as Masters Hammer demo. I think it was even same BASF tape. He sold all his original copies in like 3-5 pieces after some months (or even more copies, I do not follow it anymore). Its small details that help you to understand the reliability. Plus some answers from those sellers are very offensive when asked about demos.

Original demo is band made and sent out by band!
Chicken_Dance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathster wrote:
You got demo from him, right? (70USD!!!! ) Isn it strange that f. ex. Satanic Evil (Fin) demo was made using the same style as Masters Hammer demo. I think it was even same BASF tape. He sold all his original copies in like 3-5 pieces after some months (or even more copies, I do not follow it anymore). Its small details that help you to understand the reliability. Plus some answers from those sellers are very offensive when asked about demos.

Master's Hammer demos were mostly sent out from the band as one master tape with several copied covers in the '80s and even early ninties. Those sold by Ex.ped.it.or were originals. I can imagine that he used his own tapes back in the early ninties to dub from the master so he could distribute each tape.
Astaroth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathster wrote:

Expeditor has sold originals mixed in with bootlegs - that's why he is so successful on eBay. afm4000 is total bootleg rubbish. A shame.
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Of Von wrote:
It's been released on vinyl (PICLP) as a split bootleg with SARCOFAGO (which I need!!), but it does need a proper official vinyl release, a must! I've given up on NECROVORE's return though... Another band I'm totally fanatical about, just as much as Order From Chaos.

aarrgghh.... still remember when about 2 years ago this vinyl was avible on polish auctions for about 30 USD..... fuck, I dont bought this (but yesterday when I was drunk I bought a Sarcofago INRI PICLP (NWN) for fucking 90USD)
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: