P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

GROTESQUE (Swe) 2LP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
boogs wrote:
what's up with all that bootlegger bullshit? If you can put the blame on anyone, it's on Plastic Head but not CM.

Just ignore those comments. Some people here are still crying their eyes out because this isn't getting their beloved "The Crypt treatment" and will blame CM for just about everything, from the hole in the ozone layer onwards.


I smell cheap cologne, hair gel, and Gucci shoes.
Back to top
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I think there is some legit concerns or frustrations here regarding how this all played out, and the person most legitimately affected is the guy from The Crypt.

It could suck to have invested time or money into this already and in the end due to muddy contractual arrangements another label pushes out a product ?

The Crypt has every reason to be upset... and fans of the Crypt to a degree also.



How innocent or in the know CM is over the overall play on this, hard to say... but the frustration in my opinion is not without validation.


Honestly I'm not a fraction as upset about this as Kristiian Wahlin is as he owns the music and the artwork, and yes CM isn't to blame. It was Plastic Head / Blackend who licensed it to CM and the are the ones who apparently didn't really own the rights to license in the first place. Black Sun sold the rights originally to Plastic head but according to Kristian there was never an actual signed contract between the band and Black sun back in the day.
_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 775

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
boogs wrote:
what's up with all that bootlegger bullshit? If you can put the blame on anyone, it's on Plastic Head but not CM.

Just ignore those comments. Some people here are still crying their eyes out because this isn't getting their beloved "The Crypt treatment" and will blame CM for just about everything, from the hole in the ozone layer onwards.



You're assuming and you're wrong.
I was only stating the obvious. I could care less who releases it as long as it's in good quality. I bought this one and it sounds great and it looks great.
I'm not pitying The Crypt, because these things happen. Yeah, it sucks but what can you do?
CM has part of the blame because they're big and old enough to know who that material belongs to. Plastichead are twats as usual.
The only one who should care, like Ted said, is K Wahlin. Afterall, it's his music and his art that's being profited from.

BTW, Ted probably bought a copy of this himself.
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksymphonies



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 2344

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't buy a copy for myself. Wink

I'd rather save the money and reinvest it in one of my releases. Yeah shit happens but what can you do. I've moved on from it but I do feel bad for Kristian. Hopefully he can get it sorted out.
scentofdeath wrote:
NK7 wrote:
boogs wrote:
what's up with all that bootlegger bullshit? If you can put the blame on anyone, it's on Plastic Head but not CM.

Just ignore those comments. Some people here are still crying their eyes out because this isn't getting their beloved "The Crypt treatment" and will blame CM for just about everything, from the hole in the ozone layer onwards.



You're assuming and you're wrong.
I was only stating the obvious. I could care less who releases it as long as it's in good quality. I bought this one and it sounds great and it looks great.
I'm not pitying The Crypt, because these things happen. Yeah, it sucks but what can you do?
CM has part of the blame because they're big and old enough to know who that material belongs to. Plastichead are twats as usual.
The only one who should care, like Ted said, is K Wahlin. Afterall, it's his music and his art that's being profited from.

BTW, Ted probably bought a copy of this himself.

_________________
darksympho@gmail.com
thecryptvinyl@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Cryptvinyl
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
metalmac



Joined: 26 Nov 2010
Posts: 403
Location: Hamburg, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no European distro stocks this?
_________________
My Trade / Sale / Searchlist:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41681

Recommendable persons to deal with:
heavyR, funeralfog666, Invocation666, NX-01
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfsturm888



Joined: 27 Jul 2011
Posts: 833

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why donīt you stick to the original on Dolores Records, sound and layout is killer, who will do anything better there...?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsturm888 wrote:
Why donīt you stick to the original on Dolores Records, sound and layout is killer, who will do anything better there...?!

I'll take a wild guess, may be because that one is sold out since ages and a copy will cost slightly more than $20?
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Werewolf



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3345
Location: IsraHell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Wolfsturm888 wrote:
Why donīt you stick to the original on Dolores Records, sound and layout is killer, who will do anything better there...?!

I'll take a wild guess, may be because that one is sold out since ages and a copy will cost slightly more than $20?

It's as important for him to let everyone know that he's got the original pressing of Grotesque as it's important for you to let everyone else know that Peter Ott has a Flames of Hell LP and a mustache...
_________________
WWW.INFERNALROCKNROLL.BANDCAMP.COM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
boogs



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Posts: 365
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metalmac wrote:
Still no European distro stocks this?

you need to import from the US. Got mine for about $40 with postage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
darkdescentrecords



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 2743

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
metalmac wrote:
Still no European distro stocks this?

you need to import from the US. Got mine for about $40 with postage


Yeah, it's a US only release from CM. I have some still in stock. I'd love to mark them even lower price than what I have them but the price CM is selling (but not shipping to Europe) is lower than what I paid those guys for wholesale just two weeks earlier. Great business tactics.
_________________
http://www.darkdescentrecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
captainretardo



Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 880

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, "US only" release.

Is it 1988 again?
_________________
Good deals with: Numerator41, addison, deathsleep, witch sermon, xyosefx, invinCIBility (4X), Weltbrand (2X), DrkKnight, K-mart, drinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darkdescentrecords



Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Posts: 2743

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
lol, "US only" release.

Is it 1988 again?


I guess. CM and Nuclear Blast do this a lot. I don't know why they won't ship to Europe...probably a rights thing, then as others have noted, the rights they do have are debatable.
_________________
http://www.darkdescentrecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1944

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new, even many UG-labels from Europe license albums to US and the license-deal is only local so they (the US-label) can't sell it to Europe even if someone wants to order it or they would break the agreement/deal. I guess it's similar situation here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kapalika



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2422
Location: Germoney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detailed pictures, anybody?
I will most likely stick to my Black Sun digi cd but you never know.
_________________
A nobody in a world of somebodies
Black market list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ac!dM!nd



Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 295
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rare occasion when I'm glad that I live in Russia Smile
they send it there
_________________
Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead, it just makes him angry
Salelist: http://www.discogs.com/seller/TempusNemini
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group