P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

So Weapon have a new album out soon...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warfare Noise wrote:
the new stuff sounds like a Dillinger Escape Plan cover band

Huh?
moonan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
i havent even heard anything before DP, i liked DP so much (huh huh) i didnt care to hear badly recorded phago music (which i have baselessly assumed it is) from the same band. ill get around to it some day. the things people seem to not like about DP, the lifelessness, the cold precision are actually what appeals to me in a weird way. the whole album seems like a weird weary mechanical march and it makes the more organic moments even better.

3 of the songs from DP are re-recordered versions of songs from the 1st two eps and the 2 re-recorded songs from the Violated Hejab ep sound a lot better than they do on the EP but the original version of Archana sounds a lot better than the version on DP.

As for people saying Weapon are trendy and sound like the DEP Laughing thats just people trolling.
holyhell666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song can be heard here:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/09/we_do_our_own_t.html
vorfeed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the above interview:
"Many people would have been happy if we had just replicated the style on our EPs, but we don't give a fuck about other people's happiness, you see."

Says it all...
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
You guys sound like a buncha faggots, posting shit against Weapon; it sounds like you just wanna claim to be one of the first riders of the hatetrain against them, due to their signing with Relapse. Why didn't you say the same shit against Inquisition, given their recent signing? Relapse obviously puts out heaps of shit, but let's not forget the many great albums they've put out over the years, e.g., albums by INCANFUCKINGTATION, Deceased, Mythic, Neurosis, Amorphis, Pan.thy.Monium, etc etc.

Their last LP kinda seemed like a dud at first, but it grew on me, and I'd have to say that I like everything they've put out, to some degree, and look forward to hearing their new material.

This thread is full of comments stating shit like "Weapon is the epitome of trendiness." Can you elaborate on what that means? Please be specific, too. The only "trendy" thing I see is a buncha internet 'tards talking shit about a band because they signed with a (relatively) large label.

If you judge an album's/band's worth upon the label it's released on, you're a fucking idiot. The least you can do is listen to the fucking new album before talking shit about the band.

Plenty of us stopped enjoying Weapon's music long before the signing to Relapse. Disliking their output after the EPs isn't exactly a new opinion here on the board. I don't think labels have anything to do with it.

Personally, I only like the demo & EPs...

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
BBR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first LP is one of the best in years.
Ignotus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is full of comments stating shit like "Weapon is the epitome of trendiness." Can you elaborate on what that means? Please be specific, too. The only "trendy" thing I see is a buncha internet 'tards talking shit about a band because they signed with a (relatively) large label.

If you judge an album's/band's worth upon the label it's released on, you're a fucking idiot. The least you can do is listen to the fucking new album before talking shit about the band.[/quote]

My statement had nothing to do with the label, they can be on Nuclear Blast or the most obscure underground label and it means shit.
When they started they had their own identity and sound, now their music sounds like they wanna be the next big thing, and please a broad audience. Just listen to the Devil's Tomb album, a bunch of generic boring riffs with a boring production. They even go to say that "this is how Death/Black metal is supposed to sound". Haha you must be kidding, there is nothing dark about this music... I say it again TREND metal Laughing

Last edited by Ignotus on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song sounds lame as hell.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still like the new song, but it seems the atmosphere from the earlier releases has gone, which is a shame. Been listening to Para Bhakti again every now and again and by comparison, that was much more dark and interesting to me. I will still buy the new album however.
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
From the above interview:
"Many people would have been happy if we had just replicated the style on our EPs, but we don't give a fuck about other people's happiness, you see."

Says it all...

yeah yeah yeah
yawn yawn yawn

file right between
"we had to play this music or we would be in jail"
&
"We didn't set out to play any kind of music, we just played honest and this is what it sounded like"

I don't understand why bands bother doing interviews that could be generated from a cliche maker.

Anyway... I don't think weapon owes anyone anything. They can (and should) evolve without concern for audience same as the audience can (and should) stop listening if they don't like the output. I'm not even sure why I feel compelled to post in this thread but I do hope you understand that at least what I am talking about is manipulative fan boys that want to oversimplify peoples complaints (YOU ONLY TALK SHIT BECAUSE THEY ARE ON RELAPSE!!!). Its just BAD logic, and bad logic is wayyyyyyy more offensive than Weapons new slick-faggot lp. Wink
captainretardo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

You guys could have saved some time by simply reading the post I made a few minutes after the one you're referencing, i.e., the one where I said "Hey! I actually spent 2 seconds looking at their last thread to see if people were talking about only liking their old shit (which I didn't seem to think was true), and it turns out you guyz were right, and I was wrong!" All you're doing now is making smartass rebuttals to a two-week old comment I made, which I already admitted was incorrect. I thought that Weapon (through their 2nd LP) were nearly-universally acclaimed by metalheads--apparently I pulled that out of thin air, and admitted as such. Laughing
Nanking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
you bring gregnar and we can have a gangbang

Totally... New account btw, I'm Grengar. I decided having my account name be the old spelling for my band was too much.

I saw Weapon on that recent tour and they put on a pretty good show. Most shows at the house of blues lose all the technical guitar in the mix, but I listened to the setlist before going and could make everything out, they had a decent enjoyable sound I found. Not sitting on the edge of my seat for the new album though.
moonan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody get this yet it's been out since last week?

Who in Europe is selling the LP?
heavyR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize the Weapon album had been released in late September. To those who enjoyed the last two albums: how is the new album compared to the last two?

Buy this crap.
moonan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest it doesn't sound great. The preview track is the best song on the album I have only listened to it a few times. But I thought the same of from the devils tomb when it was released I only liked the first song it took me a while to get into the rest of the album which I love now so hopefully in time the new album will grow on me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: