P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dissection worship/trivia thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gruwel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
GagaISM wrote:
Found this very interesting podcast about Reinkaos yesterday. The hosts don't know anything about Satanism, but a lot about Metal history, and share some interesting perspectives on the record.

http://dissection.createaforum.com/rebirth-era/requiem-metal-podcast-163-dissection-reinkaos-august-21-2012/

It's easy to tell why the record was (and still is) despised by some. The fanbase of Dissection mainly consists of fairly young "I listen to black/death metal only" metalheads without a proper metal background who obviously can't get into a great heavy metal, blastbeat-free album as Reinkaos. The pointless "it's like In Flames" comments they usually come up with when asked to explain what they don't like about it are enough evidence of that, as it sounds nothing like In Flames. Truth is, it's actually the one truly classic metal album released in the past decade, but there just is no way someone who was introduced to metal by the likes of Horna, Katharsis or some other equally as worthless 5th generation clone band can ever appreciate it.

*waiting for "I've been into metal since '82 and still don't like Reinkaos" feedback now*

This might very well be true - I'm one of those who got into metal in the early 2000's and Reinkaos was too "melodic" and not "heavy" enough for me up until years ago when I broadened my horizon.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the interesting links/interviews, folks.
Rottendlijk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a while to appreciate Reinkaos. But now.... I sometimes wonder if it's not Dissection's best album... sometimes....
Uncolored

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda review, still from putrefaction zine 1991

http://postimage.org/image/sqhwexpmt/

sorry I can't use a scanner

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rottendlijk wrote:
It took me a while to appreciate Reinkaos. But now.... I sometimes wonder if it's not Dissection's best album... sometimes....

I think it's very apparant that it is.
GagaISM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthless Joke wrote:
Rottendlijk wrote:

I'd have to agree, and that comes from someone who's been a dedicated fan since The Somberlain. It feels like the culmination of everything he wanted Dissection to be. It's so unique as well. Sounds like nothing else. It has this almost classic rock sound. Another aspect that hits me hard is the weird eeriness of knowing that everything was so premeditated down to the smallest detail. How everything just went by so fast. The album came out and most people didn't even have the time to digest it before he ended his life. Kinda reminds of what happened after Storm of The Light's Bane. The band and that album took off in a way no one had been able to foresee and then everything just ended.
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GagaISM wrote:
Worthless Joke wrote:
Rottendlijk wrote:

I'd have to agree, and that comes from someone who's been a dedicated fan since The Somberlain. It feels like the culmination of everything he wanted Dissection to be. It's so unique as well. Sounds like nothing else. It has this almost classic rock sound. Another aspect that hits me hard is the weird eeriness of knowing that everything was so premeditated down to the smallest detail. How everything just went by so fast. The album came out and most people didn't even have the time to digest it before he ended his life. Kinda reminds of what happened after Storm of The Light's Bane. The band and that album took off in a way no one had been able to foresee and then everything just ended.

Sure each Dissection album is better than the last.
moonan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rottendlijk wrote:

+1 every time I put the album on I think this as well.
Humus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak no bad about the dead or what? That album was an abomination and it still is.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Speak no bad about the dead or what? That album was an abomination and it still is.

You're a fairly competent poster usually but in this case you're just wrong, Reinkaos is an insane riff fest from start to finish. And just because I know what your reply will be, no it does not resemble In Flames Wink
GagaISM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New poll: http://dissection.createaforum.com/rebirth-era/r-e-i-n-k-a-937-s/
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's even worse than in flames
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dostojanstvenik wrote:
yeah, it's even worse than in flames

Dostojanstvenik wrote:
the day it becomes just music, it'll be the end of it...black metal can never become "just music"...

NK7 wrote:
The fanbase of Dissection mainly consists of fairly young "I listen to black/death metal only" metalheads without a proper metal background who obviously can't get into a great heavy metal, blastbeat-free album as Reinkaos

Just what I said.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you consider that load of crap to be an example of great heavy metal, you're even more clueless than I thought...also, you have no idea how old I am so stop embarassing yourself with these retarded assumptions of everyone that doesn't agree with your pathetic opinions...but you're a known troll so it's not surprising...now shut the fuck up you pretentious douchebag!
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM THE OLDEST IN THE INTERNET AND THE BEST AT METAL SO SHUT UP FAGGETS

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: