P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

One Man Metal - Part 1 - Black Metal's Unexplored Fringes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could quite happily watch a full length doc on wrest alone.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
I could quite happily watch a full length doc on wrest alone.

+1
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
No, it looks like Malefic really is quite disturbed, living in that disgusting hovel with his filthy hands and grubby bed. That Striborg guy though, he just struck me as a bit childish. But then, who the hell am I to talk?

AND YET Xasthur guy is married?
Anyway of these band Xasthur is best, especial early works. Next time should be focus on MUSIC not gay emotions of depressed childadults.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromcrom wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
No, it looks like Malefic really is quite disturbed, living in that disgusting hovel with his filthy hands and grubby bed. That Striborg guy though, he just struck me as a bit childish. But then, who the hell am I to talk?

Anyway of these band Xasthur is best, especial early works. Next time should be focus on MUSIC not gay emotions of depressed childadults.

I think Striborg guy is married? And has a kid! What an embarrassment if he came to pick you up from school! "Is that your dad??" *Shuffles awkwardly* "er.... yes..."

But yes, Xasthur is certainly the most interesting music, the other stuff ranges from the simply bland to the unlistenably dull.
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
gromcrom wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:

I think Striborg guy is married? And has a kid! What an embarrassment if he came to pick you up from school! "Is that your dad??" *Shuffles awkwardly* "er.... yes..."

But yes, Xasthur is certainly the most interesting music, the other stuff ranges from the simply bland to the unlistenably dull.

Laughing most kids find dads ambarrasing, but Striborg as dad would be reason of suicide Laughing
Point is nothing wrong in marry and kid, but seems movie made too big fuss over so-called "isolation", when these men (at least 2 anyway) lead family lives? More music less General Hospital.
Most disillusion for me is when listen to Striborg now, I see only nerd idiot crouching on carpet screaming in his socks.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should record a BM album whos sole lyrical content is complaining about socks/what was for dinner/household chores, would make a change from the usual subeect matter.
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Someone should record a BM album whos sole lyrical content is complaining about socks/what was for dinner/household chores, would make a change from the usual subeect matter.

BM already change from epic and occult subject to crying about being a loveless gay, so-called DSBM. Surely not long before dishwash and kitchen black metal genre? Wink
dumbnoise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWO wrote:
I wish they had more of a focus on the actual MUSIC and recording process rather than just drama-hogging. Even though the music in question is total shit (minus some Leviathan), it would still be interesting to see how one man bands operate.

I agree minus their music being total shit. Xasthur's song structures and drum programming are very impressive. Striborg is able to capture a great atmosphere and he sometimes applies psychedelics into his music which I like a lot. All in all, music should be transportive which everyone's music involved in the documentary accomplishes.

If only it was a "classic albums" documentary.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would have liked to have seen more of Malefic playing acoustic guitar actually; those chords and progressions were pretty crazy. Does he play any acoustic on his later albums? Last Xasthur album I heard was the Subliminal Genocide...
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
would have liked to have seen more of Malefic playing acoustic guitar actually; those chords and progressions were pretty crazy. Does he play any acoustic on his later albums? Last Xasthur album I heard was the Subliminal Genocide...

Dont know but new project of Malefic is play all acoustic.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromcrom wrote:
Speerhead wrote:

Dont know but new project of Malefic is play all acoustic.

Ah ok, this is the Nocturnal Poisoning project they mentioned at the end of the doc.

Good choice of name - the actual NP album was the best thing Xasthur did by a million miles.
hellbomber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i had to actually watch this twice today in full while on the clock of course(hehe) so the striborg guy is a fuktard as shows through his releases,, whatever. wrest just seems like a guy i would have a drink with at the bar who had some shit go down in his life like the rest of us.
but what intruiged me the most was the xasthur dude... i mean as deppresive as the black metal he plays (and i have a few of his albums and theyre great to fuck to. should be in the sodomize thread)its still bm and i don't know about anyone elses feelings but i take pride in my stance and i don't cowwer away in a fukking corner when someone asks me some fukking questions so maybe the dude is better off doing another type of noise and keep his name out of black metal cuz it just really shows that there is a very weak element going on here.
like i said and don't get me wrong there is some great shit this guy has done in my opinion but i honestly think my 2 yr old niece would scare the shit out of this guy. I HATE PEOPLE TOO TRUST ME BUT I AM NOT SCARED OF THEM.............TRAMPLE
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Fukk man, clean that typing up a little. It's hard on the eyes bro.
hellbomber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i suck on a keyboard ..
sorry(board as fuk and gotta babble with no computer skills Embarassed )
feralviscera

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Scott came off very honest to himself and his art. I respect that, although it's kind of a bummer watching a whole documentary on a bunch of depressed dudes with social anxieties. I enjoyed his acoustic melodies.

The focus should have been on the music more then the personalities and living standards of these guys.

Leviathan guy just seems like some dude who likes writing music that's honest to himself. Didn't seem so depressive or a loser.

That Striborg guy is just weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: