P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Immolation - Here In After LP (NOTVD) pressing fuck-up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
It isn't, there's actually a team of dedicated -though somehow clumsy in a typical Italian way- fans behind it.

lol

We're talking about Night of the Vinyl Dead, right? What kinds of "dedicated fans" would exclude Thoughts of an Atheist from Asphyx's S/T vinyl edition? Which happens to be this record's best song btw.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
NK7 wrote:
It isn't, there's actually a team of dedicated -though somehow clumsy in a typical Italian way- fans behind it.

lol

We're talking about Night of the Vinyl Dead, right? What kinds of "dedicated fans" would exclude Thoughts of an Atheist from Asphyx's S/T vinyl edition? Which happens to be this record's best song btw.

Well, the "clumsy" remark was there for a reason.
boogs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, fuck NOTVD for that garbage. Of course that didn't keep them from selling them at their inflated hyped up prices. Done on the cheap, fuck these douchebags.
NK7 wrote:
Their big flaw is their decision to have their early lps pressed in a 3rd world pressing plant

haha, that 3rd world plant is GZ of course. They still use them though (the last Centinex record was pressed there) but some releases were done elsewhere.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
inflated hyped up prices.

I don't want to sound like I'm taking their side for the sake of it, but every time there's a discussion about them someone throws in that "BUD WYYYY AWE THER RELEZIZ SO EXPENZIIIIVE!!1!" rubbish and it's starting to get ridiculous. Some of you seem to think the rights to a Kreator/Saxon/Overkill album are given for free by non-profit humanitarian organizations who just love having their artists' music pressed onto vinyl for the joy of a dozen of base-dwelling enthusiasts. Guess what, it doesn't work like that, those licenses cost a lot and more or less fully justify the 25 they usually charge for a copy. Oddly enough, noone ever seems to complain when it's time to fork out 45 for a Gehenna dlp which probably costs much less to produce/licence. Oh yeah, I forgot that one comes with the poster and all sorts of UG paraphernalia which obviously makes the price reasonable.

So far they've released over a hundred records and only a handful of them had issues, which again GZ media and not NOTVD should be blamed for for the most part. No one ever mentions the great quality of their Sodom/Benediction/Bulldozer/Artillery etc releases though.
boogs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on the "limited don't give a fuck what it costs" bandwagon, that's not exclusive to NOTVD. I have held back on a lot of these re-releases because of the price tag. I do know that licensing etc. generates cost which the buyer pays for at the end. I don't necessarily have a problem to pay a bit more than average for a record that I really want but it simply pisses me off to no end that you fork out some cash and get crap like this in return.
Dalen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
September 27th FATES WARNING "A Pleasant Shade of Gray" OUT NOW limited to 250 copies one track only LP on BLUE vinyl!!!

It wouldn't get that expensive though, supposedly they'd press larger quantities. Their usual pressing quantities are somewhat between 250-500 units, and when it comes to some popular mainstream metal records like Nevermore's DNB, a number of 400 units is just too small. The distribution itself doesn't seem to make sense either, few distros seem to be receiving these releases.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:

It wouldn't get that expensive though, supposedly they'd press larger quantities.

This. If there's one aspect about NOTVD that is admittedly dumb, it's their clear intention to gain themselves a cult status thanks to those ultra-ltd editions. Granted that can be said for a fairly consistent number of labels these days.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that label is a joke. they also raped asphyx same title lp by omitting a song

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
boogs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta agree on the limitation thing. The Protector LP was stupidly limited for the fact they were never out on wax before, typical hype release. Then again they'll probably sit on their Resurrection and Malevolent Creation LPs forever Laughing
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck that shitty Italian label. All their titles can and should be licensed by other labels who are willing to put some actual effort into them rather than just putting out shoddy limited releases for their friends to sell on ebay.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering this label is in a country falling to financial crisis, and probably has been for sometime... could it be this label is just getting by, barely... and presses just enough to sell, a guaranteed sell... so no stock sitting around for years for someone to come around five years later wanting this or that ?

Not to justify pressing such small quantities for collectivity, but maybe there is some realistic practical reasoning here behind the labels methods ?

Labels like NWN and HHR that press quite a few quantities must struggle once in awhile this dilemma, make enough to sell and not have to store copies for years on end or press a shit load and make room for them as they trickle out the door, all the while trying to press more and release more at the same time.

Either of these distro's you can see certain albums that have been around forever, I'm sure if time travel were possible they would have went back and made less if any at all of these certain poor selling titles.
It would seem Night of the Vinyl Dead does not really have this issue now do they ? Wink
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
Fuck that shitty Italian label. All their titles can and should be licensed by other labels who are willing to put some actual effort into them rather than just putting out shoddy limited releases for their friends to sell on ebay.

Exactly.
moonan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have the link to the actual vinyl but this seller just sold Shadows in light that was pressed by NOTVD for 60 euro. That LP was limited to 444 which for a band as popular as Immolation is stupid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Immolation-Unholy-Cult-autographed-LP-Deicide-Morbid-Angel-Death-/150919338183?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123&nma=true&si=fOodrEAHpSdo6JQyPqfznly4guU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some of their releases and they're good, but I hate their MO, with the limited quantities, and the exclusive distribution.

Anyway, they should have redone the Immolation pressing, obviously they knew what was going on. That would be the decent thing to do.

What I don't understand is the price of this LP on ebay, discogs, knowing it is faulty. Fuck it, I always contemplated spending $60-$100 to get it, but now that I know they're all the same, gonna pass.

Hails to that guy that posted the notes on discogs.
And thanks to you guys here that confirmed.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Considering this label is in a country falling to financial crisis, and probably has been for sometime... could it be this label is just getting by, barely... and presses just enough to sell, a guaranteed sell... so no stock sitting around for years for someone to come around five years later wanting this or that ?

Not to justify pressing such small quantities for collectivity, but maybe there is some realistic practical reasoning here behind the labels methods ?

Labels like NWN and HHR that press quite a few quantities must struggle once in awhile this dilemma, make enough to sell and not have to store copies for years on end or press a shit load and make room for them as they trickle out the door, all the while trying to press more and release more at the same time.

Either of these distro's you can see certain albums that have been around forever, I'm sure if time travel were possible they would have went back and made less if any at all of these certain poor selling titles.
It would seem Night of the Vinyl Dead does not really have this issue now do they ? Wink

Well they usually do fairly big bands which would easily sell more than 500 units so I don't think that's the problem here. Although it's true that even 300 copies can be too many for certain bands - see the Avulsed lp they did, they pressed like 350 of them three years ago and it still hasn't sold out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: