P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dissection worship/trivia thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GagaISM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also looking for the interview Amir/Vlad did for norwegian television and statements from ex-members concerning their time in Dissection.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't there some prick who bragged about writing a book about Dissection's history ? Maybe he's already finished and you could obtain some infos from him ?
GagaISM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
wasn't there some prick who bragged about writing a book about Dissection's history ? Maybe he's already finished and you could obtain some infos from him ?

That would be great though I have no idea who that would be.

Here's an except from the interview Tobias did for CoC:

Quote:
CoC: With "the Dissection connection", in what way did Soulreaper come out of Dissection? How related would you say the two bands are?
TK: Non-related. A couple of months after Dissection split up, me and Johan Normann of Dissection decided to do a new thing since Dissection was turning to the grave, and here we are, basically. Nothing to do with Dissection, really. The only connection with Dissection is that we took a couple of riffs that me and Johan did -for- Dissection and used them in Soulreaper.

CoC: In the end what really did happen with Dissection, why did the band dissolve, ultimately?
TK: I don't want to go into it. I wouldn't bother to bore the readers with the whole story. But anyway, we got unfriendly with each other and it didn't work out in the end, so finally me and Johan split Dissection. We didn't split, we got out of Dissection. I don't know if Jon was planning to continue Dissection with another line-up, but he got imprisoned and that's history. We didn't know how things would have turned out for Dissection if he hadn't.

CoC: So, do you not see Jon much any more then?
TK: I have talked to him a couple of times since he got imprisoned. I don't really have any good connection with him. I have a good connection with his brother. He says he's alright.

From a secondary source (Mikael Lång):

Quote:
Although you haven’t been the member of DISSECTION, but could you say something about, why did they split up? Why was Jon Nödtveidt locked up?

According to Johan and Tobias there was some lack of seriosity near to the split-up of Dissection. They claim that they were the only ones who were rehearsing repeatedly. Jon on the other half has said in interviews that he kicked the other members of the band before he got arrested. I don`t know how much truth it is in those statements that he has made. Why was he locked up? It is quite obvious that Jon was arrested because he and Vlad killed a man. But I don`t know the cause for their actions. Hell, maybe you and I had done the same thing.

This statement is however consistent with the claims, that Jon had fully dedicated his life to MLO and it's practices around late 1997, found in the court papers.
Caco-Daemon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the reason? Varg killed Jon?
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissection rules, bestial black metal sucks, and I want to kill a faggot.
Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just kill your self same shit bro
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I wrong or aren't there some interviews out there where Jon comments on the lack of seriousness with other Dissection members? Especially concerning those that formed Soul Reaper.
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that was in Slayer mag but I might be wrong.
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murustrictus wrote:
Yes, probably the 17th issue. Was this interview then also featured in the book?
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmless wrote:
Am I wrong or aren't there some interviews out there where Jon comments on the lack of seriousness with other Dissection members? Especially concerning those that formed Soul Reaper.

In Blod Eld Död he basically says the whole metal scene if full of unserious weaklings. It's a great interview with him, worth getting just for that.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GagaISM wrote:
I'm also looking for the interview Amir/Vlad...

"Amir" isnt his real name, they just changed everyones names on that article to protect their personalities (fex. Jon is changed to Johan) Its same in every book but still so obvious cause they keep the fake names so close to originals, so everyone knows who they are referring.

If I remember right, didnt they say something like "planned to kill his ex-bandmates" or something? Someone with better swedish skills can confirm that?
Murustrictus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmless wrote:
Murustrictus wrote:
Yes, probably the 17th issue. Was this interview then also featured in the book?

Yes indeed! It must have been.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Slayer diaries, page 568;
" - To make a long and complicated story short; it all started when Johan Norman (former guitarist) had betrayed MLO (Misantropiska Lucifer Order), that he back then belonged to (and in which I'm a member and a Priest of Satan), and he had run away and was hiding for months, scared like shit. Naturally he wasn't welcome back to DISSECTION anymore! During this period some of the other band members also proved to be traitors and enemies of the Satanic faith that DISSECTION represented, so I split up the band and put it back together with a new line-up in late 1997. That line-up never became official though, as I shortly afterwards was arrested"
GagaISM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that interview. Thanks. I've just created a new forum to gather all the info I've been collecting on the band. You're all more than welcome to jump on board and contribute if you have anything of relevance. More stuff will be uploaded as time goes by.

http://dissection.createaforum.com/index.php

Ps. Loading time is still a little slow and I'm working on a new url. That should be fixed soon.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if this is useful. dissection interview for putrefaction zine 1991.

http://postimage.org/image/9cm7ndgnb/
http://postimage.org/image/4ow3d4slh/

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: