P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Krieg - Patrick Bateman 2010 Re-Release Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Krieg - Patrick Bateman 2010 Re-Release Question Reply with quote

On my copy of this CD, the movie quotations are way louder than the music itself. Some years ago i owned the original release and i think music and movie quotations were of nearly simmilar loudness. Anyone else with that problem?
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who re-issued it? When did it come out?
I have the original...sick cd.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferna Profundus re-released it in 2010
tom245

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have the original version and the quotes and errmm... "music" have consistent volume.

One of my favourite CDs. Absolutely fantastic.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
I only have the original version and the quotes and errmm... "music" have consistent volume.

One of my favourite CDs. Absolutely fantastic.

Yes i remember that too. The re-release is utter crap. The music is wayy more silent than the quotes which is annoying.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish that this would come out on vinyl. Krieg was always very hit or miss in my opinion, but "Patrick Bateman", "Destruction Ritual" & "The Black House" are all amazing stuff.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
heavyR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
I really wish that this would come out on vinyl. Krieg was always very hit or miss in my opinion, but "Patrick Bateman", "Destruction Ritual" & "The Black House" are all amazing stuff.

Well said. I've gone back and forth on Krieg over the years, and I think it's mostly because I try to listen to releases besides the ones you named (e.g., Blue Miasma, Sono Lo Scherno, etc.). I also remember somewhat enjoying the "Kill Yourself or Someone You Love" live release.

Buy this crap.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
xyosefx wrote:

Well said. I've gone back and forth on Krieg over the years, and I think it's mostly because I try to listen to releases besides the ones you named (e.g., Blue Miasma, Sono Lo Scherno, etc.). I also remember somewhat enjoying the "Kill Yourself or Someone You Love" live release.

I stick to these, plus I think that the "Songs For Resistance" demo tape is pretty good if memory serves. Later stuff is terrible, earlier stuff is mediocre, at least for my tastes. I also saw them live with Revenge & Morbosidad. The Krieg set would have been pretty mediocre on its own, but then to have those 2 play the same night...

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krieg has had it's ups and downs,but i don't get why everyone hates blue miasma... i really like that record (apart from the samples wich i can do without)
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Krieg stuff would be Rise of the Imperial Hordes (first US black metal album I ever heard), The Black House, The Church, and The Isolationist. Each of those is top fucking notch. The Black Plague was a great compilation, too, for that matter.

Nemesis wrote:
Krieg has had it's ups and downs,but i don't get why everyone hates blue miasma... i really like that record (apart from the samples wich i can do without)

Neill himself doesn't seem to really like it.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this turns in a smooth Krieg discussion. Anyways on the original topic i highly recommend NOT TO BUY the INFERNA PROFUNDUS RE-RELEASE of PATRICK BATEMAN for the above mentioned reasons.

"Kill Yourself Or Somebody You Love" is one of the best black metal live albums i know. There is so much authenticity in it. Also "Rise Of The Imperial Hordes" is one of my all time Krieg favorites.
Gruwel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:

Agreed. Patrick Bateman is just a sickening piece of work, Destruction Ritual is his/their best effort. The Black House, Blue Miasma & The Isolationist all have both good tracks and bad tracks on them IMO.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the intensity and the weird anger of "Patrick Bateman" which make that release so unique. Also i seldom saw a release where samples and music fit together in such a perfect way.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
It's the intensity and the weird anger of "Patrick Bateman" which make that release so unique. Also i seldom saw a release where samples and music fit together in such a perfect way.

I think this was the case even as far back as the demos. He has a good sense of sampling.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Patrick Bateman", "Destruction Ritual" & "The Black House" are all amazing stuff.

THIS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: