P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dissection worship/trivia thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, Jon provides interesting answers and the interview is worth a read for Dissection fans. He knew that it would come out after he was gone and he signed a contract with the authors, stating that Set had to approve of the interview before it was published. It still does not change the fact that the authors are undeserving of any praise they receive. Everything good about the book stems from the interviewed subjects, and it could have been done a lot better by different writers.
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
(...) Everything good about the book stems from the interviewed subjects (...)

Obviously...

What questions would you have wanted them to ask?
greencave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be really great if someone could scan and upload the interview with Nödtveidt from Blod Eld Död.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
GagaISM wrote:
Found this very interesting podcast about Reinkaos yesterday. The hosts don't know anything about Satanism, but a lot about Metal history, and share some interesting perspectives on the record.

http://dissection.createaforum.com/rebirth-era/requiem-metal-podcast-163-dissection-reinkaos-august-21-2012/

It's easy to tell why the record was (and still is) despised by some. The fanbase of Dissection mainly consists of fairly young "I listen to black/death metal only" metalheads without a proper metal background who obviously can't get into a great heavy metal, blastbeat-free album as Reinkaos. The pointless "it's like In Flames" comments they usually come up with when asked to explain what they don't like about it are enough evidence of that, as it sounds nothing like In Flames. Truth is, it's actually the one truly classic metal album released in the past decade, but there just is no way someone who was introduced to metal by the likes of Horna, Katharsis or some other equally as worthless 5th generation clone band can ever appreciate it.

*waiting for "I've been into metal since '82 and still don't like Reinkaos" feedback now*

"I've been into metal since '86 and still don't like Reinkaos" And it still sounds like In Flames.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be really interested in hearing that. Could I get you to share one of the In Flames songs you find similar to later Dissection?
rauta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled youtube in flames and the first hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjSzwFa4QI

Production, clean (i.e. silent) guitar breaks, "heavy" riffing topped with melancholic lead melodies, emphasis on the bounce-enabling rhythmic elements in the arrangements, hell even the vocalist sounds similar enough at times.

I really don't know why people get so bent out of shape when they are told Reinkaos sounds similar to In Flames. Why is it a bad thing?
Mikael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reinkaos has a bit same vibe as Dark Tranquillitys The Mind's I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24N_cHHZEME

Personally like both albums a lot.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Googled youtube in flames and the first hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjSzwFa4QI

Production, clean (i.e. silent) guitar breaks, "heavy" riffing topped with melancholic lead melodies, emphasis on the bounce-enabling rhythmic elements in the arrangements, hell even the vocalist sounds similar enough at times.

I really don't know why people get so bent out of shape when they are told Reinkaos sounds similar to In Flames. Why is it a bad thing?

Because it doesn't, it's mainly the cleaner production of Reinkaos which misleads people into linking it to the Gothenburg style. In Flames' sound relies on happy melodies, sort of Hammerfall/Nocturnal Rites on steroids, almost pop-like arrangements etc. Reinkaos is a much darker, blackened heavy metal album with monster riffing and insanely killer refrains/obscure vibe, vocals also are a completely different thing compared to In Flames.

As stated in a previous post, people who dislike the album are usually young norsecore enthusiasts who got introduced to metal through modern blastbeat noise and would probably call "gay" anything that doesn't at least partially resemble that style.
rauta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. It's the overall cleanliness that ruins the album for me, makes it sound so clinically tidy and housebroken, in other words not even slightly weird, dirty, mysterious or even dangerous which is what I look for in metal, old or new, regardless of sub genres. The fact that the riffing and melody harmonies bear heavy resemblance to the so-called Gothenburg style doesn't bother me at all.
Mr. Raines

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ What he said. Besides, Reinkaos has its fair share of "happy" melodies. Nothing wrong with that, the album rules.

I always agree with Marcos, but I think this is the one case where he is wrong.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Because it doesn't, it's mainly the cleaner production of Reinkaos which misleads people into linking it to the Gothenburg style. In Flames' sound relies on happy melodies, sort of Hammerfall/Nocturnal Rites on steroids, almost pop-like arrangements etc. Reinkaos is a much darker, blackened heavy metal album with monster riffing and insanely killer refrains/obscure vibe, vocals also are a completely different thing compared to In Flames.

As stated in a previous post, people who dislike the album are usually young norsecore enthusiasts who got introduced to metal through modern blastbeat noise and would probably call "gay" anything that doesn't at least partially resemble that style.

Absolutely agreed.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'd say it's rather the other way around. Newcomers who don't understand the obscure foundations of black/death metal, or the epic melody at the heart of heavy metal think that this is an acceptable compromise, to show how 'old school' they are.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:
Actually, I'd say it's rather the other way around. Newcomers who don't understand the obscure foundations of black/death metal, or the epic melody at the heart of heavy metal think that this is an acceptable compromise, to show how 'old school' they are.

From my own experience it's more the post-Burzum generation which seems to have a feud with Reinkaos than those who grew up with old Maiden, Slayer etc. I do see why people who found out about metal with Lords of Chaos would dislike that album, it indeed sounds different when compared to the previous records.
Candlemass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm resurrecting this thread just to say I've been a complete fucking retard for listening to idiots who compared Reinkaos to gay swedish shit and therefore not giving the album a chance until recently. What a GREAT fucking album!
Mamoulian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Oh well, everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. It's the overall cleanliness that ruins the album for me, makes it sound so clinically tidy and housebroken, in other words not even slightly weird, dirty, mysterious or even dangerous which is what I look for in metal, old or new, regardless of sub genres. The fact that the riffing and melody harmonies bear heavy resemblance to the so-called Gothenburg style doesn't bother me at all.

Dissection is from Gothenburg, so it's not all that surprising for elements of the local sound to find their way in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: