P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

[!] Wolfhetan "Was der Tag nicht ahnt"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
So who has listened to the album ? What have ye to say ?


Listening to it now...there's something about the drums and vox that seem "off" to me in comparison to the debut..hmm..giving it the benefit of the doubt though. And that artwork looks stunning.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this is an oddball. It alternates between the style they composed for "Entruckung" and what almost sounds like some kind of post-punk inspired noodling (not meant as a slam). It's definitely an eclectic album thus far. Might grow to like this as much as the debut.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda mixed on the final result. In a way it's more expressive than the debut (and thank god for those reoccurring trademark bass lines!) but it seems less cohesive and lacking of the ambiance which made "Entruckung" so intriguing to me. On the first go around I have to say I'm slightly disappointed, but I'm not done with it yet.

Still it's better then 99% of the nowadays hyped artists (i.e. Shining, Deafheaven and the like).
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plague



Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
Still it's better then 99% of the nowadays hyped artists (i.e. Shining, Deafheaven and the like).

wow, that's really not saying very much. i can only hope to disagree once i get the chance to hear it myself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cross of Donar



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 784
Location: Yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
Kinda mixed on the final result. In a way it's more expressive than the debut (and thank god for those reoccurring trademark bass lines!) but it seems less cohesive and lacking of the ambiance which made "Entruckung" so intriguing to me. On the first go around I have to say I'm slightly disappointed, but I'm not done with it yet.

Still it's better then 99% of the nowadays hyped artists (i.e. Shining, Deafheaven and the like).


You listened to the album from 9:51 pm to 11:12 pm, so that's just 1x the whole album, as it lasts over 70 minutes. For sure your opinion will change after a few listens Wink.

Also someone asked about the vinylversion of the debut. It'll come later, I've started on the mastering but I'm waiting for updates.
_________________
http://www.heidenshart.nl
https://heidenshart.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/venerationofthedead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross of Donar wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:
Kinda mixed on the final result. In a way it's more expressive than the debut (and thank god for those reoccurring trademark bass lines!) but it seems less cohesive and lacking of the ambiance which made "Entruckung" so intriguing to me. On the first go around I have to say I'm slightly disappointed, but I'm not done with it yet.

Still it's better then 99% of the nowadays hyped artists (i.e. Shining, Deafheaven and the like).


You listened to the album from 9:51 pm to 11:12 pm, so that's just 1x the whole album, as it lasts over 70 minutes. For sure your opinion will change after a few listens Wink.

Also someone asked about the vinylversion of the debut. It'll come later, I've started on the mastering but I'm waiting for updates.


Probably, and I hope it will. Six years has been a long wait for this.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the vinyl edition of "Entruckung". If it matches the digibook in terms of packaging quality then it should be a formidable release.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.


Last edited by Wilhelm on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plague wrote:
Wilhelm wrote:
Still it's better then 99% of the nowadays hyped artists (i.e. Shining, Deafheaven and the like).

wow, that's really not saying very much. i can only hope to disagree once i get the chance to hear it myself


Could be, but I'll still take Wolfhetan's latest album over just about any other nowdays black metal band making the rounds.

And regardless of the discrepancies and the expectations I had it's still an excellent album. One of the key features which sets Wolfhetan a part from other bands are the monster bass lines, and this second LP is just full of them. I'll go out on a limb (?) and state for the record that Wolfhetan has the best bass lines in BM, bar none.
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilhelm



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin # 5. I'm sold. This is better than the debut, glad it grew on me. Also, check this out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNUk-O2RlY

Hit "Ankunft" at 0:58. I love that twangy post-punk vibe.

I'm also hearing a definite Norse influence, especially in tracks like "Eispalast". "Again..." / "Alone Walkying" era Hades was the first band which came to mind. Other parts have a marginal Burzum tone in the guitar lines (i.e. "Tagtraum"). Stellar shit.

Who will be carrying the disc stateside?
_________________
lurking fear wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Bolt Thrower didn't hold up well at all for me... no desire at all to ever listen to this band again.


Go brush your doll's hair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group