P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

One Man Metal - Part 1 - Black Metal's Unexplored Fringes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This definitely got better as they progressed. I like a lot of Xasthur's output but I definitely didn't need to hear him pontificate on anything.

I definitely enjoyed the Leviathan/Wrest interview the most and that made the entire thing seem worth watching. I don't know why they didn't end with his segment.

That Striborg guy is weird. Shocked
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking great documentary, all three of them seems to be very honest, the Striborg dude is just not as interesting as Wrest and Malefic but that's it.
That terrible story about Wrest ex-girlfriend's brain cancer gives me a clue about what happened with his recent mental collapse and atrocious attack against his last girlfriend.
Malefic seems to suffer some intense Avoidant personality disorder, clinical depression and maybe even schizoid delusional issues, which absolutely reflects in his music; I'm not a fan of his last 3 albums but completely love all the material up to Defective Epitaph (some tracks of this one included), and to be honest this documentary makes me want to revisit all of them.
Good interviewer as well, a respectful guy and not the typical "Oh come on, tell me about your traumatic memories" annoying idiot.
Hope to see more of this doc in the future.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
Striborg is pure comedy in this one. Could almost have been some kind of League of Gentlemen skit.

Indeed! As soon as I saw his painted fingernails my tardmeter went crazy
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit the moment when the STRIBORG guy screams around in the cave was awkward to watch.

Still, I am now definitively more interested than before to check out one of these bands, all of which I knew only by name so far.

Especially as I still can't really imagine how one can produce grim and frostbitten BM in a subtropical environment surrounded by palmy beaches or other exotic flora and fauna.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striborg does not succeed in doing so.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it can be done in switzerland, it can be done everywhere.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
if it can be done in switzerland, it can be done everywhere.

Yes, we saw that later, when BELPHEGOR emerged from the pagan wastelands of PUCH, STYRIA!

harmless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Someone should record a BM album whos sole lyrical content is complaining about socks/what was for dinner/household chores, would make a change from the usual subeect matter.

This was done in Iceland some ten years ago. We lost the recordings, though. We might reform because of this post.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ääähm Puch liegt in Salzburg Wink
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:

Ups, da hab ich wohl was verwechselt.

Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:

Ups, da hab ich wohl was verwechselt.

Schon richtig, aber Belphegor kommen aus dem Salzburger Puch, nicht aus der Steiermark.
N.W.D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:

Especially as I still can't really imagine how one can produce grim and frostbitten BM in a subtropical environment surrounded by palmy beaches or other exotic flora and fauna.

Tasmania is pretty damn cold, 26 degrees Celsius is extreme heat conditions down there.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.W.D wrote:
Stalinorgel wrote:

Tasmania is pretty damn cold, 26 degrees Celsius is extreme heat conditions down there.

Drowning The Light is from Kiama I think which is a real nice and pleasant coastal town - I doubt they ever get a frost there
Nanking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striborg dude makes the clear distinction between people into Black Metal and people into black nail polish.
da666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendicant wrote:
N.W.D wrote:
Stalinorgel wrote:

Drowning The Light is from Kiama I think which is a real nice and pleasant coastal town - I doubt they ever get a frost there

Indeed i am and indeed it is.

In Jamberoo there is frost some winter mornings, and of course it snows in the southern highlands, but in kiama itself - no frost, although one can argue that the putrid summers we sometimes get can poison the mind just as much as a cold winter, even though i really think climate has little to do with inspiration. There are plenty of places here void of human interaction, like some of the cliffs and "local" beaches as well as the mountains to draw inspiration from.

But i'm sure people in the concrete jungles can draw just as much inspiration from the modern decay of man.

It is like the people who ask how BM can be made by people in economically "forward" and "progressive" countries because they have so much "opportunity in life" therefore should not be miserable or follow the left hand path etc. (to which of course one can argue when you have had things that most strive for in life you can truly see that 90% of it is worthless and materialistic tripe because you do not spend your life trying to gain or achieve such things, so if anything you have truly chosen the dark path as opposed to being forced into it or doing it just to make a buck because it's all you can do to survive.)
It is and always will be the artist and individual who is the soul and reflection of the music, of course outside influences can help with inspiration, motivation and vision but its not like you can plonk some random tard in the middle of a snow field and they'll start shredding some "grim" Black Metal.

Also i don't think i have ever read any promo for Oz BM describing it as "frost bitten"

End Rant/Hail Kiama Coastal Madness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: