P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Please rec me a good sounding Kill Em All reissue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this "Metal up your ass" 12" just one of countless Metallica bootlegs, that were probably made a few years ago? (I've seen it in a local shop, which has MANY Metallica bootleg records. In fact - I think they don't have any legit ones...)
probert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it is a bootleg made by well known bootleg scum MUSIC FOR NATIONS

http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Metal-Up-Your-Ass-/release/2640494

Notes▼
Red Vinyl LP Metallica Metal Up Your Ass, Mispress as The Actual Album Plays Metallica - Kill 'em All

http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Metal-Up-Your-Ass/release/1128562
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:

This one is actually an old '80ies boot that was re-bootlegged a few years ago. I believe by the same people who also illegally reissued the Bernett version of Ride the Lightning with green cover artwork, Pantera's Metal Magic and a few others.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
probert wrote:

This one is actually an old '80ies boot that was re-bootlegged a few years ago. I believe by the same people who also illegally reissued the Bernett version of Ride the Lightning with green cover artwork, Pantera's Metal Magic and a few others.
Makes perfect sense, because the green RTL (it was a pic lp) and metal magic were in the same shop as well. And the MUYA looked like it was an extremely cheap quality bootleg.
probert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
probert wrote:

well if that one is a boot then the mispress is a boot AND DA EGGS ARE ON MY FACE.

edit: though the mispress i have doesnt look like terrible quality at all like you mentioned. looking very closely at some aspects of the printing does make me think it is a boot but in my mind a really good one.. if youre going for looking exactly like a MFN release.
windofpain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
sorry i cant recommend one but ill tell you my favorite record shopping story..

so im at my favorite record store in calgary (meloydia). just traded some records in, had about 150 in credit so im looking around. come to the metallica LPs and see an LP with the original "Metal Up Your Ass" artwork that was supposed to be the cover/title for KEA. i say to my bud "dude! they reissued kill em all as metal up your ass! with the art and everything!". he sez "nah man, that is the kill em all demos." sure enough, i look at the back and the tracklisting is for demo tracks. so i sez "ahh damn, thatd be killer if they actually used the original art for the reissue. how are these demos?" he says they are OK. i like the album art enough, i have credit and im curious enough so i decide to pick it up. i get home put the record on.. the opening flourish of 'hit the lights' fades in.. im thinking wow thats weird that that was on the demo.. the song starts.. im thinking wow these demos sound insanely good and insanely identical to the actual album. i listen a few more seconds and realize that these arent the demos at all, the LP is a fucking mispress and has the kill em all album on it!!! exactly what i was hoping for when i first seen it. so yeh, thats my favorite record shopping story. yeh yeh 'cool story, bro' i know. but it was fuckin cool.

uhh sorry i cant help with your actual question.

I got a CBC promo copy of kill em all at the inner sleeve when CBC liquidated their whole vinyl collection for 40 dollars. Found one copy of the same promo Lp that sold a year or two back for over 300
slayerhatesusall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no loud overcompressed Kill 'em all cd reissue that I know of, which is a good thing anyway. If you want it loud, just crank the volume up. The original megaforce cd is the best sounding cd version, but good condition copies go for $75+ on ebay, and it isn't a loud cd which is what you wanted for some odd reason. I have that megaforce version sealed in the original plastic blisterpack but I'm not selling it. But, if you want a loud version for whatever crazy reason, you could use a compressor in a program like audacity, it will make it sound worse but it will be louder. Compressing it might make it sound better in your car though but thats about it. You can even hard limit it with the free audacity program which will make it sound really noisy and with no dynamics whatsoever. Its pretty fun to make good sounding cds sound horrible by using it, and its fun to screw around with all the other effects in the program.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slayerhatesusall wrote:
I have that megaforce version sealed in the original plastic blisterpack but I'm not selling it.

Why did you bring it up then? Did you want a pat on the back? A cookie maybe?
slayerhatesusall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:
I have that megaforce version sealed in the original plastic blisterpack but I'm not selling it.

Why did you bring it up then? Did you want a pat on the back? A cookie maybe?

Why, what kind of cookies are you giving out? If its chocolate chip I will take it. No oatmeal crap please.
probert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have chocolate chip but only in blisterpack.. and im not selling

Wink

o fuck another stoopid one liner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: