P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Portal Outre reissue out now
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astralvesl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
Reissue Seepia please.

I thought they did? Hhr had it in their shop forever it seemed and my local store has had a copy for months, pic disc I think?
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct - Seepia was released on CUM and I believe they are sold out.. This was a picture disc and it sounds really good - U can barely notice the "picture dic hiss"... Seems like the picure discs sound has improved dramatically - the NWN recent revenge die hard , as well as the proclomation pic disc that I got also sounded amazing.. Bascially - if I have a CD version of something and I get it on vinyl - I am starting to choose the picture discs more and more --

the CUM version from 2008 is still cheap - check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=Portal+Seepia&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&satitle=Portal+Seepia
moonan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture disc is still widely available I remember a lot of people on here saying that it sounds terrible never had it myself so I don't know.
Descension

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On vinyl. I don't even consider picture disk vinyl.
Valhalla Rising

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Seepia on Obsidian was was limited to 400 I believe.

I have the original press of Outre, which I also agree is the best release so far by this band, but am considering getting the new one for the remaster. I fucking hate having 2 copies of any release though; there are already so many records out there that I do not own - why do I need two copies of the same record?
probert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not buy the SEEPIA pic disc even if you think you dont care about the sound quality of pic discs. it's absolutely horrid (in the bad way). i might make a comparison recording later to show since i have both releases. funny, the pic disc was released in a nice gatefold and the regular one was released in a toilet paper sleeve. now i can mix and match.

anyways, pretty curious to hear the remaster. i dont collect multiple releases or really care about "remaster"ing but i think portal is a band where it could have a distinct effect on their sound.
Chimère Noire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can find some version of the Seepia picture disc on the net...

concerning this new version, we thought that we could use a different visual approach for this new version of Outre....Lowe's illustration is great, we did not put it away it is showed on the inside part and on one of the picture disc. Different artwork, same killer album!
http://betelumineuse.bandcamp.com/
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valhalla Rising wrote:
The original Seepia on Obsidian was was limited to 400 I believe.

I have the original press of Outre, which I also agree is the best release so far by this band, but am considering getting the new one for the remaster. I fucking hate having 2 copies of any release though; there are already so many records out there that I do not own - why do I need two copies of the same record?

I bit the bullet and ordered the remaster (black vinyl). It arrived a few hours ago. I just did a listening comparison, and to me the guitars sound a lot more muffled on the HHR LP compared to the original, and the drums pop more on the original. I think the original sounds a lot better. I'm curious to hear others' opinions when they get their copies.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: