P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

One Man Metal - Part 1 - Black Metal's Unexplored Fringes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really depressed last night so I banged on a bit or corpse paint, slipped on my cape and went a screamed at the bushes at the bottom of my garden for half an hour, worked a treat!
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Also i don't think i have ever read any promo for Oz BM describing it as "frost bitten"

I was also not referring to your band or Australian BM in particular, my friend.

Well, it worked in literature, Karl May hadn't visited one of the countries he then wrote about for example. I don't say I rule out the possibility of being inspired despite the "inadequate setting", I just said I can't really imagine such an approach (for myself).
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
da666 wrote:
Also i don't think i have ever read any promo for Oz BM describing it as "frost bitten"

I was also not referring to your band or Australian BM in particular, my friend.

Well, it worked in literature, Karl May hadn't visited one of the countries he then wrote about for example. I don't say I rule out the possibility of being inspired despite the "inadequate setting", I just said I can't really imagine such an approach (for myself).

Striborg titles of songs/album seems rainforest influence to be fair. He has haunted gumtrees, in the heart of the rainforest. Why to think only north europe cna have mystic and atmosphere landscape?
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromcrom wrote:
Striborg titles of songs/album seems rainforest influence to be fair. He has haunted gumtrees, in the heart of the rainforest. Why to think only north europe cna have mystic and atmosphere landscape?

Nothing wrong with that.

Of course, mystic and atmospheric landscapes are surely not reduced to Northern Europe, but it's not only the geography, but also the historical and cultural background of your native soil, which I consider as an important factor.

I strongly welcome ANY band that captures that specific atmosphere and is not trying to emulate the spirit of someone or something else - which is NOT the same like having "alien" or "foreign" influences.
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
gromcrom wrote:

Nothing wrong with that.

Of course, mystic and atmospheric landscapes are surely not reduced to Northern Europe, but it's not only the geography, but also the historical and cultural background of your native soil, which I consider as an important factor.

I strongly welcome ANY band that captures that specific atmosphere and is not trying to emulate the spirit of someone or something else - which is NOT the same like having "alien" or "foreign" influences.

This are all very good point. Serious I think that Spritual Catharsis album of Striborg really capture atmosphere of dark bushland and rainforest. I think the most album that capture idea of vast and strange (to Europe men settler) landscape of Australia.

Just shame now that obscure of music ruin a bit by seeing how recorded. There should remain some mystique to music of dark.
noremac666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt all 3 individuals we're honest and genuine in explaining there emotions and inspirations during the works of there "Music" Sin Nanna aka that Striborg guy was more showcasing the visual aspects involved the inspiration and creation of his art and seeing as it is a video/ audio interview it is fitting both xasthur and Striborg are great bands the insight to both bands was refreshing to see,
As of now I will give Leviathan more attention as I have heard them once and never looked further into it (reasons unknown to me) all and all a decent doco one of the better ones I have seen better than watching fenris walk around doing his normal daily activities.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Mendicant wrote:
N.W.D wrote:
Stalinorgel wrote:

Especially as I still can't really imagine how one can produce grim and frostbitten BM in a subtropical environment surrounded by palmy beaches or other exotic flora and fauna.

Tasmania is pretty damn cold, 26 degrees Celsius is extreme heat conditions down there.

Drowning The Light is from Kiama I think which is a real nice and pleasant coastal town - I doubt they ever get a frost there

Indeed i am and indeed it is.

In Jamberoo there is frost some winter mornings, and of course it snows in the southern highlands, but in kiama itself - no frost, although one can argue that the putrid summers we sometimes get can poison the mind just as much as a cold winter, even though i really think climate has little to do with inspiration. There are plenty of places here void of human interaction, like some of the cliffs and "local" beaches as well as the mountains to draw inspiration from.

But i'm sure people in the concrete jungles can draw just as much inspiration from the modern decay of man.

It is like the people who ask how BM can be made by people in economically "forward" and "progressive" countries because they have so much "opportunity in life" therefore should not be miserable or follow the left hand path etc. (to which of course one can argue when you have had things that most strive for in life you can truly see that 90% of it is worthless and materialistic tripe because you do not spend your life trying to gain or achieve such things, so if anything you have truly chosen the dark path as opposed to being forced into it or doing it just to make a buck because it's all you can do to survive.)
It is and always will be the artist and individual who is the soul and reflection of the music, of course outside influences can help with inspiration, motivation and vision but its not like you can plonk some random tard in the middle of a snow field and they'll start shredding some "grim" Black Metal.

End Rant/Hail Kiama Coastal Madness

Blowhole Black Metal!!
ADB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Indeed i am and indeed it is.

In Jamberoo there is frost some winter mornings, and of course it snows in the southern highlands, but in kiama itself - no frost, although one can argue that the putrid summers we sometimes get can poison the mind just as much as a cold winter, even though i really think climate has little to do with inspiration. There are plenty of places here void of human interaction, like some of the cliffs and "local" beaches as well as the mountains to draw inspiration from.

But i'm sure people in the concrete jungles can draw just as much inspiration from the modern decay of man.

It is like the people who ask how BM can be made by people in economically "forward" and "progressive" countries because they have so much "opportunity in life" therefore should not be miserable or follow the left hand path etc. (to which of course one can argue when you have had things that most strive for in life you can truly see that 90% of it is worthless and materialistic tripe because you do not spend your life trying to gain or achieve such things, so if anything you have truly chosen the dark path as opposed to being forced into it or doing it just to make a buck because it's all you can do to survive.)
It is and always will be the artist and individual who is the soul and reflection of the music, of course outside influences can help with inspiration, motivation and vision but its not like you can plonk some random tard in the middle of a snow field and they'll start shredding some "grim" Black Metal.

End Rant/Hail Kiama Coastal Madness

Possibly the most spot on post on this subject
blackshit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucked major ass! Who are these dudes? I never heard of any of em.
They should of interviewed Von Venien or Dirty Fvkn Pistolz
Baphometrose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackshit wrote:

wtf?
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baphometrose wrote:
blackshit wrote:

wtf?

He is a clown who was just banned from this forum.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say that, please quote correctly.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
I didn't say that, please quote correctly.

Grindmonkey fucked up the formatting, so it's impossible to tell who said what. I deleted the posts to eliminate any misquotes.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I also meant him. Thanks.
pentfixion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next volume: ZBT, vothana and grindmonkey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: