P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

YSENGRIN 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guido

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking for distributors in nordic countries. Thanks.
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some of you noticed that the YSENGRIN website is down since a few days... I contacted Daniel of FENOMENO DESIGN who helped me for the website, but no reply! So if any of you (chilean or not) can contacted him, please let me know! Thanks.
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Daniel contacted me, i paid for the hosting and the website is still down... I hope we'll solve this problem asap... Anyway, enjoy this new review of "To Endotaton" from http://www.chroniclesofchaos.com

Quote:
I, Voidhanger is definitely one of the rising forces in today's underground music; a label that is time and again offering quality releases music-wise, as well as being aesthetically conscious, offering the best possible value in terms of final product's artwork, packaging and all other aspects of production, sonic or otherwise. Ysengrin's third full-length effort is by no means an exception.

Ysengrin, despite hailing from France, have adopted -- at least on _To Endotaton_ -- a very Italian sound; a dark, muddy, basic approach to metal, where the fundamentals of heavy metal, death, doom and black metal flirt with each other, packed tightly together by a mist of esoteric, occult sound. In that regard, _To Endotaton_ is not unlike the typical Italian sound represented by quality acts such as Opera IX, Abysmal Grief or Mortuary Drape.

A slow to mid-paced heavy metal backbone is complemented by half-muffled growls that add a certain wretched quality to the music, which is, in essence, very melodic, exercising captivating waves of simple riffs coupled with minimal keyboard work and sparse acoustic guitar interludes to which the aforementioned death-like deep vocals add another dimension of mystical left-hand practice. A sinister offering, aptly designed and magically engineered, the metallic baseline here is affected by Middle Eastern-esque innuendos a la Slayer's _South of Heaven_, and almost generic heavy metal clichés similar to Iron Maiden's; but when summing it up, swallowing the whole of this musical product, the concoction does sound fresh and rewarding.

_To Endotaton_ is as bizarrely sounding as it is mundane; its simplicity collides with the many virtuous inner manoeuvres. Although not the most challenging musical beast out there, this album binds past and present, history and futuristic aspirations for the genre, esoteric inclinations and bland familiarity together, resulting in tight, almost flawless, a musical product that will likely cause as much pleasure to the next listener as it has to the writer of these very lines.

This is, in any way you wish to look at it, another quality product courtesy of I, Voidhanger Records. It will awaken nostalgia at the hearts of the veterans among you and educate younger generations about the greatness of the metal movement; its past, its present and probably also where it's headed in the near future. These metallic bloodlines and timelines are all represented in _To Endotaton_; all you need to do is listen!

Ysengrin - _To Endotaton_
(I, Voidhanger Records, 2012)
by: Chaim Drishner (7.5 out of 10)

Guido

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
We are looking for distributors in nordic countries. Thanks.

DEATH INVOCATION RECORDS is the official distributor for YSENGRIN stuff in Sweden (their website not updated: http://deathinvocation.blogspot.fr/)
Guido

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUR WEBSITE IS BACK ON LINE!!!
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any concrete time frame on vinyl yet?
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are searching for a label for the co-production of the vinyl together with I VOIDHANGER. So any label interesting, get in touch!
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP FROM THE GRAVE!!!
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New great review from LACERATED METAL ZINE:
Quote:

To me, the number of French bands that I have relative reverence for is very, very few. Even considering all the bands from the dawn of time as far as metal is concerned, there were only a couple of acts which were able to capture my attention, including the death/thrash massacre Massacra, and few more similar OSDM groups which proved somewhat emergent only during the early 90's, and other than that handful of crude extremes, there's only the current blossoming post/ambient black metal chorus that I eschew from listening, but had a sort of alarming impact on me. With members from the fascinating atmospheric black metal cogitation Darkenhold, Ysengrin, one of my more latter discoveries, completely varying from the fellow countrymen, have injected an addicting hermetic drug into my veins which I can't seem to cleanse myself of; the group formulates a mercurial enigma of death, black and doom, and even more surprising is that they don't deliberately eschew whatever archaic tendencies these three genres have, and throw them into their own, enigmatic concoction which boasts of some of the most refreshing, somber metal I've heard in a long while.

From the very start, ''To Endotaton'' constantly fabricates, intense, almost delusional majestic blackened death/doom, if you want to classify that simply. The entire album is a single, cavernous forty-minute journey into mysterious and occult harmony, the album's innumerable characteristics showing with color and epitomized pulchritude, and this constantly flowing tree of veins always keeps ample provisions of atmospheric deepness, adding a mesmerizing undertone to its eloquent furnace, burning with a calm but fervent fire. Eventually, due to the album's many faces, there will be many who will dub it something else, since, the listener is inflected by whatever attribute has an impact on him/her the most, but as a whole, ''To Endotaton'' incorporates so many different influences of distinct color and variation, that its spectrum eventually bursts and comes out a new, fresh monolith formed of the beautifully charred remains of its predecessors.

I'm glad the album eschews any sort of industrial/technical element that might come to mind, because such an experiment would have surely ruined the organic trance bestowed upon you that I drool so much about. The primary riffs are stationary black/doom progressions, advancing, sometimes, with a great atmospheric splendor, while sometimes simply punishing with a more swerving complex: dirtier chugs and crispy patterns. While a surge of mournful, misanthropic riffage struggles through a dense plume of lethargy and desolation, Ysengrin add plenty of revitalizing objects in between mourns to keep the pace active, and somehow fluent. I'm talking about crunchy thrash chugs and Bolt Thrower-esque mid-paced crushers coming in an eerie stampede, and on even rarer occasions you'll hear deliberate tremolo bashing, churning into the semi-epic aura with ease.

While the cavern-riddled utters of the vocalist will often be excluded from significance during the more rapid incursions, the tinging despair of the vocalists light gutturals will probably ignite fires of gripping tension and isolation in clean guitar- dominated sequences, where the Frenchman will present themselves as virtuoso of the dark Spanish lead guitar or simply haunting interludes. No matter how long the entire song is, through the band members' experience and savvy techniques, the tremendous hermetic strength the album holds, and delicately penned compositions, the entrancing archaic mystery that is ''To Endotaton'' exceeds. A highly, highly recommended aperture into morbid darkness. Good job I, Voidhanger, good job.

Highlight:
To Endotaton

Rating: 90%

Guido

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vinyl version of "To Endotaton" is coming for the first months of 2013 in a very limited quantity, so beware!
I VOIDHANGER will release this 12".
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently working on the new inlay for the vinyl edition. Stay tuned!
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"TO ENDOTATON" in top 2012 of some guys:

LUKASZ:

Alchemyst - Nekromanteion (?)
Antero Lindgren - Mother
Blut Aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy
Dawnbringer - Into the Lair of the Sun God
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis
Desolate Shrine - The Sanctum of Human Darkness (?)
Chaos Echoes - Tone of Things to Come
Dordeduh – Dar De Duh
Menace Ruine - Alight in Ashes
Mgła - With Hearts Toward None
Sacriphyx - new album (?)
Ysengrin - To Endotaton

ALCHAMESTE:

- CHARON "Sulphur Seraph (The Archon principle)"
- DENIAL OF GOD "Death and the Beyond"
- FAUSTCOVEN "Hellfire and funeral bells"
- MASTER'S HAMMER "Vracejte konve na místo"
- PROFANATICA "Sickened by holy host"
- SORCIER DES GLACES "Snowland MMXII"
- THE ROYAL ARCH BLASPHEME "II"
- YSENGRIN "To Endotaton"
+
- AORLHAC / DARKENHÖLD / OSSUAIRE / YSENGRIN "La maisniee du maufe - A tribute to the dark ages" Split MCD
- DOOMBRINGER "Sevenfold pestilence" 7" EP
- DOOMBRINGER / GOAT TYRANT "The darkside's calling into the crypts of oblivion" Split 7" EP
- HATESPAWN "Blasphemous redeemer" Demo
- MALÉFICES "Povr le sangs" Demo
- MALÉFICES "Rites crvels" Demo
- MASTER'S HAMMER "Transgalaktický řezník / Barva kosmu" 7"

NOEL/THOSE OPPOSED RECORDS:

APTORIAN DEMON - Libertus
ARSTIDIR LIFSINS - Vápna lækjar eldr
BAPTISM - As the darkness enters
BLOOD RED FOG - Harvest
BORGNE - Royaume des ombres
DELIQUESCENCE - Antinomisme
DODSENGEL - Imperator
DORDEDUH - Dar de Duh
DRUDKH - Eternal turn of the wheel
ELYSIAN BLAZE - Blood geometry
ENSLAVED - Riitiir
GRAVELAND - Pamięć i Przeznaczenie
HELL MILITIA - Jacob's ladder
KAWIR - Isotheos
MASTER'S HAMMER - Vracejte Konve na Místo
MGLA - With hearts toward none
MY DYING BRIDE - A map of all our failures
NACHTMYSTIUM - Silencing machine
NAVJARMAAHR - Клыки Сиянья Ночи
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - Kolovorot DCD / DVD
ODZ MANOUK - Odz Manouk
PSEUDOGOD - Deathwomb catechesis
RAHU - The Quest for the Vajra of Shadows
SACRIFICIA MORTUORUM - Railler l'hymen des siècles
THE TRUE WERWOLF - Death music
ULVEGR - Arctogaia
WINTERFYLLETH - The threnody of triumph
WOODS OF INFINITY - Forlat
YSENGRIN - To Endotaton

AUTOTHRALL:

01. Tiamat (Sweden) - The Scarred People
02. Putrevore (Spain) - Macabre Kingdom
03. Necrovation (Sweden) - Necrovation
04. Horrendous (USA) - The Chills *debut of the year*
05. Occultation (USA) - Three and Sevens
06. Spectral Lore (Greece) - Sentinel
07. Anhedonist (USA) - Netherwards
08. Drug Honkey (USA) - Ghost in the Fire
09. Ævangelist (USA) - De Masticatione Mortuorum in Tumulis
10. Pharaoh (USA) - Bury the Light
11. Sigh (Japan) - In Somniphobia
12. Prong (USA) - Carved in Stone
13. Incantation (USA) - Vanquish in Vengeance
14. Corrosive Carcass (Sweden) - Composition of Flesh
15. Anthem (Japan) - Burning Oath
16. Ysengrin (France) - To Endotaton
17. Spawn of Possession (Sweden) - Incurso
18. Paradox (Germany) - Tales of the Weird
19. Cannibal Corpse (USA) - Torture
20. Soulless (USA) - In Death's Grip

IDUUN BATHORY

1. ENSLAVED - RIITIIR
2. YSENGRIN - To Endodaton
3. DAWNBRINGER - Into the Lair of the Sun God
4. AMENRA - Mass V
5. AGALLOCH - Faustian Echoes

FORK TONGUE

1. Faustcoven – Hellfire and Funeral Bells
2. Anguish – Through The Archdemon’s Head
3. Ysengrin – To Endotaton
4. Tardigrada – Widrstand
5. Velvet Robe – The Celestial Intelligencer
6. Saccage – Death Crust Satanique
7. Rust – Damned Hellish Voids
8. Bunker 66 – Infernö Interceptörs
9. Bastard Sapling – Dragged From Our Restless Trance
10. Satan’s Satyrs – Wild Beyond Belief!

POWERTHRASH

1. Ysengrin - To Endotaton
2. Nocturnal Vomit - Cursed Relics
3. Sigh - In Somniphobia
4. Astral Sleep - Visions
5. Indesinence - Vessels Of Light And Decay
6. Necrovation - Necrovation
7. Helcaraxë - Red Dragon
8. Al-Namrood - Kitab Al-Awthan
9. Anhedonist - Netherwards
10. Bound By Entrails - The Stars Bode You Farewell

STEPHAN KUBICKI

1/ Alchemyst - Nekromanteion
2/ Ignivomous - Contragenesis
3/ Ketzer - Endzeit Metropolis
4/ Mgła - With Hearts Toward None
5/ Nekromantheon - Rise, Vulcan Spectre
6/ Obscure Infinity - Putrefying Illusions
7/ Proclamation - Nether Tombs of Abaddon
8/ Teitanblood - Woven Black Arteries
9/ Vomitor - The Escalation
10/ Ysengrin - To Endotaton

I take the opportunity to present my top (no order):
Fester - A Celebration of Death CD
Black Grail - Rehearsal TAPE
Alchemyst - Nekromanteion CD
Cadaveric Fumes - Macabre Exaltation TAPE
Rotting Christ - Early Days TAPE
Abhorrence - Completely Vulgar DLP
Masacre - Metal Medallo Attack LP
Ysengrin - To Endotaton CD
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are finishing the inlay, so the vinyl version is coming asap! 100 copies, with a new mastering done again by Dan (Resonance Sound Studio).

By the way a new 2012 toplist, Jarno from DESECRECY and SERPENT ASCENDING:

Killing Joke – MMXII
Ysengrin – To Endotaton
Antediluvian/ Adversial -split – Initiated in Impiety as Mysteries
Cosmic Church – Syysauringon Vihkimys
Uncreation's Dawn – Holy Empire of Rats
Converge – All We Love We Leave Behind
Necroven – Worship of Humiliation
Aura Saturnal - Aura Saturnal
Napalm Death - Utilitarian
Enslaved - Riitiir

And a new review (in french) from IN EXTREMIS ZINE:

Quote:

YSENGRIN – to endotaton cd / I Voidhanger
Depuis Edge of Sanity et son cultissime "Crimson", les skeuds qui n'affichent qu'un seul titre de 40 minutes
au compteur ne sont plus le seul apanage des progeux à lunettes. Mais si l'exercice n'effraie plus le
métalleux de base, en revanche c'est toujours quelque chose à appréhender différemment, un disque avec
lequel il faut prendre son temps, s'installer dans un fauteuil et se laisser embarquer pour grand voyage. Ça
tombe bien, j'ai du temps, la pluie par la fenêtre me donne pas super envie de m'y frotter, on va dire qu'il faut
être d'humeur réceptive pour encaisser le challenge. D'un autre coté, pour celui qui en est l'auteur c'est le
genre d'exercice assez périlleux, l'espérance chez l'auditeur étant quelque part décuplée. Forcément quand
on attend de l'audace et des tournures osées, l'éventualité de tomber sur un déluge prétentieux n'est pas
exclu. Alors je lis dans tes pensées (...enfin je trie, sinon ça me dégoutes), tu te demandes si on tient là un
skeud qui force le respect ou l'inverse, une daube infâme propre à déclencher une salve de railleries?
Définitivement Ysengrin appartient à la première catégorie, soit rassuré, parce qu'ici on tape dans le haut
niveau, le gang se bonifiant au fil du temps et des productions. Autant j'avais pas du tout accroché à sa partie
du split avec Borgia, autant l'album "Tragedies..." qu'avait suivi juste après m'avait bien plus motivé les
cervicales. Entre-temps on a eu droit au split avec Aorlhac/Darkenhold qu'avait conforté mes impressions, or
là j'dois dire que le Guido tient le bon bout à nouveau. Son dark/death-metal s'est définitivement débarrassé
des imperfections qui lui pourrissaient la vie (une batterie hésitante, un son très... "particulier"), il a su
s'entourer, du coup il se lâche et laisse son inspiration exploser au grand jour. Sur une base death/black, on
retrouve donc un métal qui puise aussi bien dans des influences doom que chez des groupes à fortes
connotations gothico-horrifiques. Des percées de rifailles thrash par ci, des solos heavy par là, la façon de
faire est à l'ancienne puisque Ysengrin privilégie plus les ambiances que les déflagrations sans but. C'est
pas du tout rapide, mais pas statique non plus, avec un coté mélodique très présent, une basse qui sait de
faire remarquer, un chant guttural qui assombrit le tout, et puis aussi des courts intermèdes acoustiques à la
Coroner, et même des parties de synthés/percussions totalement hantées. Dit comme ça, j'me rends compte
que c'est loin de décrire le contenu musical de l'oeuvre, alors peut-être qu'on pourrait rapprocher ça des tous
débuts de Moonspell (le mcd sorti chez Adipocere), lorsque les portugais sonnaient encore black et occulte?
Sauf que c'est pas vraiment ça. Vers les 21' on pense bien à Celtic Frost, avec aussi des effluves de
Tiamat/Pink Floyd sur la fin quand ça prend un virage atmosphérique, mais globalement ça parait compliqué
de rattacher ces français à quelque chose d'existant. Une musique très personnelle, des ambiances
magiques : si ces seuls critères te parlent, alors fonce.
4/5

ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
We are finishing the inlay, so the vinyl version is coming asap! 100 copies, with a new mastering done again by Dan (Resonance Sound Studio).

Great news !
I absolutely want this (100 copies ! Ehh...)
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...and yes, it's sad but true! I'm sure that not more than 100 guys will be interesting in the vinyl, that's why this kind of limitation is enough!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: