P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Marduk "those of the unlight" Osmose lp question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Marduk "those of the unlight" Osmose lp question Reply with quote

I'm considering buying the original lp, but first i'd like to know how bad are the misprint on side B. I read on discog/cultmetal that the sound disapeard now and then.

So how bad is it? Is the b-side unlistenable or is it a minor thing? Some precisions would be welcome.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's definitely annoying. I don't have the lp with me at the moment but I clearly remember the problem, personally I would never spend $100 or so for an lp messed up like that.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, i think i'll pass, was planning on buying it to avoid the horrible looking version regain made. Any infos about century Media re-releasing it with original cover? I have Dark Endless on CM, Opus Nocturne on Osmose i only miss this one to be done with the good Marduk albums. Re-release with shitty artwork is one of the worst thing that happenned to metal in the last decade.
krakentorso

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not spun it for years but I remember it's like 16 time on both sides (!) you have an annoying scratch-sound for one second or so. it drove me mad 18 years ago and so it would do now ... if I would spin it today, haha!
moonan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
Thank you, i think i'll pass, was planning on buying it to avoid the horrible looking version regain made. Any infos about century Media re-releasing it with original cover? I have Dark Endless on CM, Opus Nocturne on Osmose i only miss this one to be done with the good Marduk albums. Re-release with shitty artwork is one of the worst thing that happenned to metal in the last decade.

Century Media are only doing Dark Endless. Osmose are re-releasing the rest of the Marduk albums. They haven't posted any info yet but I would imagine the repress will be the same as the original the enslaved Forst and Eld represses were the same as the originals.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonan wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:

Century Media are only doing Dark Endless. Osmose are re-releasing the rest of the Marduk albums. They haven't posted any info yet but I would imagine the repress will be the same as the original the enslaved Forst and Eld represses were the same as the originals.

Good, let's just hope they won't screw it up this time, i'm still pretty mad about they did with the first Necromantia and second Impaled Nazarene (keeping the new cover).
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
second Impaled Nazarene (keeping the new cover).

They cannot use the original cover for Ugra-Karma. There was a lawsuit because it was used without permission.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:
second Impaled Nazarene (keeping the new cover).

They cannot use the original cover for Ugra-Karma. There was a lawsuit because it was used without permission.

!
I didn't know that. thx for the info. new artwork still looks like shit to my eyes.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ugra Karma" is one of the few re-releases where the original looked shitty.

I can't understand how people are keen for that stolen Indian painting and the extremely ugly font on it.

New artwork is just perfectly fitting.
moonan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Dance wrote:
moonan wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:

Good, let's just hope they won't screw it up this time, i'm still pretty mad about they did with the first Necromantia and second Impaled Nazarene (keeping the new cover).

Yeah I hope they repress Heaven shall burn and nightwing as gatefolds like the originals and don't instead have them with printed inner sleeves instead,
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
"Ugra Karma" is one of the few re-releases where the original looked shitty.

I can't understand how people are keen for that stolen Indian painting and the extremely ugly font on it.

New artwork is just perfectly fitting.

Yes but in metal original is always better just for the sake of being the original.

And yes Nightwing would be good too, it has been a while i haven't listened to that album, it woud be a good reason.
Below_The_Sun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the original Osmose LP, only for collection purposes - if you want to hear the album get some reissue or the CD.
As far as i remember - the problem is on both sides, especially on the first three tracks on Side A & the instumental track on Side B .My copy is almost Mint, as i soon as i got the LP and listened to it once , i went for the cd...

Wants : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31511

References on NWN! (so far) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=709828#709828
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: