P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

BEST COVER ART OF 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
transearth



Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 155
Location: czech rep.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


a little bit of self-promotion, I am not sure if it's the best but should be mentioned
_________________
www.lavadome.org
Coming soon: DAY OF DOOM "The Gates Of Hell"
DESTROYING DIVINITY "Hollow Dominion"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fallen_Empire
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
A dragon with some gem instead of an eye, some fire on the background... a man with an open mouth... Cover of the year? srsly?...


You can make any work of art sound remedial with that sort of deduction:



Some people on a bridge, a river in the background... a man with an open mouth... Classic work of art? srsly?...
Back to top
Saevus



Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 1426
Location: Nomadic in Virginia, USA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kramer uses a similar composition and techniques for most of his paintings, but he does what he does very well. I will concur that the Pseudogod cover is one of the better ones this year.

Most of the covers posted are pretty amazing actually. The Sigh one looks particularly so, although I'd like to see a larger image of it.
_________________
http://saevus.deviantart.com/ - Artwork and graphic design
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Werewolf



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3300
Location: IsraHell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Werewolf wrote:
A dragon with some gem instead of an eye, some fire on the background... a man with an open mouth... Cover of the year? srsly?...


You can make any work of art sound remedial with that sort of deduction:



Some people on a bridge, a river in the background... a man with an open mouth... Classic work of art? srsly?...
So does this painting suck...
_________________
WWW.INFERNALROCKNROLL.BANDCAMP.COM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

A REAL expert we have here...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ultracore Glamfuck



Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 104

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gruwel



Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 261
Location: West Coast, Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:
Werewolf wrote:
A dragon with some gem instead of an eye, some fire on the background... a man with an open mouth... Cover of the year? srsly?...


You can make any work of art sound remedial with that sort of deduction:

Some people on a bridge, a river in the background... a man with an open mouth... Classic work of art? srsly?...
So does this painting suck...

Makes me wonder what you consider good art... Perhaps stick figures are more your thing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikael



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 1925

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruwel wrote:
Werewolf wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:
Werewolf wrote:
A dragon with some gem instead of an eye, some fire on the background... a man with an open mouth... Cover of the year? srsly?...


You can make any work of art sound remedial with that sort of deduction:

Some people on a bridge, a river in the background... a man with an open mouth... Classic work of art? srsly?...
So does this painting suck...

Makes me wonder what you consider good art... Perhaps stick figures are more your thing?


Well, it's a matter of taste, it's not like he's right or wrong. Just like in music, where some people prefer classical compositions that requires high talent from the composer (or performer) and some others prefer 2 chord-buzzing with growling vocals. Like if you compare Paolo Girardi to Kramer, the other is very complex and detailed, while the other is a bit simpler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Werewolf



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3300
Location: IsraHell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruwel wrote:
Makes me wonder what you consider good art... Perhaps stick figures are more your thing?
2012 stuff - I like the covers of the Denial of God album and the upcoming Incantation one. When it comes to Metal in general - my favorites are Riggs' old Maiden covers and Dan Seagrave's stuff.

Mikael wrote:
Well, it's a matter of taste, it's not like he's right or wrong.
Indeed.
_________________
WWW.INFERNALROCKNROLL.BANDCAMP.COM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5803

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blunt yet effective simplicity of this...



Equals the perfect album cover. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MT



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 183

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
www.matertenebrarum.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GHOAT



Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 2445
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transearth wrote:

a little bit of self-promotion, I am not sure if it's the best but should be mentioned


Never seen this or heard of this band, but FUCK! Is this Paolo's work?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nuclearballsnow



Joined: 09 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5803

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked illustration, what was the band ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5449
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the one with the spooky mermaids mate?
_________________
Cyclopean Wall // ambient // drone (C40 available)
Basilus // space rock // space drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group