P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

PayPal claims = shit system for sellers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this paypal claim thing only worked for ebay purchases. Fuck.
@noah 13: clearly, the paypal claim is used by fuckers who know how it works. They ask for the money back as soon as they have the package, no matter if the seller's reliable or not. Shitty system for sure.
Agnolotti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noah thirteen wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
I don't think there are any problems for buyers. It's more of an issue for sellers accepting PayPal.

When paypal used to limit the time you had to file a claim to 30 days or less that pretty much fucked a lot of buyers, I decided to be patient and wait it out once, and never got anything from a label overseas, and then I couldn't get my money back since I had taken the "high road" and decided to trust them....

same thing happened to me, with The End records, for some Urgehal vinyl. I had waited a while, emailed, waited a while, got a response, tried to work something out, never got a response, tried to file a claim. Too late, they still don't respond to emails.

Someone I sold stuff to on eBay filed a claim against me, only he asked for 1/2 his money back. I was STUNNED!!!!! This to me was proof he hadn't got the record, He "didn't think it was fair that I was out the record and the money, why don't we split the difference"
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A system that has no methods to determine if a package arrives or not is flawed when the only recourse is to punish the seller. ...as if sellers never send, especially when large business type distro's are concerned.
Would a place like The End Records, or Nuclear War Now still have any business if they were actually purposefully not sending packages ?

I think the method to take is to cancel paypal acceptance. Write paypal a email and tell them why you refuse to support them and go back to money orders/cash etc etc.
People will have to wait an extra week or two for the cheque to get there, oh fucking well. At least it will not be so easy to screw a distro anymore.

If paypal is going to be dicks all the time and refund all these fucks so easily and quickly I would stop allowing the use of paypal as a method of payment.
Or just take paypal orders from guys with ten or more problem free orders under their belt etc etc. Make some elite styled rules or some shit like that to help cut back on merch. and profit loss.
Grant J.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Maniac wrote:
dreamethereal wrote:
every time i send something to Singapore its a pain in the fucking ass. I'm almost ready to not accept bids from Singapore anymore.

THIS is exactly why I called Handry Gumanti a rip-off. He won an LP off me through ebay, I posted it like all other auctions and he made a claim which he won, I lost my LP and money.

Handry Gumanti is a piece of shit, but I got him (or helped) kicked off eBay and got my money back for a destroyed record listed as mint, and sold from the UK. Last I checked, Singapore was not in the UK. So Paypal helped me in that instance, and eBay gave me a $75 Paypal coupon for my trouble. Guess all the money I've made them hasn't gone unnoticed?
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought parcels to Singapore are usually let through without a problem.

At the end of the day, its the person we're dealing with and their integrity. Perhaps a buddy or verification system for new buyers might help.
Grant J.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
I thought parcels to Singapore are usually let through without a problem.

At the end of the day, its the person we're dealing with and their integrity. Perhaps a buddy or verification system for new buyers might help.

Oh it came and went quickly, sure, but the point is that he lied on top of selling a VG- record as mint (I still think the pictures were stolen) and then relisted it, or tried to, when I sent it back. He had good feedback, his buyers must just have had low standards or been fucking retarded. Dude offered me five dollars back on a sixty dollar record, so I filed the claim. I didn't want to but felt it was justified.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone email paypal!
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of shitheads ruining the scene and credibility of Asian fans.
Reports to Paypal must be made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: