P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Messe des Morts II Festival - November 22-24, Montréal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theliving

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I didn't trek up. Both bands I wanted to see canceled. Saved me a lot of money / disappointment.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnslavedByMeat wrote:
Mgla cancelled due to a passport problem

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't go. They were the only band that made it worth going. Sucks for them big time too. Confused
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had I been able to afford traversing across my own pathetic country, REVENGE would have been worth the entire trip.

Archgoat would have sealed that deal.
robotdie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast on Thursday, wish we could have stayed for the whole fest. Will definitely stay for the entire thing next year! Archgoat sounded great at Katacombes, as did Sortilege. Montreal in general was much better than I ever thought!

Thanks for the tip for 33 tours Annick, we got some Banzai lps on our way out of the city Very Happy
EnslavedByMeat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Sortilegia Smile I wish the French heavy metal band would come though! Montréal is like a smaller Frenchier Boston, dude. Also Canadiens > Bruins!

It's the last day today without Mgla and with no replacements, but Sepulchral said they will try to make them come in early 2013, same thing with Darkspace, so keep your tickets, you'll get a better price if this happens.

The 2nd day was very cool, it's definitely a success.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvus and Neige Éternelle were great yesterday. Neige Éternelle was definitely the best surprise of the fest, reminded me of Nyktalgia at points.

Anyway, heading back soon with some tapes from LPH and some vinyl from Sepulchral Productions.

Overall a pretty good time, but last year was definitely better for me in most aspects. Catacombs is the far superior venue for this sort of thing in my opinion. It's unfortunate that its not just a little bit bigger.
EnslavedByMeat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://metantoinemagicalrealm.blogspot.ca/2012/11/messe-des-morts-ii-live-review.html

My review of the fest. Yeah, the sound and the atmosphere at Katacombes is better, but a bigger venue was needed and there's no way around it :/

Can't wait for next year.
ToDarkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any leftover copies of Sortilegia's 2nd demo? Would want to grab hold of it!
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:
Wait, why the HELL is Ragnarok on top of the bill?? One of the most embarrassing bands ever.

I have no idea who thought that was a good idea. They fucking BLEW! A good portion of the crowd seemed to like their set, but I walked out and went to the afterparty early.
Thoth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Ragnarok were pretty subpar. Black Witchery was the real headline of the night, if you ask me. But in any case, Sylvus and Neige Eternelle were wicked. Personally, I thought the Theatre Plaza was a great venue. Great sound, more space, bigger stage while keeping a certain proximity, I thought it was perfect for what the fest needed. Already excited for next year! Hopefully the bands Sepulchral is trying to get will be able to make it.
ENOLA GOAT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Sortilegia fare live?
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnslavedByMeat wrote:
http://metantoinemagicalrealm.blogspot.ca/2012/11/messe-des-morts-ii-live-review.html

My review of the fest. Yeah, the sound and the atmosphere at Katacombes is better, but a bigger venue was needed and there's no way around it :/

I enjoyed reading this... but, Archgoat has played in North America more than twice. I saw them in Chicago in 2009, and I believe there were a couple other shows in the States that summer, as well as the MDF appearance earlier this year.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
EnslavedByMeat wrote:

I enjoyed reading this... but, Archgoat has played in North America more than twice. I saw them in Chicago in 2009, and I believe there were a couple other shows in the States that summer, as well as the MDF appearance earlier this year.

I think 2 shows is correct, I remember their east coast shows were cancelled a few years back so I think Chicago and MDF were the only 2.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, didn't know the other shows in 2009 were cancelled (although I remember some shows since then being cancelled ...perhaps that is what you're speaking of? ) So, it looks like Montreal was their third North American show then. Wish I could have seen it !
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archgoat played around 5-6 dates including Chicago in summer '09. There's a video of them in LA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtKFN5JHJI&feature=related Great show, but I hardly remember it.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: