P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

So Weapon have a new album out soon...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Skoll



Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 782
Location: Wellington, NZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
I really dont understand the vitriolic hate this band seems to elicit. You guy do realise who the drummer is, right? He doesnt get a "pass" ? You would think this was Abigail Williams or some shit.

Take a deep breath, and calm the fuck down.


It's completely deserved. Regardless of the bands the drummer was in.
_________________
www.internecion.co.nz

NZ Metal Distribution and Promotion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
grindmonkeyagain



Joined: 19 Feb 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Warfare Noise wrote:
dalecooper wrote:
<snip> People will be in a hurry to dismiss them though just because of the label.


Im in a hurry to dismiss them because they are BORING as SHIT and have held that opinion since they were only the deeply respected Ajna Offensive. Wink


Speak English much?


im fairly certain that he doesnt think 'on' is spelled 'only' and that the error is what is commonly known as a 'typo'. die you stupid fuck.

weapon rules but not as much as deiphago!




Don't you have better things to do, like sort your collection of nig music?


I think you have a cute little crush on me, I'd love to dress you up in pretty little clothes and make you my sex slave. Besides I was joking around, but apparently you're too starstruck over me to notice.
_________________
my records
my experimental project and netlabel
good traders/buyers/sellers: Jalmym203, spinefreeze, Doom-Mantia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
probert



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 6926
Location: stankonia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh good one
_________________
format your doormat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRINDMONKEY LIKES PRO-BERT.
_________________
"I really wonder what's the source of this gayness music"

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
yeh good one


for real tho u should probably have a sex w/ him
_________________
"I really wonder what's the source of this gayness music"

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
probert



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 6926
Location: stankonia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you bring gregnar and we can have a gangbang
_________________
format your doormat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
captainretardo



Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys sound like a buncha faggots, posting shit against Weapon; it sounds like you just wanna claim to be one of the first riders of the hatetrain against them, due to their signing with Relapse. Why didn't you say the same shit against Inquisition, given their recent signing? Relapse obviously puts out heaps of shit, but let's not forget the many great albums they've put out over the years, e.g., albums by INCANFUCKINGTATION, Deceased, Mythic, Neurosis, Amorphis, Pan.thy.Monium, etc etc.

Their last LP kinda seemed like a dud at first, but it grew on me, and I'd have to say that I like everything they've put out, to some degree, and look forward to hearing their new material.

This thread is full of comments stating shit like "Weapon is the epitome of trendiness." Can you elaborate on what that means? Please be specific, too. The only "trendy" thing I see is a buncha internet 'tards talking shit about a band because they signed with a (relatively) large label.

If you judge an album's/band's worth upon the label it's released on, you're a fucking idiot. The least you can do is listen to the fucking new album before talking shit about the band.
_________________
Good deals with: Numerator41, addison, deathsleep, witch sermon, xyosefx, invinCIBility (4X), Weltbrand (2X), DrkKnight, K-mart, drinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe people didn't talk shit on Inquisition because Inquisition don't suck bags upon bags of dick.
_________________
"I really wonder what's the source of this gayness music"

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltbrand



Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 1151

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:

This thread is full of comments stating shit like "Weapon is the epitome of trendiness."


Actually only one person said that in 5 pages. Hyperbole much?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
captainretardo



Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltbrand wrote:
captainretardo wrote:

This thread is full of comments stating shit like "Weapon is the epitome of trendiness."


Actually only one person said that in 5 pages. Hyperbole much?


keyword: like

Critical think much?

And Blutkult, you've made it clear that you think they've always sucked, but seem to be in the minority. Others just say shitl like "I miss the demo days..." Really? You guy sit around and reminesce about the days this band was putting out demos? lol
_________________
Good deals with: Numerator41, addison, deathsleep, witch sermon, xyosefx, invinCIBility (4X), Weltbrand (2X), DrkKnight, K-mart, drinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5568
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're gonna bitch about people liking the "demo days" more than full-lengths, etc.? You do realize that that's the opinion of about 90% of the UG regarding almost every band, right? Regardless of how retarded or wrong it may be, it's not exactly an uncommon occurrence.
_________________
"I really wonder what's the source of this gayness music"

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
captainretardo



Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not bitching; I'm scoffing. Given the fact that this will be Weapon's third LP, in addition to the fact that their first two were widely embraced by "the UG," I'm simply calling BS where I see BS, i.e., where I see people suddenly airing complaints against this band for no apparent reason other than the fact that they just signed to a large label. The new LP may indeed suck but, as stated, it's pretty fucking retarded to form an opinion without hearing it first. I sure didn't hear much of this "I miss the demo days..." shit when their first coupla LPs came out.
_________________
Good deals with: Numerator41, addison, deathsleep, witch sermon, xyosefx, invinCIBility (4X), Weltbrand (2X), DrkKnight, K-mart, drinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
captainretardo



Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I just found teh thread for the last album on here & see all kinds of "I miss the demo days..." posts. LOL. So maybe this band is no different than the rest. Nonetheless, I look forward to hearing their new shit.
_________________
Good deals with: Numerator41, addison, deathsleep, witch sermon, xyosefx, invinCIBility (4X), Weltbrand (2X), DrkKnight, K-mart, drinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
probert



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 6926
Location: stankonia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent even heard anything before DP, i liked DP so much (huh huh) i didnt care to hear badly recorded phago music (which i have baselessly assumed it is) from the same band. ill get around to it some day. the things people seem to not like about DP, the lifelessness, the cold precision are actually what appeals to me in a weird way. the whole album seems like a weird weary mechanical march and it makes the more organic moments even better.
_________________
format your doormat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Warfare Noise



Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
Weltbrand wrote:
captainretardo wrote:

This thread is full of comments stating shit like "Weapon is the epitome of trendiness."


Actually only one person said that in 5 pages. Hyperbole much?


keyword: like

Critical think much?


Critical thinking? I dont think it means what you think it means.

I realize your name is captainretardo and the joke is on me for even responding but your defensiveness is weird and misplaced. The Weapon demo sounds like an Elephant farting (awesome) and the new stuff sounds like a Dillinger Escape Plan cover band (boring). I can hardly think of a band with such dramatic diversity in sound. This band is THEE prime candidate for "I like this release but not that one" so I cant understand your sensitivity here.

(PS: Incantation rules AND relapse is gay. A band isn't gay because they are on Relapse, but they are probably on relapse because they are gay.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group